Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the screenshot comparison of Philip Rivers in Madden NFL 11 and Madden NFL 10. Huge upgrade? Slight upgrade? What are your thoughts?

Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Only1LT @ 03/31/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
Nobody ever seems to get this.

There are 22 players on the field at all times in football. There's only 10 in baseball (if we're not counting the refs/umpires, the guy on deck, and the 1st/3rd base coach). Rendering 22 players in high resolution takes up more resources than 10 players. That's part of why SCEA is capable of putting out a beautiful game year in and year out. They have the extra space to work with, unlike Madden.

Ever notice the dull sidelines in Madden? That's because almost all of the resources are poured onto the field, giving Madden a great graphical look. If you've played APF, you can see the hit graphics take when rendering more than 22 interactive player models at one time. APF has interactive sidelines, which is awesome. But the graphics are far from stellar. In a thread a long time ago, I recall Ian posing a question to the community asking if they'd be willing to give up a little on graphics, to gain in other areas. I will attempt to find the thread for you guys.
*Found the post -
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039288579 *

If EA wasn't going to be put at risk by consumers for losing graphical value in Madden, then they would be able to do a lot more with the game.
I understand your point but to compare APF is totally unfair. The game was a budget title that did not have all of the resources allotted to it that it would have had if it were an NFL Licensed game. They knew that the market for the type of game that they were allowed to make would not be anywhere near as large as their NFL 2k market.

Second, that game came out 3yrs ago. You are basically talking about a launch title. There is no telling what they could do if they actually tried to make a game that could compete with Madden on even terms. Especially considering that a lot of their time on the first game was spent on making a next gen engine. Just look at the difference between Madden 06 and Madden 10 or 11 even.

Come on now.

# 62 boltsfan92 @ 04/04/10 05:07 PM
maybe Madden needs to work omore on NFL jerseys on the look thats not even close to how the real Chargers jersey looks the real one need to have a white collar

# 63 BisonPride @ 04/06/10 10:02 AM
If you look closely at the helmet you will in the 10 pic four banks of stadium lights meaning that the pic was from a night game. The pic from 11 is in sunlight. ITS GOING TO BE BETTER LIGHTING! I think the comparison with Rivers is much more accurate.

# 64 FunNgun034 @ 04/07/10 09:45 AM
how about gameplay and actual pass rush... and good offensive line play... who gives a $%#@@ about how good a player looks .. iI dont zoom in on faces and look at graphics it will always be about the gameplay.

# 65 TreFacTor @ 04/07/10 03:09 PM
Definitely looks crisper, but my concerns are the bugs and glitches that plague the game each year. What about the physics, the missing elements of actual NFL football, blocking, cheating AI, morphing / sliding players, the 360 arm swing, those things concern me more than the graphics. Only time will tell.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.