Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/29/10 10:23 AM
There's some really good stuff in that second video. Glad to see the step punch toned down. Game looks really fluid.

# 2 jb12780 @ 03/29/10 10:51 AM
The clinch work looked really good.

# 3 allBthere @ 03/29/10 12:13 PM
I lived vid 4 showing hardy doing full plum knee's to the head/upper torso in quick succession instead of always tying them to a muay thai whip

# 4 p_rushing @ 03/29/10 01:19 PM
Looks good, but the game will get stale again on the ground. They rely on motion capture, so the same thing gets repeated over and over again from ground positions. I'd like to see something where say you are in open guard and want to try to kick them off. Well you aren't going to do the same thing every single time and them block it the same way each time. Say you are a little quicker than they are blocking, well you wouldn't get them totally off you, but you could push them back. Then you have a better position. Instead if you don't succeed, you go back to the same position you were before.

# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/29/10 01:36 PM
Awesome

# 6 allBthere @ 03/29/10 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Looks good, but the game will get stale again on the ground. They rely on motion capture, so the same thing gets repeated over and over again from ground positions. I'd like to see something where say you are in open guard and want to try to kick them off. Well you aren't going to do the same thing every single time and them block it the same way each time. Say you are a little quicker than they are blocking, well you wouldn't get them totally off you, but you could push them back. Then you have a better position. Instead if you don't succeed, you go back to the same position you were before.
to me the biggest problem on the ground is that you click the right stick and bam, you're attempting a submission. So say half guard down is arm-bar for arguments sake, you will be in the correct position attempting an arm-bar. There is no submission blocking it just happens no matter what.

Still no confirmation on the effect of leg kicks, and I hope they got rid of throw/slam counters being practically auto submissions. The other thing i noticed is scale is still slightly off. McSweeney or whatever's head is twice the size of Mir's and he looks like a giant, as do the refs.

I expect flaws, most of those aren't that bad, but I just hope I can get out of submissions and that leg kicks will have an impact. I hope the throw reverse thing is gone too.

# 7 Bifflog @ 03/29/10 02:49 PM
Leg kicks cause fighters to slow down, decreases leg strike power and takedown ability, increases the likely hood of being taken down, and can cause injury stoppage. This is gleaned from hands on at the premier, and developer updates on the Undisputed website.

# 8 Stumbleweed @ 03/29/10 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifflog
Leg kicks cause fighters to slow down, decreases leg strike power and takedown ability, increases the likely hood of being taken down, and can cause injury stoppage. This is gleaned from hands on at the premier, and developer updates on the Undisputed website.
Seems like you had a chance with the game... Did you notice the ratings mattering more this year? My biggest issue was how people could use Brock and still reverse you like crazy on the ground even when you were Noguiera or some other BJJ badass.

# 9 Bad_Intentions @ 03/29/10 06:31 PM
Looks really good, however I still don't like they have that if you knock a guy down that is "rocked" he lays there as if he is dead and you can just wallop him 8 or 9 times before a ref stoppage. That is so stupid, any fight would be called as soon as a guy fell down like that.

They should make it to where if you get knocked down in that state, depending on your fighter, you can make one last ditch effort to wrap up the guy on top or get him in gaurd. If there is not enough stamina or depending on how bad he is hurt while attempting guard or whatever then the guy on top should be able to pound you out. Just see the Shad vs Forrest fight, or how about Dos Santos vs Gonzaga, or plenty of other fights ended in the same fashion. This would make the TKO feel more gratifying IMO.

# 10 BlueNGold @ 03/29/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Looks really good, however I still don't like they have that if you knock a guy down that is "rocked" he lays there as if he is dead and you can just wallop him 8 or 9 times before a ref stoppage. That is so stupid, any fight would be called as soon as a guy fell down like that.
Not exactly. You see that alot in matches where a guy rocks his opponent and starts reigning down shots to finish the fight.

# 11 mikenoob @ 03/29/10 07:22 PM
I just love the fact that the overall game is sped up and also you can actually throw punches back while they are hitting you. It was quite annoying not being able to do anything until you actually grabbed one of their strikes.

# 12 BlueNGold @ 03/29/10 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I just love the fact that the overall game is sped up and also you can actually throw punches back while they are hitting you. It was quite annoying not being able to do anything until you actually grabbed one of their strikes.
I don't know but to me it almost seems too fast. I do like that everything moves and looks more fluid now but it seems like the fights are going at an unrealistic pace.

# 13 Bad_Intentions @ 03/30/10 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Not exactly. You see that alot in matches where a guy rocks his opponent and starts reigning down shots to finish the fight.
I know, but the way it looks in the game the guy is laying on the ground unconscious. If a guy collapsed like that in a real fight the ref would call it right then, not wait until the other fighter lands 8 or 9 clean punches on him while he is down and passed out.

I know it's a video game so i'm not really complaining about the number of punches landed before stoppage, I just feel they could have some better animation or mechanic for a "rocked" fighter on the ground, rather than just laying there passed out. At least make the guy try to throw his legs or arms up in a wild attempt to pull guard while getting pounded out. That would look so much more realistic.

I also hope to see more variations of a guy getting knocked out. It would be cool to have guys still trying to fight but taking way too much damage so the ref has to call it. In this case the losing fighter wouldn't be 100% unconscious but still get knocked out none the less. Kinda like a standing TKO, but could happen on the ground to.

I also agree that i'm not seeing varying hand speed between fighters. For instance in Fight Night 4, you can immediately tell the hand speed difference between a guy like manny pacquiao and other slower fighters like ricky hatton. This should be the same in undisputed.

All in all though game looks pretty good and can't wait to play it.

# 14 Jukeman @ 03/30/10 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfnblaze
The ref is still way too fast at stopping the fight and letting the guy on the floor get up

IMO, thats a good thing..

Last year, the ground game got boring when all we did was hold the block trans button a give body shots...

# 15 Phillmattic @ 03/30/10 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
They just need to make stats matter. Guys like Fitch should be able to hold most guys down and just pound on them; whereas less skilled wrestlers should have problems holding guys down.

That's just a strategy for some fighters, and I don't really see a problem with guys doing it, so long as it's realistic. If I get taken down by Lesnar, I would expect to not get up for the rest of the round unless he pretty much left a huge hold or got up. On the other hand, being able to hold mount on say Nog with Kongo is ridiculous; and being able to get to mount in just 2 moves is even more ridiculous.

I think the ground transitioning system is just completely flawed and needs to be entirely redesigned. I doubt it ever will be, though.
There needs to be some struggle when transitioning. In the game you either transition or your transition is blocked. There needs to be a system where you can attempt to transition even when the transition is blocked to, say use the shine technique, to work out of a transition block. Fighters with high ground stats could work out of a transition block more easily, especially against an opponent with weak ground skills. Also, say you execute a clean unblocked transition, well the player executing the transition should gain an advantage executing a clean transition, and then have to complete a sub-transition stage where you would still have to work to complete the transition, using the shine again as an example, and the two opponents ground stats should help determine how easy the person executing the transition is able to finish and how well the person defending the transition is able to recover.

Or atleast, that's how I think it should be handled...

# 16 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/30/10 12:25 PM
Wouldn't it have been easier just to say make the attributes actually matter ? LOL

# 17 judgejudy @ 03/30/10 12:26 PM
Looks like 09 with more fighters a few extra strikes/subs to me, I don't see any difference.

# 18 Phillmattic @ 03/30/10 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Wouldn't it have been easier just to say make the attributes actually matter ? LOL
Nope.

Been waiting for an opportunity to throw those ideas out for a while now.

# 19 BlueNGold @ 03/30/10 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
They just need to make stats matter.
I thought that IGN preview said stats do matter this year?

# 20 Jukeman @ 03/30/10 01:40 PM
in the vid, dude said players stats were high....

I wonder how spread out they are...

if stats do matter this year, it could be flawed yet again...

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.