Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 321 TheRunAndShoot @ 05/05/10 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
I think your right and I am beginning to doubt were going to see a 3rd patch. I have not played the game much since my day 1 purchase and have been holding out for the rosters to be complete with all the edits and I also assumed that SCEA would fix the issues that the last patch didn't cover. Kind of sad to think that they would not fix it or atleast let us know if there going to or if it is something that cant be done this year. Starting to feel a lot like a EA game.
I couldn't agree more. Its kinda sad. On one hand this isnt a horrible game but it feels like the game almost took a step backward this year. I play franchise exclusively after rosters drop and there is just so many problems with it I don't think I'm gonna be playing this game much this year.

# 322 Matz21Moabit @ 05/05/10 10:02 AM
i donīt understand scea
this games is the best sports game iīve ever played and the bugs doensīt break this experience for me. so i can play without a third patch. but why they canīt tell us if there working on a third patch or not ?
now many gamers wait to start their franchise and scea should comment the status of a third patch

# 323 tessl @ 05/05/10 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz21Moabit
i donīt understand scea
this games is the best sports game iīve ever played and the bugs doensīt break this experience for me. so i can play without a third patch. but why they canīt tell us if there working on a third patch or not ?
now many gamers wait to start their franchise and scea should comment the status of a third patch
Because they are not going to release a third patch and don't want to hear the complaints if they reveal it.

# 324 diamondw23 @ 05/07/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz21Moabit
i donīt understand scea
I'm with you on this & happy either way. Patch or no patch, I simply want to know. 60 games into a franchise already & can't tell you hard it will be to continue once Knight's v2 roster set drops. I've started my franchise over 4 times already simply nailing down slider sets. If I commit to starting over ONE more time & a 3rd patch comes out in a month from now, I'd have to start over AGAIN. I LOVE this game & a little (ok, allot) obsessed with realism...

-GW-

-GW-

# 325 Braves Fan @ 05/07/10 02:28 PM
At some point you guys just need to start your franchise and go with it. If you keep waiting it'll be June or July before you start your franchise and at that point you'll never finish one. MLB 11 will be out before you know it so my advice is just to accept the game for what it is and enjoy it. I'd much rather them start focusing on MLB 11 than creating a 3rd patch, MLB 10 is what it is at this point.

# 326 D3C4K @ 05/07/10 03:47 PM
I haven't started a franchise as of yet, as I'm waiting for Knight's v2 rosters. In the meantime, I'm setting markers in n8rocker's sound pack and just finished collecting and assigning team songs. I'd have to think that if SCEA weren't releasing any more patches, they would've said something in the bugs/glitches thread. Otherwise, what's the point of having everyone provide info on what needs to be fixed? I also don't believe they'd ignore the Sounds of the Show glitch. They were already concerned enough about it to attempt a fix, it just turns out the fix was merely cosmetic, as now rather than not saving or playing any soungs over 243, it's simply not playing them. I wouldn't lose hope, just give SCEA time to work on the issues.

# 327 Tomba @ 05/08/10 12:36 AM
I'd love it if there were a patch that fixes much of the bad framerates during play that many have seen.

If the patch doesn't address that then I'll wait til next years game with new player models to play

# 328 tessl @ 05/08/10 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
At some point you guys just need to start your franchise and go with it. If you keep waiting it'll be June or July before you start your franchise and at that point you'll never finish one. MLB 11 will be out before you know it so my advice is just to accept the game for what it is and enjoy it. I'd much rather them start focusing on MLB 11 than creating a 3rd patch, MLB 10 is what it is at this point.
I disagree. They have until March on next year to work on MLB 11. I just had my amateur draft in the second year and there were zero position players in the draft. Franchise mode is rendered useless by these glitches. It shouldn't be too hard to fix some of these issues since a lot of them weren't in the game last year.

The people who are saying the game in fine are casual players.

# 329 Rules @ 05/08/10 05:10 PM
I can tell you this, I dropped $60 down for one of the most flawed games I have seen in years. I have waited for the third patch and it is obvious that it not coming.

No way in hell am I going to purchase next year's game when they handed us this mess of a game. I bought this year's based on their previous high marks but this one is no where close. I am almost starting to believe they broke this years game on purpose so that everyone would get next years game. Not that it was perfect last year but it was for the most part bug and problem free.

# 330 countryboy @ 05/08/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
I disagree. They have until March on next year to work on MLB 11. I just had my amateur draft in the second year and there were zero position players in the draft. Franchise mode is rendered useless by these glitches. It shouldn't be too hard to fix some of these issues since a lot of them weren't in the game last year.

The people who are saying the game in fine are casual players.
and the statement in bold would be false. I'm a die-hard nut for baseball, and while there are things I'd like fixed, I'm ok with the game as is. If I wasn't, I'd be playing something else instead of constantly playing a game that only aggrevates me.

And zero position players in year 2 of the draft? Are you sure?

# 331 scooteristkai @ 05/10/10 04:27 AM
My guess is SCEA is waiting for Knightīs Roster to be released and they will release Patch No.3 at the same moment haha. Just a wish oh well....

# 332 ehh @ 05/10/10 09:27 AM
Last Friday I had a game at Baltimore.

Couldn't buy a hit, was down 2-0 since the jump. Trailed 3-0 going into the 8th. Granderson popped a solo shot, 3-1 going into the 9th. Get two men on base, Swisher hits a high pop fly that barely carries over the LF fence, hitting the top of the wall for a 3-run homer. Eventually there are two outs and the bases empty, Cervelli lines a single followed by a Jeter seeing-eye-single. Then Granderson crushes a three-run bomb of his own. 7-3, great feeling to bust out after 7 innings of frustration.

So then the bottom of the 9th. Four, yes FOUR consecutive errors from my fielders. Two from Cano overthrowing first, one from A-Rod overthrowing 2nd and one from Rivera over throwing first. I still won the game 7-5 as Mo got a strike out with the bases loaded to end it. SMH though, even if this game isn't scripted, their formulas/algorithms/etc are tapped for '10.

# 333 HokieB @ 05/12/10 09:51 PM
I just can't get into the game this year. I'm shocked, as I consider myself a HUGE Show fan. It's the main reason I bought I PS3. And I know that it's still the best baseball game on the market by far, and there are so many things to love about it, but there are just these things that seem to happen every game that make me roll my eyes and wonder how they weren't caught originally, and weren't patch through two rounds of patches (the 2nd of which I believe was rushed out WAAAAY too fast if they weren't planning on a 3rd patch).

I no longer attempt pickoffs when I pitch, and when at bat I no longer extend my lead beyond the normal distance because pickoff rates seems to be around 50%. And to think the new pickoff system was something they were touting.

And the wild pitches are just WAAAAY to much. You can count on at least two per game, which really changes the whole dynamic of my strategy. I mean, why sacrifice in key situations when there's a great chance the computer will move them over for you. Lame.

And unless you manually handle the lineups for all 30 teams, the CPU fields some horrid, horrid lineups. I know they don't need to completely mimic real life, and are based off of some sort of CPU logic, but they aren't even close to reasonable for the most part. Many are willing and able to look beyond this, but baseball games have been getting this right for years, but SCEA seems to have bitten more off than they can chew with all this waiver, rule 5, arbitration, etc. mess they've created.

I'm hoping I will snap out of it and get back into this game, but these repetitive bugs/glitches/annoyances/whatever have saturated my gaming experience. Just needed to vent.

# 334 ehh @ 05/12/10 10:35 PM
SMH, this game may be bound for eBay.

I just can't take the hitting anymore. It's worse than it was in 09 by far, worse than 08 too as far as I can tell.

No matter the slider set or difficult, it's terrible.

95% of my ABs are:

1) Strike out
2) Ground ball directly at a fielder
3) Lazy fly ball to OF
4) Frozen rope right at an OF
5) Home run

I never, ever put together rallies that don't involve a home run. I've never scored more than two runs in an inning without the long ball. The game is just seems to be programmed to have too many "at 'em" balls. Driving me up the wall.

Superb/Meatball, meatball/perfect, meatball/normal. Out, out, out.

So frustrating. I'd like to get a walk, a single, and back-to-back doubles just once in this game.

# 335 tessl @ 05/13/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I just can't get into the game this year. I'm shocked, as I consider myself a HUGE Show fan. It's the main reason I bought I PS3. And I know that it's still the best baseball game on the market by far, and there are so many things to love about it, but there are just these things that seem to happen every game that make me roll my eyes and wonder how they weren't caught originally, and weren't patch through two rounds of patches (the 2nd of which I believe was rushed out WAAAAY too fast if they weren't planning on a 3rd patch).

I no longer attempt pickoffs when I pitch, and when at bat I no longer extend my lead beyond the normal distance because pickoff rates seems to be around 50%. And to think the new pickoff system was something they were touting.

And the wild pitches are just WAAAAY to much. You can count on at least two per game, which really changes the whole dynamic of my strategy. I mean, why sacrifice in key situations when there's a great chance the computer will move them over for you. Lame.

And unless you manually handle the lineups for all 30 teams, the CPU fields some horrid, horrid lineups. I know they don't need to completely mimic real life, and are based off of some sort of CPU logic, but they aren't even close to reasonable for the most part. Many are willing and able to look beyond this, but baseball games have been getting this right for years, but SCEA seems to have bitten more off than they can chew with all this waiver, rule 5, arbitration, etc. mess they've created.

I'm hoping I will snap out of it and get back into this game, but these repetitive bugs/glitches/annoyances/whatever have saturated my gaming experience. Just needed to vent.
I'm playing a franchise without 30 team control, and I'm in the second year. I keep wondering how long before the budget issues start to crop up.

It almost seems that the devs were upset about being pressured to put out a second patch and hastily released it and now have an attitude about a third patch. It's a shame because this isn't far from being a really great game.

# 336 HustlinOwl @ 05/13/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
SMH, this game may be bound for eBay.

I just can't take the hitting anymore. It's worse than it was in 09 by far, worse than 08 too as far as I can tell.

No matter the slider set or difficult, it's terrible.

95% of my ABs are:

1) Strike out
2) Ground ball directly at a fielder
3) Lazy fly ball to OF
4) Frozen rope right at an OF
5) Home run

I never, ever put together rallies that don't involve a home run. I've never scored more than two runs in an inning without the long ball. The game is just seems to be programmed to have too many "at 'em" balls. Driving me up the wall.

Superb/Meatball, meatball/perfect, meatball/normal. Out, out, out.

So frustrating. I'd like to get a walk, a single, and back-to-back doubles just once in this game.
You are not good at the game and its the games fault? Is this seriously what these forums have come to?

# 337 ehh @ 05/13/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
You are not good at the game and its the games fault? Is this seriously what these forums have come to?
Please Owl, don't come in with that generic weak cop out.

The hitting has absolutely no rhyme or reason.

I just played one game where I didn't move the L-stick at all, not once the entire game, and I tore the cover off the ball. Scored over 10 runs for the first time in my franchise and I'm 25 games in. That's the first time in two years I didn't use the L-stick, I hate time-only hitting.

I was ripping pitches that were up-n-in on the black, yet I didn't move the L-Stick and I was hitting HRs and doubles. Yet for 25 games, when I moved the PCI so the ball was directly in the center of it and timed it properly, there was pathetic hit variety.

The PCI is useless, it means nothing. I'm still used to the cursor days of 2K3-4 and the PCI operates nothing like it. Getting your PCI to cover where the pitch coming in gives you no bonus, you're better off just leaving it neutral. How do I crush pitches that aren't even in my PCI but do worse on pitches that are smack in the middle of it?

# 338 HustlinOwl @ 05/13/10 02:32 PM
what level

# 339 ehh @ 05/13/10 02:43 PM
Right now I'm on Vet with hitting toned down. Played on All-Star the first 15-18 games but was so frustrated I dropped it down to Vet.

# 340 HustlinOwl @ 05/13/10 02:46 PM
Vet is timing based lol no need for L stick

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.