Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 61 blackscorpion11 @ 03/25/10 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadthedad
Honestly, everyone should get both Madden and Backbreaker. I prefer the chess match of Madden, but can appreciate the 3rd person perspective of Backbreaker as well as the customization. Also, in my opinion every gamer should purchase the Tecmo Bowl download. Money talks and the NFL listens when dinero's involved
Why? i hardly considered madden 10 a chess match..more like a cheesefest... This game's perspective makes it very hard for cheeser's to thrive.. time will tell if the camera mode will catch on.

I dodnt think he said anything new, just showed better video footage.

# 62 blackscorpion11 @ 03/25/10 12:02 AM
[quote=turftickler;2040889882]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I have already paid for BB in full months ago. But it is good to see that the info is starting to come out. I think Madden needs to be some what worried.

Not because I think BB will beat Madden in areas like franchise, or options, etc. But I think the gameplay tech is the future. I can see people picking it up and seeing true weight and momentum matter and having a hard time going back to canned animations.

That is my current fear. I like Madden 10 and think it is a good game. But I also see BB as the future of sports gaming. I can see it already, that this NM physics system being so revolutionizing that I can't pick up Madden with its canned system anymore.[/quote]

That seems to be the plan phobia. It looks like a great plan to me. If Backbreaker is as great as it looks and feels as good as we think it will feel, then I can see all sports games developers going the route of natural physics in their games.
good point, any game with physics tops EA's efforts

# 63 SouthernBrick @ 03/25/10 12:31 AM
When your actually ON the gridiron as a player your not playing chess. Your playing a contact sport that has to do with athleticism, instinct, and talent. The "chess game" so many people are referring to is played between the coaches that call the plays. Your still picking the plays as If you were the coach and playing the game as If you are the player so It can still be a chess match.

I have a feeling playbooks won't be very deep anyway(would be surprised If they were) but, I think It'll be less of a chess match but, a chess match none the less.

# 64 Methlab @ 03/25/10 10:34 AM
I am REALLY excited about how they metioned that the crowd reacts during the play, and is designed to react with you. That is amazing, and is what I have been asking EA for for years now. I have a feeling, if it is done right, that there will be an atmosphere to the game that we have not experienced before. To me, that is very important. Example : Battlefield Bad Company..this is a game with incredible atmosphere that makes you feel like you are there.

I am hoping BB pulls it off, but the way it is described really sounds like they will.

# 65 mm boost @ 03/25/10 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
no, I think that might have been the final play or something and they were just celebrating... i really doubt their first football game will have sideline personal or refs, just because of the extra time and effort it would take to have them react realistically to sideline tackles and other stuff with euphoria.

I think they just wanted to have this game run smooth as possible with the regular gameplay first and foremost for their first release.... 11vs11.... and in the future or maybe this year after an patch update...they can add sideline personal, when their engine can handle the extra players on the sidelines.

I believe that is the main reasons they have the sidelines scaled realistically in the first place...it is to easily add new stuff to the graphics engine over time as they tweak it, so it can still run smooth.
REGARDLESS, my statement is still true...they was heading TOWARDS the sidelines, and they were celebrating and jumping up on each other while the crowd was in the background going nuts...not every comment someone makes has to be dissected. They were technically standing right at the sidelines, hence the sidelines comment.

# 66 computerlover @ 03/25/10 05:33 PM
hmmm.. I wanted to see if you can import pics and logos.. but this is actually a brilliant play by Naturalmotion and 505!! EA and the NFL have no lawsuit if the game doesnt allow you to IMPORT logos, but have "poetic license" to re-create them!! whatever the fan does with the product is fine, they do not allow you to violate copyright by creating the logo from scratch! they dont make it easy.. but not impossible to do! colors and not copyrighted, cities either.. but if i create the ravens logo, legally its not 505's fault! lol!

# 67 Blzer @ 03/25/10 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlover
hmmm.. I wanted to see if you can import pics and logos.. but this is actually a brilliant play by Naturalmotion and 505!! EA and the NFL have no lawsuit if the game doesnt allow you to IMPORT logos, but have "poetic license" to re-create them!! whatever the fan does with the product is fine, they do not allow you to violate copyright by creating the logo from scratch! they dont make it easy.. but not impossible to do! colors and not copyrighted, cities either.. but if i create the ravens logo, legally its not 505's fault! lol!
I suppose as long as they don't promote it, it's okay.

"It's not about what you know, it's about what you can prove in court."

# 68 p_rushing @ 03/26/10 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I suppose as long as they don't promote it, it's okay.

"It's not about what you know, it's about what you can prove in court."
They have come close to saying you can create the NFL, but have so far caught themselves and said pro teams from around the around.

# 69 nuttyrich @ 03/26/10 03:52 AM
Not knocking this game but I feel this will feel more like CFL (Canadian Football than NFL type).

The passing doesn't look pro style, and we know the running like in the cfl is not used that often.

This game will offer something completely different which is needed. I look forward to this game and hope we can start seeing some videos where people are playing on the higher level where you don't see the glowing receivers running backs etc etc..

I know they threw that mode in there to get people used to the game then ante up to the next level which takes out most of the stuff.. and I know it can be "turned off". I believe it's meant to get people used to the new Camera angle.

We know one thing, you will either love or hate the camera angle, and since there is NO other one... this will be the deciding factor on the games success. Can they pull off the new Camera angle? I hope so, we need a refreshing title!

# 70 Methlab @ 03/26/10 11:40 AM
I think it is pretty obvious from reading reviews and seeing gameplay, that the camera angle is going to deliver.

# 71 CreatineKasey @ 03/26/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I think it is pretty obvious from reading reviews and seeing gameplay, that the camera angle is going to deliver.
I think it will too. I just clearly remember how much more intense APF felt at a slightly closer view. Once we get right down in the action it should be pretty wild.

I like the thought that you and your opponent won't actually have a complete view of the field. So, there's a chance that your opponent misses a read or blows coverage. It should be a lot more chaotic, and mistakes will stem from that.

My guess is early on that blitzing, aggressive defense will be king in this game given the new view.

# 72 Phobia @ 03/26/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I think it will too. I just clearly remember how much more intense APF felt at a slightly closer view. Once we get right down in the action it should be pretty wild.

I like the thought that you and your opponent won't actually have a complete view of the field. So, there's a chance that your opponent misses a read or blows coverage. It should be a lot more chaotic, and mistakes will stem from that.

My guess is early on that blitzing, aggressive defense will be king in this game given the new view.
I think the tackles are flat out amazing looking. But honestly I am 200% more excited about the view. So many good things will come out of it. Much more realistic view point. No more god like view

# 73 sb24 @ 03/26/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
When your actually ON the gridiron as a player your not playing chess. Your playing a contact sport that has to do with athleticism, instinct, and talent. The "chess game" so many people are referring to is played between the coaches that call the plays. Your still picking the plays as If you were the coach and playing the game as If you are the player so It can still be a chess match.

I have a feeling playbooks won't be very deep anyway(would be surprised If they were) but, I think It'll be less of a chess match but, a chess match none the less.
I agree with this whole post.

I also agree with CK and Phobia that the camera angle will be alot of fun.

# 74 JayBee74 @ 03/26/10 02:25 PM
[quote=metallicatz;2040891540]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11

Hardly. A physics engine has nothing to do with AI. Physics-based tackles might be fun to look at....but AI is what makes a sports game go.
So why is Madden successful?

# 75 mr_president @ 03/26/10 05:32 PM
[quote=JayBee74;2040896115]
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
So why is Madden successful?

# 76 canes21 @ 03/26/10 07:21 PM
The ground can't cause a fumble, so did they rule it a sack or a sack and fumble?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.