Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The patch for Major League Baseball 2K10 is now available. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed it, the list of fixes were announced here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 AlrightGuy @ 03/16/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic78
i just broke someones bat with sabathia...was this in the game pre patch or something added thats not on the list?
If you're asking about broken bats, I know I've had them as a hitter, but I can't remember seeing any from when I was pitching. It's pretty rare as a hitter - maybe 1 every 2-3 games or so.

I've not downloaded the patch yet, so I'll get it tonight and check it out.

# 22 AlrightGuy @ 03/16/10 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljimkusz
Hunter Pence just threw Adrian Beltre out at first base from right field on a bloop single by about 30 ft...I haven't played much since I was waiting for the first patch. In my short time playing I knew the fielders had rocket arms..but come on...really? Not sure if this is new or not, but it happened in my first game after the patch.
This happened to me last night (pre-patch) in My Player. I hit a rocket shot to RF and Ryan Ludwick threw me out at first by a good margin. (Player's speed is 65, BTW)

Rocket OF arms have been a problem for 2k's default settings for several games now. A couple of years ago, I had to turn the AI throwing/def aggression sliders all the way to 0 to just make it possible for fast baserunners to tag and advance on a deep flyout. I knew when noodle-armed Willy Taveras threw out a runner at home from the warning track (with no cut-off man) that something was very, very wrong...

# 23 davis420 @ 03/16/10 10:50 AM
Right now I am thinking about deleting my saved game on the hard drive and resaving everything because so far I have seen check swings, I don't know about them being called strikes if the pitch was out of the zone. I am NOT seeing the pitch fatigue happening. When a pitcher gets down to the 20s-30s it is going back to 99! This was my major thing I wanted fixed at least in this patch and I don't think it is! I want to know if everything needs deleted or what! I'm not very happy with this right now!

# 24 ScottGer76 @ 03/16/10 11:00 AM
I was suprised to read that there is no injury fix. This needs to be fixed to make the franchise mode better. Dealing with injuries and juggling lineups will make this game so much better.

# 25 AlrightGuy @ 03/16/10 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
What? There are not enough injuries?

You know I never noticed that...
Sarcasm? Or serious?

# 26 jake44np @ 03/16/10 11:20 AM
Allright just played a game and the cpu pitchers will go back to 99 for stamina once they get to around 35. The thing is the cpu actually took the pitcher out right after this, get this in the middle of the inning!
If you read the fixes for the patch they dont say they fixed the stamina resetting, they only say pitchers will now come out when they get tired which just happened in my game.
I have played over 30 games and had never seen the cpu take a pitcher out when he was still pitching good but was or should have been tired.
So they did sort of fix the issue that cpu pitchers would pitch too long, they just didnt fix he fatigue resetting. Acutally I dont think it resets at all he just goes back to 99 for some reason.

# 27 ScottGer76 @ 03/16/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
What? There are not enough injuries?

You know I never noticed that...
You're joking right?

# 28 NumberOneRB @ 03/16/10 11:32 AM
I sure hope that's not the case, because that would be yet another presentation compromise to supposedly force players to "speed up the game." I'm really hoping the "cutting" of batter/pitcher routines was a result of some poorly designed ideas by the developers, and can be fixed in a future patch. There is no reason they should cut these things out just to force players to speed up the game. If we want to speed up the game, we can choose "hurry up" in the options menu, or simply press a button during game play to manually speed the game up.

# 29 jeffy777 @ 03/16/10 11:49 AM
Check swings work perfectly.

Just played a few games of My Player and the AI now uses the bullpen more realistically as well.

# 30 NumberOneRB @ 03/16/10 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Check swings work perfectly.

Just played a few games of My Player and the AI now uses the bullpen more realistically as well.
You perform check swings by pulling back on the swing stick after you commit to a swing correct?

# 31 Juiceman @ 03/16/10 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
YES! GREAT NEWS!

# 32 NumberOneRB @ 03/16/10 11:56 AM
Maybe my eyes are deceiving me and I'm just seeing what I want to see, but is anyone noticing a slight reduction in jaggies overall? It appears that maybe some of the jaggies have been touched up a bit (I believe the shadows look a bit smoother). I'm thinking maybe its just a figment of my imagination, since I'm not even certain developers can fix jaggies via patches.

# 33 jeffy777 @ 03/16/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
You perform check swings by pulling back on the swing stick after you commit to a swing correct?
That is correct, sir.

# 34 fuxed @ 03/16/10 12:09 PM
Just to reaffirm everything that has been noted about the stamina. Played a My Player game, Atlanta's pitcher's stamina reset in inning 5. He went on the pitch 8 innings. My Player's stamina reset in inning 10....
It's not even about the stamina resetting as it is the AI managing is god awful. Top of the 8th in a tie game, pitcher leads off, instead of at that point pinch hitting, the manager of Atlanta leaves him in to hit then proceeds to take him out the next inning anyways.

# 35 doctorhay53 @ 03/16/10 12:24 PM
I noticed in the patch notes there was mention of both the xbox 360 and ps3, but no mention of a PC patch. Does anyone have any info here?

# 36 Juiceman @ 03/16/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Yes I think the issue of the CPU never subbing out pitchers will be a thing of the past. (as fun as it was seeing Derek Lowe pitch 140 pitches against me.....lol)

However; the bug where pitchers randomly recover fatigue is still present.

3 posters have confirmed this.
Yeah, that seems to be the case and fits the fix too which states, "CPU pitchers were staying in too long/throwing too many pitches." That says nothing about fixing stamina.

# 37 davis420 @ 03/16/10 12:29 PM
I'm gonna give it another try in a little bit. It's to nice here on the East Coast to sit in the house. I'll post back what I found a little later. Keep the Impressions coming, guys!

# 38 loogs @ 03/16/10 12:31 PM
WHAT A DAMN SHAME!!!!!!!!!! you can't check swing with the classic controls. im not using that broken swing stick either.

# 39 Stylez777 @ 03/16/10 12:39 PM
I have a $4,000 Gaming rig and a $199 Xbox360. So of course i'd rather play ANY game on my PC rather then the xbox and yet I have to sit here and see people complain how they are PS3 users and they are getting the worst of it by getting a patch "sometime soon". HAHA PLEASE! PC users have had 0 mention at all! we are getting the shaft! WE pc users can;t even trade in our game and get some money back if we don't like it. We are stuck with what garbage they give us then are forced to watch everyone complain and get patches while we sit here as an after thought.

This is a Joke, and 2K is a joke for catering to a niche market of console gamers.

# 40 Mercury112491 @ 03/16/10 12:41 PM
just played my first game after the patch. Faced Oswalt and his stamina bar did reset after 84 pitchers(in the 30's i believe). He finished the inning, next inning(7th) Arod hit a 2R HR off him with one out to make it 4-1. CPU instantly subbed him out. In past games I had to really batter the pitcher to get him taken out so I think the fix is there.

Also for the first time ever my pitcher got Pepsi Clutch Performer with legit stats.

Next I'm gonna go into My Player and see if I encounter any opposing pitchers with 140+ pitch counts(my record is seeing a 231 pitch count).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.