Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 seatown27 @ 03/18/10 01:50 PM
i have wireless on my ps3 and i downloaded the patch in like 15 minutes.

# 82 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceman
If your using wireless im pretty sure you have to turn a setting off media server connection under network settings to disabled for the slow d/l
I'l try that. Thanks!

# 83 oldman @ 03/18/10 02:09 PM
I also downloaded wirelessly, it took appx. 22 minutes.

# 84 TrueJayzFan @ 03/18/10 02:22 PM
I don't think you have to restart your Franchise if you don't want to. I noticed before I downloaded patch #2 when I would press select to check the power ratings for my players, most if not all had their Left Power rating down to almost nothing, at first I thought this could be fixed with a roster update but apparently the patch fixed it. So anyways I downloaded the patch and continued my Franchise and I noticed that when I pressed select the power ratings were fixed

So i'm guising that I wont have to start a new Franchise just yet. But I will once Knights rosters come out

# 85 Mike Lowe @ 03/18/10 02:36 PM
So the game still freezes when playing against the Rays? I thought that was fixed?

# 86 Skyboxer @ 03/18/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
So the game still freezes when playing against the Rays? I thought that was fixed?

It is. Don't hit Select.

# 87 roolz @ 03/18/10 02:49 PM
5 minutes here as well (wireless) but I cant play the game yet as the misses has plans for me... not the good kind either

Cant wait to crack on though, its almost like release day all over again!

# 88 Braves Fan @ 03/18/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
AWESOME!

As for the "trades issue"... if having 100% "realistic" accurate trades are for you just set up your franchise to handle it that way. I look at it as my fantasy world... so if something happens that "MIGHT" not happen in real world so be it.
In any case you can set up the franchise to mimic exactly what the rel MLB does so thumbs up SCEA!
Here is my problem with the trade logic. They will have a team trade for a position they don't need. For example in the last sim I did I saw a Lance Berkman for Clayton Kershaw swap. That makes no sense, first of all the Dodgers wouldn't trade Kershaw and 2nd of all what are they going to do with Loney? Sit him on the bench?

That's my #1 issue with trades in this game. I don't have to have them mirror real life. I know they won't but I want them to make sense.

# 89 roolz @ 03/18/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Here is my problem with the trade logic. They will have a team trade for a position they don't need. For example in the last sim I did I saw a Lance Berkman for Clayton Kershaw swap. That makes no sense, first of all the Dodgers wouldn't trade Kershaw and 2nd of all what are they going to do with Loney? Sit him on the bench?

That's my #1 issue with trades in this game. I don't have to have them mirror real life. I know they won't but I want them to make sense.
I can see your point there, the only other aspect that you could 'defend' the AI on with that is; I believe Berkman has a large expiring deal... that way the Dodgers get him for x games this year, then he is off their payroll, where as Kershaw could have a multi year deal that they dont fancy carrying.

Im just speculating, but thats the sort of things I also keep in mind when deals go down.. on the field it might not be ideal, but off it, that could be just what the team wants?

# 90 ComfortablyLomb @ 03/18/10 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Haha, in a test sim, Boston also signed Manny in the off season. Some people are just slow learners.
I saw the Yankees trade AJ Burnett for Hideki Matsui when I was simming. I Lol'd.

# 91 RyanLeaf16 @ 03/18/10 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
I can see your point there, the only other aspect that you could 'defend' the AI on with that is; I believe Berkman has a large expiring deal... that way the Dodgers get him for x games this year, then he is off their payroll, where as Kershaw could have a multi year deal that they dont fancy carrying.

Im just speculating, but thats the sort of things I also keep in mind when deals go down.. on the field it might not be ideal, but off it, that could be just what the team wants?
Kershaw doesn't have a large deal IRL (he isn't even arb-eligible yet). However, the game may have him making significantly more??? May just be an oversight with Kershaw's contract in the game...that certainly wouldn't ruin the game for me though.

# 92 ocho cuatro @ 03/18/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
It is. Don't hit Select.
That sounds way too complicated. Isn't there any easier way?

# 93 Braves Fan @ 03/18/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz

If that's the case the deal would go down like this.

Loney, Kershaw, and a prospect for Berkman. You wouldn't trade for Berkman and keep Loney.

# 94 Skyboxer @ 03/18/10 03:09 PM
Quote:

To make sure trades aren't wacky (and I agree those aren't very "smart" lol ) we can still set franchise up in a way to prevent the dumb trades though right? Conntrol 30 teams then when a "off the wall" trade happens we can go in and correct it...?

I'm sure there may have been games with a bit better trade logic but I don't think we'll ever have a game with perfect trade logic as there's just too much human factor you can't program in.

When we do get that in a game, 12 hours later they will become self aware and it won't matter anyways....

# 95 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/18/10 03:10 PM
Quote:
If that's the case the deal would go down like this.

Loney, Kershaw, and a prospect for Berkman. You wouldn't trade for Berkman and keep Loney.
no you keep loney and when berkmans contract expires you essentially dumped kershaws huge salary to make a splash a different free agent.

# 96 pistolpete @ 03/18/10 03:13 PM
There are some big trades, but it seems a player only gets dealt once and not over and over and over.

# 97 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 03:13 PM
Quote:

When we do get that in a game, 12 hours later they will become self aware and it won't matter anyways....

# 98 jeremym480 @ 03/18/10 03:18 PM
Quote:
To make sure trades aren't wacky (and I agree those aren't very "smart" lol ) we can still set franchise up in a way to prevent the dumb trades though right? Conntrol 30 teams then when a "off the wall" trade happens we can go in and correct it...?

I'm sure there may have been games with a bit better trade logic but I don't think we'll ever have a game with perfect trade logic as there's just too much human factor you can't program in.

This. Since you can basically control any team, at any time.

I'm planning on only controlling "my team". However, if I see something that is out of whack (which I can justify most of the moves) then, I'll consider compensating the team that I feel got cheated. Like in the trade mentioned, I might add Loney with Krenshaw for Berkman (or something similar but first I factor in a the variables- like contact, age. potential, etc). However, with that being said, I don't see myself compensating other team too much.

# 99 Braves Fan @ 03/18/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This. Since you can basically control any team, at any time.

I'm planning on only controlling "my team". However, if I see something that is out of whack (which I can justify most of the moves) then, I'll consider compensating the team that I feel got cheated. Like in the trade mentioned, I might add Loney with Krenshaw for Berkman (or something similar but first I factor in a the variables- like contact, age. potential, etc). However, with that being said, I don't see myself compensating other team too much.
That's not a bad idea, teams don't usually trade with each other until June at the earliest though so you could keep it on manual until then. I think you are going to notice a lot of trades start to pop up in May. I think that's a bit unrealistic, teams don't start trading that early.

I've got a question, I have instant trades off and since I've already started my franchise there is no way for me to fix it. If I want to go fix a trade I have to wait two days right? I can't just go fix a trade the same day can I?

# 100 JayD @ 03/18/10 03:30 PM
Does the computer claim players off waivers? I saw a post a few pages back that he has seen zero claims by the cpu. Also are players called up and sent down by their performance or is it still just due to injuries?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.