Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

The official UFC Undisputed 2010 community website has posted their second Q&A with the team. Lots of good info here.

Quote:
Kurowski God: "Are there different "rocked" stages, like you hit with a head kick, maybe he gets more rocked then a good right hook."

Team: "In this year's game, we shared that you can be rocked from any position and by almost every move. While these moves, and by extension the rocked states that they'll be causing, will look different depending upon what you do (head kick, uppercut), being rocked will not have varying degrees of 'rockiness' or grogginess. What's important is how the player who rocked the other executes his next few moves. If you have your combos down and have excellent timing, you'll be able to quickly level some devastating moves on your groggy opponent -- you might even knock him out. These 'follow up' combos are going to be tough to execute, as any other button inputs after the rocked animation will derail the combo. But the skilled player who uses caution and foresight when he knows his opponent is struggling will get an awesome payoff."

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jb12780 @ 03/12/10 10:40 PM
Thats sweet you can choose your counter.

# 2 BlueNGold @ 03/12/10 11:45 PM
Quote:
SleepyWeasel asks “In the new Career mode, does your fighter age at all? Or does he stay the same age throughout the entire career?”

Your fighter, and all other fighters will age. Aging occurs in two ways. As your fighter becomes more experienced at certain skills and moves after training, it'll become easier and easier to better maintain your proficiency in that field. For example, once you get so good at wrestling, you don't have to train as extensively to keep up your skill as a wrestler. On the other hand, we've implemented a decay system that's a function of your age. Once your fighter gets up there in the years, you'll find that you need to focus on maintaining your core stats through your weekly training routine a bit more to stay fresh in the Octagon. Along your career mode playthrough, you'll even see the greats of the UFC retiring.
This game sounds 10x better than the original. We need some damn gameplay videos!

# 3 boxboy99 @ 03/13/10 12:19 AM
Yeah I am ready for the second. The first was great but my controller sucks and I had a rough time doing all the long range strikes. It seems everyone master those strikes and since you couldn't dodge that is pretty much all most everyone did in a multiplayer match and it ruined the game. Actually felt I was decent at the game but never one the belt on advance because in my two careers there was always someone I couldn't get past. I made a Sokojou (I know I spelled wrong but too tired to look it up) and could never get past Tito's wrestling. Im sure I didn't max out my training. Also thought I would go back and win the belt but never felt like putting the time back in to beat the game. Got sick of fighting the same people over and over. If they have a career like FNR4 I will probably never take the game out of my console. I loved being able to sim and not take a fight until new blood emerged. The retirement and new fighter system was pretty nice as well. Also I hope CPU vs CPU mode and sim fights are in the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.