Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 blog with the Executive Producer of the game.

Quote:
"As a Michigan Wolverine fan, I want an NCAA Football that resembles the Saturday afternoon experience at the Big House. The sights, the sounds, and the traditions. (And of course, the return of a winning season. ;-) But it's not just about visual presentation. It's also making sure that my team - and all 120 FBS teams that we include in the game - look, feel, and play like my team. There are style variations across teams in the NFL but if you want to see true variety, it's all about College. We recognize that NCAA Football needs to more closely model and reflect those differences as part of gameplay.

Innovation

We've always had a history of innovation on the franchise. It was the first EA SPORTS game on Xbox Live back in 2004. In 2009 it was Online Dynasty, giving you the ability to compete with your friends across the country. Or last year's web-based team creator, TeamBuilder, where (amazingly) you guys have already created more than half-a-million custom teams! By the way, these teams will all work in NCAA Football 11 as well...

Before I came onboard the NCAA franchise, I worked on a number of online games and technologies across EA SPORTS and also led the team that helped bring EA SPORTS games to Xbox Live and Sony PSN. Without giving too much away, you can probably guess that online will be a big component of some of the new areas we're exploring this year."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 coogrfan @ 03/17/10 04:52 PM
  1. I don't think the game looks awful. Far from it, in point of fact;
  2. From a purely selfish pov it's a non-issue, as I don't believe my Coogs have a single player with hair that is long enough to be seen outside his helmet.

# 82 RynoAid @ 03/17/10 05:18 PM
yea... hair priority seems kinda like this to me..

1. Gameplay functionality (blocking logic, locomotion etc)
2. Online Dynasty enhancements (more teams per dynasty and web enabled stats
3. Playbooks and Packages (custom playbooks and mods to the playcalliing screen.
4. Game saving options (allow disconnected Dynasty games to be restarted at the point it disconnected etc..)
100. Dreadlocks and Mullets.

# 83 ODogg @ 03/17/10 05:26 PM
And some people enjoy playing text sims too, what's your point?

# 84 RynoAid @ 03/17/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
And some people enjoy playing text sims too, what's your point?
i think the point is, the majority of NCAA gamers would like to see more "core" game issues resolved before addressing cosmetic issues.

# 85 ODogg @ 03/17/10 05:54 PM
How about EA fixing the core game while at the same time addressing the way the game looks? Frankly i'm kind of surprised EA hasn't spruced up the cosmetics before the other stuff considering that is usually their style. I'm not really huge on graphics and issues like this so much as I want the game to be less stale. Seeing everyone look the same is a big part of that.

And besides the hair, everyone mostly looks the same in other ways, unlike Madden. It's a whole issue they really need to address. College football is, if anything, more unique in how the players look than the NFL. The NFL is much more uniform in how they enforce uniform codes and look so I find it ironic that the Madden game is wildly more unique looking in how the players appear vs. NCAA.

Quite frankly i've been patient and so have a lot of folks but there is no excuse for this going on as long as it has and it has got to stop. Regardless of what you may think of hair, everyone here should hold EA accountable for the overall generic look the game has now. It's unacceptable to me.

# 86 dmick4324 @ 03/17/10 06:34 PM
I agree with you ODogg about the generic look. I can see that having a couple guys with long hair would spice it up a little bit, I just think if it's going to take a lot of effort as some people have said then I'd rather not have it.

One thing though I'd like to see some change in is the running styles. It might just be me but it seems like there are two ways the players run, arms tight and "handsome," or just flat out ugly. The ugly running style makes it look like their waddling in slow motion. I'd just like to see more variety in the way players run.

# 87 LionsFanNJ @ 03/17/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
i think the point is, the majority of NCAA gamers would like to see more "core" game issues resolved before addressing cosmetic issues.
Tell that to Iowa fans.

# 88 fcboiler87 @ 03/17/10 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I don't believe this is correct. They may well make subtle tweaks here and there, but if memory serves the current player models debuted in NCAA 09. The fact that the player models were unchanged enabled EA to add a large number of additional alternate uni's to NCAA 10.

EDIT: straight from the horses mouth (no offense, Adam )
I think I just wasn't real clear. I agree the player models themselves are the same, but go into player editor and look at how the players look. That is what I am saying is different. They seem to change the way players look every year, not the model.

# 89 stoncold32 @ 03/17/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If I had to guess I would say long hair didn't make the cut due to the cost effectivness test I spoke of previously (amount of time and effort required vs the number of gamers likely to care, or some other variation on that theme).

The fact that there are basically two people beating the drum for this here at OS tells me that hair just ain't a major concern for most NCAA fans.
I dont complain about it, b/c it should be in the game.

Let me say this, ANYTHING that was on PS2 should be in this game.

It's not like long hair is something that rarely exists. There's 2-3 guys on EVERY team that have it.

Also, this issue should have never come about, b/c from day one of designing whatever playter model they are using, they should've factored in hairstyle. If not immediately then for the following year.

# 90 stoncold32 @ 03/17/10 07:19 PM
Also, not to stir the pot anymore, hehe, but I looked at the back of my '04 box, and that game had mouthpieces. If you dont believe me, go look(if u still have the game).

Matter of fact, I can look at the back of the '04 box and point out several(necessary) things that game had that we still havent had thru NCAA '10

# 91 RynoAid @ 03/17/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Tell that to Iowa fans.
that's a bug, that's not an enhancement... and it should be addressed.

# 92 jfsolo @ 03/17/10 08:07 PM
That's one of the reasons I love the Bioware boards. The developers come right out and say, "Feature X uses too many Zots(man hours/money), so its out. If thats a deal breaker for you, well we're sorry, and hope that you can find a game that accommodates what you're looking for.

EA Tiburon should just say, "Long Hair will not be in during this generation, because of X,Y, and Z. If that is a gamekiller for you, well we're sorry to lose your business."

# 93 Watson @ 03/17/10 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
That's one of the reasons I love the Bioware boards. The developers come right out and say, "Feature X uses too many Zots(man hours/money), so its out. If thats a deal breaker for you, well we're sorry, and hope that you can find a game that accommodates what you're looking for.

EA Tiburon should just say, "Long Hair will not be in during this generation, because of X,Y, and Z. If that is a gamekiller for you, well we're sorry to lose your business."
Reason? On this board? That dog will not hunt senor...

# 94 Hova57 @ 03/17/10 09:12 PM
right for a board that is full of men. if a company came out and said that they would be screaming like a bunch of girls.

me personally if they had fix the physics and maybe incorporate some of madden 10 . i would be happy

# 95 jclentzthadon @ 03/17/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
call me crazy, but hair is way down on my list of priorities... though obviously a touchy subject in the community.

If it's not something that can be done easily i would rather them focus their efforts towards expanding online dynasty functionality.

CO-SIGNED

I don't understand all the cosmetics. The gameplay has been substandard to be polite about it. All the handwarmers and field goal nets mean nothing without physics and momentum.

If the gameplay was great then I'd be all in on cosmetics but for the love of the game give us some great gameplay then put the bells and whistles in the game.

If anything and it's not really cosmetics, fix the running animations...

# 96 ODogg @ 03/17/10 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

I agree, they should just do that, it's worst to have hope every year and have it shattered time and time again. Having no hope would be better.

# 97 ODogg @ 03/17/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
People need to stop assuming that the people that want dreadlocks and mouthpieces aren't wanting gameplay improvements. O'Dogg and I want them BOTH. Stop trying to pigeonhole us into some "graphics and cosmetics are all that matter" crowd. We want it all and it's well documented on these boards. That's just the kick we're on right now: Dreadlocks. Next week we could be begging for the implementation of REAL option-blocking schemes. Who knows.

Right now damnit I'm gonna talk about dreads and long hair...and how it's unacceptable that we still don't have them.
Thank you! Exactly right! Personally I don't even care about cosmetics usually, i'm not calling for a new kind of athletic shoe, heck i don't even bark about face masks because honestly I don't really think most people who are average fans know about facemasks but long hair they do. There is simply no excuse for this kind of incompetence on EA's part.

As for me, I do have a lot of other issues with the game but this is just one that annoys me to no end because it's so noticeable. Perhaps it is more noticeable to me as a fan of Hawai'i which is a team that has a lot of long haired players and OSU used to as well in the AJ Hawk days.

But yeah I'm not going to get into this whole "well let's fix all the gameplay issues first before fixing anything else that is so trivial like cosmetics" because truth be told the gameplay will always need improvement. This is something basic that last gen had. Get it fixed. I will not ever stop complaining about it until it's in the game.

# 98 doctorhay53 @ 03/18/10 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I think I just wasn't real clear. I agree the player models themselves are the same, but go into player editor and look at how the players look. That is what I am saying is different. They seem to change the way players look every year, not the model.
And the point is, that doesn't mean it's easy to add long hair. Just because the players look a little different, doesn't mean the fundamental time issue to re-do the entire system is any better.

# 99 ODogg @ 03/18/10 02:28 PM
I must have missed the memo that we should only ask EA to reinstate old features we've come to expect only when it's "easy".

# 100 CuseGirl @ 03/18/10 03:11 PM
If they're already releasing screenshots of the game, how many of our demands (at this point) are gonna be in the first release?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.