Home
MLB 10 News Post

The second patch will be live on Thursday 3-18-10. The fix list is below. Also, this patch was worked after the game had shipped, so we had a chance to address issued reported by consumers. We fixed all we could given the time frame for this patch to go live as soon as possible. While I'm sure it doesn't cover all issues you are experiencing, we are continuously investigating other problems and we will update everyone once we have more concrete information. Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.

- Cacthers no longer get ruled an error on drop 3rd strikes.

- The power vs left bar on the pitcher x batter screen is working properly now

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 playball11 @ 03/18/10 12:06 AM
Are patches left on PSN to download if I purchase the game at a later date? Thanks.

# 82 Knight165 @ 03/18/10 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Ok, lets see if i got this straight.

I just set up a situation where i got the bases loaded with two outs by striking out the first two hitters and then intentionally walked the next three.

I then managed to get the next hitter to ground to my 1st baseman who took the ball to 1st by himself to FORCE the batter out.

No run was counted in this situation. So it isn't happening everytime like was stated unless this is a different senario in some way.
It happens occasionally if the guy on third is quick and he crosses the plate before the out at first is recorded.

M.K.
Knight165

# 83 Whitesox @ 03/18/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playball
Are patches left on PSN to download if I purchase the game at a later date? Thanks.
Yes, if you are connected to PSN, the first time you start the game you'll be prompted to download the latest patch.

# 84 thekodinator @ 03/18/10 12:46 AM
so how's this gonna change the way I run my franchise? I mean, i think that I'm still gonna control all 30 teams like i am doing currently...

it seems to be working awfully well so far...

# 85 texbuk84 @ 03/18/10 12:46 AM
Russell you guys over there are the freaking man great way to get this patch to us man. I'm geeked about tommorrown

# 86 Flightwhite24 @ 03/18/10 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmorgan3
I had it happen once where the guy hadn't crossed home plate before the out was recorded. I was hitting playing @ Dodger Stadium.

I have experienced this in 09 and now 10. Worrys me that it could pop up and ruin a good game.
Have not seen this yet. Gotta keep an eye out for this one.

# 87 statum71 @ 03/18/10 01:13 AM
Great. Now I can load up all my walkup songs without 'em mixing up on the field.

Great work SCEA, as always.

# 88 MarcoRVD @ 03/18/10 01:43 AM
Awesome news! Now I can finally start my traditional fantasy draft Franchise! Thank you guys.

# 89 Braves Fan @ 03/18/10 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
franchise not having to be restarted...at least shouldn't have to be is music to my ears.

Almost through May, haven't encountered any of the franchise issues(cpu trading for you/waiver issue) and now I never will.

Excellent work guys...excellent work.
How do you get through your franchises so fast man? I feel like I'm making a lot of progress and playing a lot but I'm only at the end of April, lol.

Very glad to see that I shouldn't have to start my franchise over to get this patch. There was no way I was going to start over, hopefully it goes through like Russel said it would. It'll take a lot of the work away that I had planned on having to do. I should be able to just play a single team franchise now and not have to worry about baby sitting the CPU so much. I'll still do it some but not as much as I had originally planned.

# 90 Gibson88 @ 03/18/10 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codysmith76
The release of the patch was said to be around 5 a.m. Does anyone know if that is eastern time or pacific time?
I'm pretty sure it's 5am pacific time since they are out of San Diego. But I guess in 32minutes we can find out.....

Here's to starting an Epic Dodger Franchise!!!

Thanks Russell and Team for making it happen!

# 91 Foo4Everlong @ 03/18/10 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson88
I'm pretty sure it's 5am pacific time since they are out of San Diego. But I guess in 32minutes we can find out.....

Here's to starting an Epic Dodger Franchise!!!

Thanks Russell and Team for making it happen!
Actually, I think it's the other way around. I remember when Madden 10 got patched (Patch 1 I think) and it came out at 5am Eastern time. I remember it being early in the morning. But you're right, we'll find out soon enough. Later

# 92 Smoke7 @ 03/18/10 05:02 AM
Just wanted to thank all the people at SCEA who got this out so fast. It really is a breath of fresh air for a developer to stand by their product and continue to support it long after the consumer's initial purchase. KUDOS!

# 93 Counted Out @ 03/18/10 05:09 AM
Franchise mode, here I come!

# 94 bonannogiovanni @ 03/18/10 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Ah, ok thanks for clearing that up Knight. Not to often that would happen i guess, still none the less would be very frustrating in the wrong circumstance, lol.
To me it happened in the first inning of my very first game. If the baserunner crosses home plate before the 3rd out is made at first, it is a run. I've never seen it happen in 09. IMO it's very concerning because it breaks the rules of baseball.

# 95 Gibson88 @ 03/18/10 05:22 AM
It must be 5am pacific. Still no update. No worries.

# 96 Instant C1a55ic @ 03/18/10 05:23 AM
Any word if we have to start over in franchise if we already began? Its late, im tired and dont wanna search through all the pages...

# 97 Counted Out @ 03/18/10 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
Any word if we have to start over in franchise if we already began? Its late, im tired and dont wanna search through all the pages...
He said you shouldn't have to.

# 98 Instant C1a55ic @ 03/18/10 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counted Out
He said you shouldn't have to.
Thanks bro, much appreciated. Now i can go to bed dreaming the sweet dream of franchise baseball and having the next 3 days off to fulfill that dream

# 99 roolz @ 03/18/10 06:03 AM
Being from England its always a challenge getting my head around timezones, especially given that America has at least 3 iirc.

So 5am Pacific is what 2 hours away now? Thats midday here.

# 100 Mr. Rad @ 03/18/10 06:14 AM
Great news, thanks SCEA.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.