Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 341 ehh @ 05/13/10 03:04 PM
Rookie is time-only, Vet isn't.

Besides, I was having the same issue on All-Star for an even longer period of time.

# 342 radio guy @ 05/14/10 03:41 PM
Can someone give me the best possible "difficulty" and "slider" positions that will produce the most competitive games? Rookie for hitting and Veteran for pitching isn't bad. However, the total hits for each team are high. I beat Philadelphia 8 to 5, but the hits were 19 to 16. I'm sure there must be a way to tone down the hits and therefore make the game a little more "Major" league like. I wish I had the time to play 50 games right away to determine it myself, but I'm sure there must be someone who's got down a pretty good game of ball.

# 343 DJ @ 05/15/10 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Rookie is time-only, Vet isn't.

Besides, I was having the same issue on All-Star for an even longer period of time.
Just curious, ehh, what do you have Pitch Speed set at?

I have bad reflexes and in 09 (don't have 10 yet) had the Pitch Speed set to zero and that really helped open up the field for me, while at the same time not being a "cheap" advantage as the CPU would still manage to shut me down.

# 344 TheRunAndShoot @ 05/17/10 01:31 AM
Can someone explain what SCEA gains from not saying what their plans are as far as a 3rd patch? It's getting irritating seeing weeks go by and hearing absolutely nothing from SCEA.

# 345 radio guy @ 05/17/10 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
Can someone explain what SCEA gains from not saying what their plans are as far as a 3rd patch? It's getting irritating seeing weeks go by and hearing absolutely nothing from SCEA.
Bottom Line. You will never see the perfect game produced. If that ever happened, this franchise would be in serious trouble. They would make plenty of sales on the perfect game initially, but then no one would need a new game any more. So, why do a 3rd patch, when all of those changes will be made in 2011. But, of course, I guarantee you something else will suffer. My best guess is that the gameplay will be close to perfect, but then the graphics will suffer. In 2012, vice verse. Honestly, they do it on purpose. Unfortunately, the almighty dollar reigns supreme. Anyway, 2010 is it for now and I'm looking for settings that will make for a more competitive game. I posted a comment above. Any ideas?

# 346 ehh @ 05/17/10 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Just curious, ehh, what do you have Pitch Speed set at?

I have bad reflexes and in 09 (don't have 10 yet) had the Pitch Speed set to zero and that really helped open up the field for me, while at the same time not being a "cheap" advantage as the CPU would still manage to shut me down.
I've tried everything, I have it down at zero right now. I've experimented with so many different sliders and I've given up hope on the hitting system this year. But the hitting in 09 was great, I loved it. The hitting in 10 is similar to 08 and before. So random, I feel like my swing (timing and PCI placement) have little to no impact on the result.

You've gotta see the videos I'll post on homers I with with Tex and Jeter. Just laughable.

# 347 DJ @ 05/17/10 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I've tried everything, I have it down at zero right now. I've experimented with so many different sliders and I've given up hope on the hitting system this year. But the hitting in 09 was great, I loved it. The hitting in 10 is similar to 08 and before. So random, I feel like my swing (timing and PCI placement) have little to no impact on the result.

You've gotta see the videos I'll post on homers I with with Tex and Jeter. Just laughable.
Perhaps it's an issue with the PCI like you mentioned? I've always been a "timing only" guy when it comes to batting in The Show, so I've never used PCI. My reflexes are bad enough as it is, trying to move the PCI cursor would be too much work for me, lol.

# 348 TheRunAndShoot @ 05/18/10 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radio guy
Bottom Line. You will never see the perfect game produced. If that ever happened, this franchise would be in serious trouble. They would make plenty of sales on the perfect game initially, but then no one would need a new game any more. So, why do a 3rd patch, when all of those changes will be made in 2011. But, of course, I guarantee you something else will suffer. My best guess is that the gameplay will be close to perfect, but then the graphics will suffer. In 2012, vice verse. Honestly, they do it on purpose. Unfortunately, the almighty dollar reigns supreme. Anyway, 2010 is it for now and I'm looking for settings that will make for a more competitive game. I posted a comment above. Any ideas?
That doesn't answer my question. I'm not one of those idiots that think a game has to be perfect to be worth $60. My question is why doesn't SCEA comment one way or the other, is there a patch or are they not planning on it? As a guy who plays offline franchise exclusively there are alot of problems that need addressing and I'm not about to be 100 games in and then SCEA announces that there's a 3rd patch.

# 349 radio guy @ 05/18/10 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
That doesn't answer my question. I'm not one of those idiots that think a game has to be perfect to be worth $60. My question is why doesn't SCEA comment one way or the other, is there a patch or are they not planning on it? As a guy who plays offline franchise exclusively there are alot of problems that need addressing and I'm not about to be 100 games in and then SCEA announces that there's a 3rd patch.
I would be surprised if there was another patch. My best guess is that they do not announce anything, because then there would be tremendous negative feedback from all of us as a result. I totally agree that they should announce either yes or no. But, as you can see over the last few pages of this post, not doing anything doesn't lead to any comments. So, I would finish the season, as you are 2/3rd's done anyway. I also play offline exclusively. What settings and difficulties do you use Run and Shoot to make for a very competitve game? I'd appreciate your input, especially since you have played 100 games.

# 350 Chef Matt @ 05/18/10 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radio guy
I would be surprised if there was another patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.