Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 03/18/10 12:49 PM
Just trying to gain Knowlegde:
Man I came in here to read impressions and what I got is a mix of thankyou's and questionable questions with very little impressions.. Can the thread stay true to the topic or is too late.

# 62 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
This is not an impression rather a question. My borther just called me and said he just started DL the patch, said it has 222 minutes remaining. My question is how can I speed up the download time?? anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Not sure about this. I went to Dl 1.06 last night and it said about the same. 196 min or so. This was on my bedroom PS3 connected wirelessly. needless to say I didn't DL it. Although now that's OK with 1.08 out.

Wired though it only took about 15 min.

# 63 countryboy @ 03/18/10 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS REX
Just trying to gain Knowlegde:
Man I came in here to read impressions and what I got is a mix of thankyou's and questionable questions with very little impressions.. Can the thread stay true to the topic or is too late.
can you?

@ Tater

There is an option in the gameplay settings to turn hot/cold zones on much like the strike zone. There may even be an option to set it to fade, but I don't recall.

# 64 fenwaymike @ 03/18/10 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
can you?

@ Tater

There is an option in the gameplay settings to turn hot/cold zones on much like the strike zone. There may even be an option to set it to fade, but I don't recall.
LMAO..classic..wonder if he will get the irony?

# 65 DirtyCobra @ 03/18/10 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
Not sure about this. I went to Dl 1.06 last night and it said about the same. 196 min or so. This was on my bedroom PS3 connected wirelessly. needless to say I didn't DL it. Although now that's OK with 1.08 out.

You just ran an ethernet cable and it DL much quicker???

# 66 mikemulloy @ 03/18/10 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I also saw Boston pick up Smoltz from FA.
Yes, cuz that worked out awesome the last time around lol

# 67 Mike Lowe @ 03/18/10 01:06 PM
Has anyone seen a waiver claim by the AI?

# 68 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
You just ran an ethernet cable and it DL much quicker???
Not exactly. I have two PS3's, one is wired to the router in the Living room and the other one is wireless in the bedroom. The one wired Dl'ed fast, the wireless one..not so much. LOL

# 69 DirtyCobra @ 03/18/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
Not exactly. I have two PS3's, one is wired to the router in the Living room and the other one is wireless in the bedroom. The one wired Dl'ed fast, the wireless one..not so much. LOL
Ok thanks for the info, apprecaited.....I am going try running acable if is is not dl by tonight.....

# 70 callmetaternuts @ 03/18/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
can you?

@ Tater

Right, I have it set to off, but I like to check my hitters on a 2-0 or 3-1 count and "sit" on their hot zones. Usually I hit select to see that, but with the freeze issue at the Trop (I play as the Rays), I have no way to view this, unless someone knows of another way to see this information.

# 71 The Bimmer @ 03/18/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelastbreathnj
Agree with you, but the post you quoted is wrong. It won't freeze if you don't press select.

It only freezes after viewing your bullpen from the quick menu. If you access your bullpen from the quick menu, pause and then unpause the game. You will be able to press select without any issue.

Or, access your bullpen from the Start menu. Again, you're game will not freeze.
If you follow these instructions you will be fine. Its elementary people.

# 72 fenwaymike @ 03/18/10 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
Yes, cuz that worked out awesome the last time around lol
LMAO

# 73 Artman22 @ 03/18/10 01:25 PM
WOW just WOW.. I just downloaded the patch and now my turns black after I load the game. I reset the game and now my ps3 won't read the disk. I barely play my ps3. I only play it sometimes for the show and now it's not reading any disk after this patch. Great just what I needed...

# 74 Snowman1025 @ 03/18/10 01:25 PM
Quote:

Mine is stuck on 28% with 137 minutes (and counting) remaining. Every couple seconds it gets longer!

What the heck?

# 75 ped3328 @ 03/18/10 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse2444

Looks good, but do I have to restart my franchise for the changes to go into effect? I assumed yes, but one of the details of the patch dealt with the batting stances for edit with Longoria and Barmes and those are now available within my franchise. So does that mean the patch fixed everything within the franchise and I don't need to start over?
My question is almost similar as yours except that I have not set a franchise yet. However, I have spent a lot of time editing my rosters and accessories and the likes. Now that patch # 2 has been loaded, do I have to start from srcatch or does the patch goes ''within'' what I have done already? In order words, when I load my updated rosters, which I did prior to loading the patch, will the changes included in that patch go automatically ''into'' my edited version? I would appreciate an experienced gamer to shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.

# 76 DirtyCobra @ 03/18/10 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman1025
Mine is stuck on 28% with 137 minutes (and counting) remaining. Every couple seconds it gets longer!

What the heck?

No kidding.....My brother tells me the patch will be done downloading in 3 weeks.....probably will take 4-5 hrs....

# 77 Mike Lowe @ 03/18/10 01:40 PM
I've simmed to July 18th and have yet to see the AI CLAIM a player from waivers...they place them on but I'm starting to wonder if the AI is simply not programmed to pluck players FROM the waiver wire.

Perhaps this will change it good players ever turn up...

When the game was badly broken before patch 2, were AI teams claiming the stars or were they only being claimed by user teams?

# 78 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/18/10 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I've simmed to July 18th and have yet to see the AI CLAIM a player from waivers...they place them on but I'm starting to wonder if the AI is simply not programmed to pluck players FROM the waiver wire.

Perhaps this will change it good players ever turn up...

When the game was badly broken before patch 2, were AI teams claiming the stars or were they only being claimed by user teams?
They claimed closers, notably R. Soriano and Fuentes. I have even seen Griffey claimed once.

# 79 findinghomer @ 03/18/10 01:44 PM
on the trade waiver fix. Can someone tell me if it was fixed to work properly? Or just fixed as in you can no longer get free players?

# 80 The Iceman @ 03/18/10 01:47 PM
If your using wireless im pretty sure you have to turn a setting off media server connection under network settings to disabled for the slow d/l

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.