Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 FlyingFinn @ 03/23/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZell20
Nice interview. Looks like the customization is very deep.

# 2 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/23/10 03:49 PM
I'm not going to lie. I just got really interested in this game. The game looks pretty nice in real time motion and not cut up vids that they've shown before.

Football may have just changed for the better in 2010. Let's see what happens.

# 3 shadthedad @ 03/23/10 05:03 PM
Why didn't they use this guy to hype the game before? I'm seriously interested now. I especially like the part where he mentions that the action will be in 3rd person, to force you to react how you would in real time-if you were out on the grid iron. Don't get me wrong, I love Madden, but I'm liking what Backbreaker could bring to the table. It kind of reminds me of Baseball Allstars (NES)

# 4 AlphaTrojan @ 03/23/10 05:13 PM
I was already going to buy this game but the video cemented that decision. I can't wait till the release date.

# 5 kjcheezhead @ 03/23/10 05:14 PM
Yeah, Rob does a great job of getting me excited for this game everytime he talks about it.

Anyone see the gameplay at 5:10? The rb had just gotten drilled on a goalline play, he tried to get up and a defender knocked his *** back down. Need a taunting penalty on that one, lol.

# 6 SouthernBrick @ 03/23/10 05:22 PM
I liked that what he said, It becomes a game of instinct and Its not about looking at a bunch of different angles and trying to work everything out. Your not playing chess your playing football.

At 9:00 in the vid does that look like a some kinda pro tak moment or is that blocking? It looks like 3 defenders and one ball carrier IMO but, I can't really tell.

# 7 CreatineKasey @ 03/23/10 05:23 PM
Check the blindside hit at 8:33! THAT's what I wanted to see! Yeah.. the OL is messed on the play but it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see how that camera looks when a blind side hit happens. It looks phenomenal!

I'm getting excited!

# 8 bonannogiovanni @ 03/23/10 05:26 PM
Is this the first time they've shown us kick plays? Kicking looked right stick driven, which is a good thing, but I didn't get how it works exactly, do you?

# 9 kennyacid @ 03/23/10 05:30 PM
Looks great, cant wait. I wonder if they gonna do basketball...that would be interesting

# 10 Valdarez @ 03/23/10 05:30 PM
He keeps mentioning 3rd person, but I can't recall a 3rd person game that set the camera that close to the player. They either need to go all out with a FPS view or pull the camera up just a little. Saying the game isn't chess wasn't the best marketing lingo to use either, though I get what he was striving for which was 'action'.

# 11 LingeringRegime @ 03/23/10 05:39 PM
Great video. Man, I haven't been this excited for a sports game since APF 2K8.

# 12 gr18 @ 03/23/10 05:47 PM
If this game is good I'll be doing the rosters for sure.

# 13 CreatineKasey @ 03/23/10 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
He keeps mentioning 3rd person, but I can't recall a 3rd person game that set the camera that close to the player. They either need to go all out with a FPS view or pull the camera up just a little. Saying the game isn't chess wasn't the best marketing lingo to use either, though I get what he was striving for which was 'action'.
I thought the same thing. I was like "wait... I use the 'chess match' example all the time as to what I enjoy most!". You know, I'm okay with a guy putting out another take at a football game. I'm looking forward to the new camera angle. The "God view" gives us Armchair QB's (shoutout to the ACQB league! lol) too easy of a time, especially if they are going to be forgiving about not having to set our feet and such. The restrictions are welcomed by me.

I do get a little worried about the talk about wanting children to pick up and play easily. I hate losing to 12 year olds in video games lol. I know I did in Madden and FPS. Depressing.

# 14 jdr4693 @ 03/23/10 06:44 PM
Ok, I have to have this game. Now! Period.

# 15 LeonM @ 03/23/10 07:49 PM
Love the new video and interview. A must see for sure.

The biggest selling point for me which is brought up significantly in this 9 minute video besides the cool gameplay in the background is total customization.

It is spelled out for everyone. You can re-create any team from any league. The editing tool is so deep that there are no limits to what you can create as the user.

You can create the entire NFL if you want. There are two seperate franchise modes. In one of them, You can have a 32 team league with all of your created teams.

# 16 stlstudios189 @ 03/23/10 08:11 PM
hype meter just went to code red.

# 17 J-Unit40 @ 03/23/10 08:16 PM
Sold! I am getting this game Day One. No doubt about it. This video just tripled my level of excitement for this game.

The customization will be outstanding. The gameplay will be so unique and innovative. I am pumped up!

Player vs. Player on-line will be a blast with friends and OSers. Now which system to get it for....hmmm. I'm leaning towards 360.

# 18 t11 @ 03/23/10 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Sold! I am getting this game Day One. No doubt about it.

The customization will be outstanding. The gameplay will be so unique and innovative. I am pumped up!

Player vs. Player on-line will be a blast. Now which system to get it for....
BOTH! lol. I would go 360 if you like online. More people.

# 19 mm boost @ 03/23/10 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Yeah, Rob does a great job of getting me excited for this game everytime he talks about it.

Anyone see the gameplay at 5:10? The rb had just gotten drilled on a goalline play, he tried to get up and a defender knocked his *** back down. Need a taunting penalty on that one, lol.
I saw this too and was about to post on it...that running back got jacked the hell up! That linebacker brought the wood...that was impressive! With the game playing in the background, it looks like an actual tv broadcast...I am excited to play this game. I am definitely buying it now.

# 20 mm boost @ 03/23/10 08:58 PM
oh and did anyone see at 6:00, after the td and field goal...did you see the celebration on the sidelines and the crowd jumping up and down in excitement? my god that is a thing of beauty!!!!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.