Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 blog with the Executive Producer of the game.

Quote:
"As a Michigan Wolverine fan, I want an NCAA Football that resembles the Saturday afternoon experience at the Big House. The sights, the sounds, and the traditions. (And of course, the return of a winning season. ;-) But it's not just about visual presentation. It's also making sure that my team - and all 120 FBS teams that we include in the game - look, feel, and play like my team. There are style variations across teams in the NFL but if you want to see true variety, it's all about College. We recognize that NCAA Football needs to more closely model and reflect those differences as part of gameplay.

Innovation

We've always had a history of innovation on the franchise. It was the first EA SPORTS game on Xbox Live back in 2004. In 2009 it was Online Dynasty, giving you the ability to compete with your friends across the country. Or last year's web-based team creator, TeamBuilder, where (amazingly) you guys have already created more than half-a-million custom teams! By the way, these teams will all work in NCAA Football 11 as well...

Before I came onboard the NCAA franchise, I worked on a number of online games and technologies across EA SPORTS and also led the team that helped bring EA SPORTS games to Xbox Live and Sony PSN. Without giving too much away, you can probably guess that online will be a big component of some of the new areas we're exploring this year."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bvb24 @ 03/10/10 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheud
Sorry guys I'm just not totally convinced that anything is going to change. Talk is cheap, and until I see some hard evidence that this is going to be a good game, I'm still not getting hyped.

Of course for all I know this could be the best football game ever made. Its still March, so we'll see.
I'm with you. Wait and see. Rent before I buy. EA has robbed me too many times.

# 42 Jeff George @ 03/10/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Check out the crowd texture in this video from EA fifa world cup. I know this is ncaa forum but can you imagine if ncaa and madden had crowds like that. and talk about momentum and foot planting. that shows me under the current engine that EA has is capable

http://www.easports.com/media/play/f...Africa_Trailer
Would you look at that... coach and crowd cutscenes, and an animation of a victory celebration. Just turn the World Cup trophy into a crystal football, and we're nearly there.

# 43 Vikes1 @ 03/11/10 06:38 PM
After buying NCAA for years in the PS2/XBox era, and enjoying it for the most part...along came the multiple disappointments of this current gen. And I finally just gave up.

After falling for the hype for so many years...I just don't have it in me anymore. It must be proven to me gameplay etc, is actually much improved, by way of several gameplay videos. The right things have been said before, and the end result was imo...blah.

I really hope the words ring true in July. Because I'd like to get back to playing a decent college football game.

# 44 blackscorpion11 @ 03/11/10 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
sounds like this guy just might "get it"... thank god.

IMO (and hope), this means better dynasty, authentic broadcast/atmosphere, and modes we actually want to see in the game.

I liked this the most:

What could this mean though? Will it play like an updated version of last gen?
i could live with an updated version of last gen over what it is now.. i still swear by ncaa 2006's gameplay

# 45 blackscorpion11 @ 03/11/10 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
After buying NCAA for years in the PS2/XBox era, and enjoying it for the most part...along came the multiple disappointments of this current gen. And I finally just gave up.

After falling for the hype for so many years...I just don't have it in me anymore. It must be proven to me gameplay etc, is actually much improved, by way of several gameplay videos. The right things have been said before, and the end result was imo...blah.

I really hope the words ring true in July. Because I'd like to get back to playing a decent college football game.

I'm with you, but in all honesty..I have never heard these specific statements/ promises of change made by the current Devs.. Last year they changed everything BUT the gameplay. minor tweaks aren't worth $65 in my opinion, especially if they don't fix core issues.

# 46 ODogg @ 03/12/10 09:15 AM
Sting - I pray hard each year for dredlocks and long hair but each year my dreams are shattered like broken glass.

blackscorpion - I completey disagree about not changing gameplay. IMO NCAA 09 to 10 was mostly about gameplay as the game not only played better but had a more unpredictable and organic nature. I think the main issue now is just how poor the graphics, sound and animation is, although make no mistake, the gameplay could certainly stand alot of improvement as well still.

# 47 mgoblue678 @ 03/12/10 01:41 PM
Sounds good, but I am going to wait for some hard evidence that things are really going change before I start jumping up and down.

And I couldn't disagree more with ODOGG about the gameplay in NCAA 10 being "organic and unpredictable." If anything I thought it was the exact opposite. Everything from o-line vs d-line interaction to the way most plays played out in general felt stale and predictable with very limited outcomes.

# 48 ODogg @ 03/12/10 01:58 PM
mgoblue - let me clarify, I don't think we disagree really...I agree it's nowhere near where it should be. I said it was more organic and unpredictable than 09. It still needs a lot of improvement.

# 49 doctorhay53 @ 03/12/10 02:27 PM
I was feeling really good about this until the very end:

Quote:
Before I came onboard the NCAA franchise, I worked on a number of online games and technologies across EA SPORTS and also led the team that helped bring EA SPORTS games to Xbox Live and Sony PSN. Without giving too much away, you can probably guess that online will be a big component of some of the new areas we're exploring this year.
That makes me feel absolutely terrible. This probably means they'll add a bunch of online achievements (which I hate with a passion), and that the regular dynasty mode will be joe dirt simple still as they've spent most of their time on something for online, which I never play due to lag, exploits, and the fact that I generally don't give a crap about online gameplay.

I was really excited until he just gut-punched me with that there at the end.

# 50 da ThRONe @ 03/12/10 02:31 PM
I'm almost positive if long hair was in they would have mentioned it with the rest of the equipment. As bad as I want it in I have to be honest with myself and realize it's probably not.

# 51 gator3guy @ 03/12/10 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I'm almost positive if long hair was in they would have mentioned it with the rest of the equipment. As bad as I want it in I have to be honest with myself and realize it's probably not.
The thing with long hair is that yes it is in madden but its basically part of the player. Correct me if i'm wrong, but there is no way to change whether a guy had long hair or not. Not saying it should be hard to add, but you know...

# 52 Jamin23 @ 03/12/10 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
The thing with long hair is that yes it is in madden but its basically part of the player. Correct me if i'm wrong, but there is no way to change whether a guy had long hair or not. Not saying it should be hard to add, but you know...
It's harder to let the user decide if they want them to have long hair, that's why most games don't give you the option to edit hair.

# 53 ODogg @ 03/12/10 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I agree, I doubt it's in. I'm going to keep pounding EA about it and eventually they will cave.

# 54 Blaxican8504 @ 03/12/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
I will go ape-dodo if it isn't in.
It's been said a bunch of times already that in order to get dreadlocks in the game, they would have to redo the player models. And if they had done something like that, they would have mentioned it.

# 55 St3fN_sTrApS @ 03/13/10 12:18 AM
Why don't they just make all the players bald and give you the option to add a fade, buzzcut, dreadlocks, long hair etc. and hair color. I mean thats how it was on Last GEN, if they were able to do it then, why not now? I'm sorry if I don't get it but it just doesn't seem like it would be that big of a pain in the kneck to add.

But then again I really don't have the slightest clue at all as to what it takes to develope a video game. I would really LIKE to see the addition of long hair, but if it doesn't end up in, I'm already used to it being snubbed every year.

# 56 Solidice @ 03/13/10 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
I remember reading that. I don't buy it. It just doesn't make sense. ps2 Madden were still "individual" players and they were able to port that into the college version. There's no difference now. Of course the Madden players are "individuals" but there's no reason that they couldn't port over long hair besides lack of talent on the EA team. Period.

Edit: I'm gonna add on that as well. The player faces we have in NCAA are generic. There's X number of faces that we can choose from or they're randomly generated for recruits. There's not a ton of them. Make HAIR an option as well like mentioned above. Buzzcut, fade, dreadlocks, long and wavy, etc. I don't buy the reason they've given us. Give us those options EA. Or don't, and continue to do what you've been doing.
I don't think madden and NCAA use the same player models though. and if they just "port" over the madden models to NCAA, they would likely have to remake all of the uniforms for every single team since the uniform template from the NCAA player model probably wont fit on the Madden player model. (120 teams x2 for home/away + any additional uniform combo a team may have = a ton of work)

from what I remember, the player models for NCAA do not even had a head, it's just a helmet with a face in it, so there is no head to even add hair to. I believe that was what Adam, or some other NCAA Dev said once(I could be wrong though).

I'm not sure how they handle the art/templates/models, so I'm not sure how hard or easy it would be to make adding hair possible.

# 57 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/16/10 08:20 AM
Well it all sounds good to me. Can't wait to see actual gameplay in a few months from now. It's going to be a long 3 months.

# 58 ODogg @ 03/16/10 10:59 AM
Sting - I agree, it's BS LAZINESS. If they say they can't do it because they don't use the same player models as Madden then here's an idea - CHANGE THE DA**** PLAYER MODELS TO BE LIKE MADDEN!

I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing excuses on how we can't do something we did 10 years ago on hardware 1/10th as powerful. Not to mention it's not like we're asking for the moon here. One look at a game like Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2 or the like and it's just PITIFUL...ABSOLUTELY PITIFUL that we are hearing that EA can't figure out to have a little bit of hair hanging out the back of someone's helmet.

If they think we'll just quit asking about this they are crazy. I'm going to continue to bring this up year after year after year.

# 59 blackscorpion11 @ 03/16/10 10:52 PM
[quote=ODogg;2040859770]Sting - I agree, it's BS LAZINESS. If they say they can't do it because they don't use the same player models as Madden then here's an idea - CHANGE THE DA**** PLAYER MODELS TO BE LIKE MADDEN!

I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing excuses on how we can't do something we did 10 years ago on hardware 1/10th as powerful. Not to mention it's not like we're asking for the moon here. One look at a game like Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2 or the like and it's just PITIFUL...ABSOLUTELY PITIFUL that we are hearing that EA can't figure out to have a little bit of hair hanging out the back of someone's helmet.
@************************************************* *******

I think they are being honest when they say they can't do it, not because it cant be done, but because THEY as DEVS are not CAPABLE of doing it.

Remember these are the same guys who have known of gameplay flaws involving collision detection and pure physics for years and done nothing to fix it. Instead they wasted time on features meant to DISTRACT from the horrible gameplay flaws they kept selling year after year..

No , if this group says they can't do something....I believe em.

Now some exec comes out of the office down the hall and makes all these promises of gameplay upgrades and improvements?

we'll see

# 60 coogrfan @ 03/17/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Sting - I agree, it's BS LAZINESS. If they say they can't do it because they don't use the same player models as Madden then here's an idea - CHANGE THE DA**** PLAYER MODELS TO BE LIKE MADDEN!
The problem with doing that is that would likely affect other areas as well:
  • We have been told that new player models means new uniform skins, so Adam and co would be forced to start from scratch for the 3rd or 4th time this gen. That would mean saying goodbye to almost all of the alternates we saw in NCAA 10. Imo that alone is reason enough not to make any player model changes from here on out.
  • Just a guess here, but I'll bet that it's also necessary to keep the same player models as last years game in order to let people use NCAA 10 Teambuilder squads in NCAA 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There's no question in my mind that they could do it, but I don't think that's the issue here. As I stated earlier the real question is how doing so might affect other parts of the game.

Put yourself in their shoes for a second, and ask yourself a question:

What would you say is more important to the majority of NCAA gamers: having as many uniform options as possible, or long hair for maybe 1-2% of the players in the game? How about TB squads vs long hair?

When you look at it from that pov it becomes something of a no-brainer. I would be willing to bet that 95% of the NCAA community would agree.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.