Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

A little news is good news, right? It seems the Madden team will be scanning almost every NFL coach over the weekend and we should see them in Madden NFL 11.

Quote from the Madden NFL Art Director, Michael Young.

Quote:
"The Madden art team is scanning almost every coach in the NFL this weekend. Will be awesome upgrade for the game."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 splff3000 @ 03/22/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I honestly consider myself to be pretty patient when it comes to Madden information on a yearly basis. But even I'm getting restless in a sense. And it's not because it's late in the year or anything -- it's only March for what it's worth.

However, it feels like we've gone from 0-60mph, back down to 0 as far as Madden information. In lamer terms, we typically didn't get information until the draft; then we were spoiled with information and early blogs last year. Now it seems we're back to April-ish with any sustainable Madden information.

What we're witnessing now is the aftermath of the failure of constant community interaction last year.
I agree 100%. There are so many things going on now that have me wondering about Madden 11. I just want one piece of real info. I'm also a little unnerved by the fact that they had enough info to put out a blog just about every week leading up to Madden 10, but now it's almost April and we still haven't gotten any real info. As I said before, it makes me wonder about Madden 11.

# 62 ausar72 @ 03/22/10 04:59 PM
Would be cool if they had assistants as well, as part of the presentation.

So we get a look at all of the guys we hire and fire during the offseason, in game, calling plays and coaching their respective groups.

# 63 cdpig @ 03/22/10 06:20 PM
any extra realism that doesn't take away from other more important areas is gravy on top to me.

# 64 DJS3300 @ 03/23/10 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
Would be cool if they had assistants as well, as part of the presentation.

So we get a look at all of the guys we hire and fire during the offseason, in game, calling plays and coaching their respective groups.
About a month ago a member of OS posted a thread that may have leaked information about presentation. He said that he worked with voiceover talent who were doing the coaches voices for Madden 11. I am pretty sure the guy wasnt lying, the assistant coaches and all the other ones scanned will most likely be used presentation wise.

# 65 dougdeuce @ 03/23/10 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Very true.

But the community (some individuals, anyway) are more than worth their share of the blame.
Amen Brother. I've almost stopped posting here because this place feels like a playground sometimes. I don't understand what scanning the coaches has to do with gameplay... It's a nice addition in my estimation, but the gameplay hounds are at it again.

Why must we complain about everything? Or, why must WE over-hype things? Insert one of last April's many "Ian is god" threads here...

# 66 ComfortablyLomb @ 03/23/10 03:00 PM
This is horrible news. EA never does these things subtly so we're going to end up seeing these wonderful new scans several dozen times a game. They may have an art director but they don't have a taste director.

# 67 CYST2000 @ 03/23/10 03:03 PM
How many hours will it take to scan Rex Ryan?

# 68 Jukeman @ 03/23/10 03:04 PM
Can they scan the brains of these coaches so we can actually see football on the feild?

# 69 kwpit79 @ 03/23/10 03:14 PM
Hopefully we'll be able to ascertain their coaching rating this year to go along with their scanned faces. I couldn't figure out how good my coaches were in last year's madden when I was in the hiring stage of offseason.

# 70 Jukeman @ 03/23/10 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Can they scan the brains of these coaches so we can actually see football on the feild?
This..

Is a real question BTW...It didnt say what was being scanned...

# 71 Azcardinal32 @ 03/23/10 03:30 PM
Throughout this entire thread I have seen ONE person ask a good question and everybody ignores it so they can complain... Does every coach mean position coaches as well? Because if so that may mean this isnt some presentation gimmick.. Think Head Coach 09

# 72 ComfortablyLomb @ 03/23/10 03:50 PM
Quote:
*awkward silence*

*coughing*

*more awkward silence*

# 73 splff3000 @ 03/23/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Throughout this entire thread I have seen ONE person ask a good question and everybody ignores it so they can complain... Does every coach mean position coaches as well? Because if so that may mean this isnt some presentation gimmick.. Think Head Coach 09
What do you want them to do? They can't answer the question. There ain't no devs in here. Do you want more people to ask the same question? I mean what do you want people to do?

# 74 Azcardinal32 @ 03/23/10 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
What do you want them to do? They can't answer the question. There ain't no devs in here. Do you want more people to ask the same question? I mean what do you want people to do?
not complain and not automatically assume it will be horrible...

# 75 roadman @ 03/24/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
so by scanning coaches, thats gonna help with the overall gameplay issues we have had for years and years and...?

If so thats weird, but good i guess.

If not...Why are you wasting time with this stuff if it doesnt improve gameplay?

Priorities? where the heck are they?
There is a game play dept., a franchise dept., a art dept., online dept., animation dept., etc.....

# 76 Jukeman @ 03/24/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There is a game play dept., a franchise dept., a art dept., online dept., animation dept., etc.....
True, but with how things have been in the past..

You would think they would under promise and over deliver...

Yea it was a lil tweet but still..

The point is, some people are tired of hearing about stuff that doesnt matter...

Why not a small tweet about how they would (if they are) revamp the play books??? Both subjects are equally important to both type of gamers(realistic looking coaches doesn't matter to gameplay heads as it does to graphic heads and vise versa)

In another tweet, it was mentioned that they were going to be talking to some NFL coaches...Yet, they decide to release info on scanning coaches...Was the conversation with the coaches an interview or was it about play books and strategies for gameplay??

I don't want it to seem like impatient or bashing anything, I'm just currently walking in the shoes of the people who says "same thing every year" as I wait for Sept so those guys can get proved wrong....Or not...

# 77 roadman @ 03/24/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
True, but with how things have been in the past..

You would think they would under promise and over deliver...

Yea it was a lil tweet but still..

The point is, some people are tired of hearing about stuff that doesnt matter...

Why not a small tweet about how they would (if they are) revamp the play books??? Both subjects are equally important to both type of gamers(realistic looking coaches doesn't matter to gameplay heads as it does to graphic heads and vise versa)

In another tweet, it was mentioned that they were going to be talking to some NFL coaches...Yet, they decide to release info on scanning coaches...Was the conversation with the coaches an interview or was it about play books and strategies for gameplay??

I don't want it to seem like impatient or bashing anything, I'm just currently walking in the shoes of the people who says "same thing every year" as I wait for Sept so those guys can get proved wrong....Or not...
Oh I hear you, I'm taking a more laid back approach with the news you can use this year.

I'll slowly take it in and wait.

The person that tweeted they are talking to NFL coaches I'm assuming will be gathering information on the strengths and weaknesses of their teams.

The scanning of head coaches might not matter to a lot of people, but to other people it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Since this was tweeted by the Art Director, I'm sure it means a lot to him.

We can all process information and know what is good for each of us and what we can throw away.

Some info will be better than others during tweeting and blogging, other info won't mean anything to each of us.

# 78 Pared @ 03/24/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I bet they put that as a marketable feature on the back of the box.
I doubt I'll get the reply I'm looking for, but here it goes anyway:

Who cares? What does EA putting anything on the back of the box seriously matter in the grand scheme of things?

Does it make or break the game? They could still put out the game they will anyway, but have people become so jaded that they have to resort to this as a slight?

Would you feel better if the game said on the back of the box, "now with 150% more real football!" when the game didn't play that way?

Grief... half the comments made here don't even make any sense at this point. "Bet it's a bullet point on the list of things they improved this year... when it should have been there for years!"

# 79 Bgamer90 @ 03/24/10 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

Grief... half the comments made here don't even make any sense at this point. "Bet it's a bullet point on the list of things they improved this year... when it should have been there for years!"

EXACTLY.

# 80 oneamongthefence @ 04/18/10 11:59 PM
Wonder if thIs has been expanded on?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.