Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. Jean Adams, the Art Director talks about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting.

Quote:
"Without getting too much into the art/technical details, we wanted to talk about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting. This lighting technique allows us to more accurately control the material properties of everything that makes up the player. To put it in basic terms, we now have control over how bright or dark things get without losing detail. It also helps us get the authentic color on the uniforms.

Linear lighting also allows us to tune helmets, jerseys, and other player gear in a much more realistic way. For example; you’ll notice the skin looks more lifelike and less like plastic. Helmets and jerseys reflect the right amount of light. Colors are less saturated and react to lighting in a more realistic way. You might remember looking at previous versions of NCAA Football and feeling like things were too saturated and flat. We think we’ve addressed these issues thanks to this new level of control."

NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Bruce Wayne Jr @ 03/26/10 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
It just comes down to that fact that if the gameplay sucks the equipment wont matter cuz I wont be playing anymore.
again i'm withca but how is this a new revelation?

# 102 da ThRONe @ 03/26/10 12:13 PM
I understand with Bruce Wayne is saying. But Im going to worry about gameplay until they give me a reason not to. Last year there was never a point where I said Im satisfied with what they did. So the only reason I have a little faith this year is because of the mysterious "Roy"'s mission statement which I was pleading for last year.

Just based on last year similar comments like "You guys are going to love this" or "We know Madden did this. No we didnt but we did this we think its better for our game."

While I am on the Madden subject. Is the "Catching Debugging" thing in NCAA? Does anybody know?

# 103 SageInfinite @ 03/26/10 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I understand with Bruce Wayne is saying. But Im going to worry about gameplay until they give me a reason not to. Last year there was never a point where I said Im satisfied with what they did. So the only reason I have a little faith this year is because of the mysterious "Roy"'s mission statement which I was pleading for last year.

Just based on last year similar comments like "You guys are going to love this" or "We know Madden did this. No we didnt but we did this we think its better for our game."

While I am on the Madden subject. Is the "Catching Debugging" thing in NCAA? Does anybody know?
It needs to be. I will never understand these 2 teams man. They need to work on these games side by side to make them better. Then tweak the gameplay for each level of the sport. One should not have technology that the other doesn't. I will never understand that.

# 104 mjussawalla @ 03/26/10 12:40 PM
Is it just me or does the crowd look slightly better - it seems that the fans are more lifelike.

# 105 rudyjuly2 @ 03/26/10 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I don't want whack gameplay camera's that move strangely like a rocking sail boat and make no sense (NCAA 10).
Co-sign. I have to quote anything that bashes the NCAA 10 camera.

# 106 seasprite @ 03/26/10 01:25 PM
The new screen shots do look nice, but I do hope a lot of the bugs and gameplay issues get fixed as well. At this point, I am at a "wait and see" type of mood.

# 107 cowboy_kmoney @ 03/26/10 02:12 PM
Cant wait Cant wait......

# 108 jsquigg @ 03/26/10 02:14 PM
Meh. It's going to take more than that to undo years of ineptness.

# 109 noplace @ 03/26/10 04:07 PM
I agree. Graphics and equipment is a nice addition but shouldn't be an issue anyway on this current gen. Step the gameplay up and I'll be impressed.

# 110 Bruce Wayne Jr @ 03/26/10 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I agree. Graphics and equipment is a nice addition but shouldn't be an issue anyway on this current gen. Step the gameplay up and I'll be impressed.
No need for gameplay improvements NCAA is fine as is.

# 111 mgoblue678 @ 03/26/10 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr
No need for gameplay improvements NCAA is fine as is.

I honestly don't even know if your serious with that statement. The game doesn't even have the fundamentals right like proper momentum and a good o-line vs d-line interaction, but yet according to you no game play improvements need to made.

In many areas the gameplay of NCAA 10 was almost a complete failure. NCAA has a ton of room for improvement in the gameplay department.

Like I said hopefully they made those changes but until/if they announce those I will still worry about the gameplay.

# 112 cowboy_kmoney @ 03/26/10 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I honestly don't even know if your serious with that statement. The game doesn't even if have the fundamentals right like proper momentum and a good o-line vs d-line interaction, but yet according to you no game play improvements need to made.

In many areas the gameplay of NCAA 10 was almost a complete failure. NCAA has a ton of room for improvement in the gameplay department.

Like I said hopefully they made those changes but until/if they announce those I will still worry about the gameplay.
So true So true...

# 113 Watson @ 03/26/10 08:40 PM
another thread turned into a ZOMG GUIZE GAMEPLAY IS BROKEN bitch convention.

Seriously guys, it's March. What are you going to do when April comes around and no news of gameplay is released? Patience is a virtue.

# 114 UATide @ 03/26/10 08:56 PM
Tell me about it. This is sad, disappointing, and embarassing.

# 115 noplace @ 03/26/10 09:37 PM
Embarrassing? Disappointing? Wow! Don't let it get to U like that.. EA has been consistent in letting the people down.

# 116 stoncold32 @ 03/26/10 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Is it just me or does the crowd look slightly better - it seems that the fans are more lifelike.
Well the fans were muddy, dingy, and washed out looking. So I think this new lighting should help that.

Maybe this will finally give us decent lighting for the dusk games. I dont get why they just dont look at the Ps2 versions.

Dont get it twisted though, I'm still waiting on the meat & potatoes before saying I'll buy this game

# 117 MHammer113 @ 03/26/10 10:37 PM
What I am really hoping for this year is some progressive lighting during the games that is a little more accurate.

# 118 mgoblue678 @ 03/27/10 02:24 AM
Nobody is saying the gameplay stuff needs to be released right now. All people are saying, myself included is we are going to wait and see what the gameplay info actually is before getting overly excited about the screenshots. No idea why people seem to be getting so bent out of shape about that. To me a wait and see approach seems pretty logical given the quality of the product the last couple of years.

Just because they said game play stuff is to come doesn't mean it is for sure the things that the majority of us were asking for. I also remember the same things being said last year, telling us the gameplay changes were really going to make a lot of people happy, but in the end most of gameplay changes that people wanted weren't made and the ones that were didn't turn out to be that significant.

# 119 rudyjuly2 @ 03/27/10 12:17 PM
It simply makes more sense from a marketing perspective to hand out the smaller nuggets of info first and then release the more impressive details as they get closer to release. Besides, no matter what they say, it won't change people's perceptions about how NCAA 11 will be until they actually get their hands on the demo and then the game.

# 120 da ThRONe @ 03/27/10 01:33 PM
Looking at 10 and 11 screenshots again and the thing Im most impressed with in 11 is the improved Player Models. They are so much more life like this year. Hopefully this means that they are going move more realistic this year as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.