Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

According to Peter Moore's latest blog. During the NFL Draft, fans can influence Madden NFL 11 rookie ratings.

Quote:
"Another first for EA SPORTS during the NFL Draft will be the ability for fans to influence rookie ratings in Madden NFL 11. On draft day, ratings guru Donny Moore will post what he thinks the rookie ratings should be. Fans can then go to the Madden NFL website and enter their own ratings for each rookie. Donny will use the fan average as the player rating baseline for when training camp and pre-season begins. This is a great way for fans to become more involved in what is always one of the most hotly debated subjects each year when Madden is released."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jeremym480 @ 03/31/10 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Highest any of these dudes should be is like a 75...but they should progress quicker (and during the season)
I support this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
This is the same reason Allen Iverson was an All Star this year when he's clearly DONE!
Exactly. But, like other's have said, hopefully the fanboys and haters will cancel each other out so, we get a decent average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
Donny does a great job rating players already I think we should stay away from Fanboyism. Especially with someone like me who believes Jake Delhomme should be a 75 overall for Madden 11, it would be disastrous to see what some people think Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow should be in Madden 11.

Donny, please continue doing the ratings without the fans help. If we see the guy is rated too high or too low, we can easily edit them ourselves. Thanks a bunch.

I loved the stretched rating's they had last year (for the most part) and with those stretched rating's 75 would still be a good QB. MisJake should be rated somewhere between 55-60 IMO. Also, no rookie except for maybe Suh should start out rated above 75.

# 42 Dewiel @ 03/31/10 10:32 AM
I wanted to provide you with a bit more insight here that may clear things up a bit for you. We’re not going to just allow guys to go in and rate say Tim Tebow a 100 or a 5 based off of where he goes in the draft or based off of personal dislike. We knew from the start that this would be an issue if we gave that much freedom to the fans.

Instead, here’s how it’s going to work. We’re going to take Donny’s initial ratings for a player, and use it as the baseline. From that point, members of the community will be able to increase/decrease the player by a yet to be determined amount in either direction.

So let’s use +/- 5 in this example. If Donny has Tim Tebow’s Throwing Power rated at a 70, the community will have the ability to make it as high as a 75, or as low as a 65 when they make the changes. Again, I just used +/- 5 as an example, because we are still working through what the exact number will be.

I hope that clears this up a bit. Let me know if you have any other questions!

# 43 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/31/10 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
I wanted to provide you with a bit more insight here that may clear things up a bit for you. We’re not going to just allow guys to go in and rate say Tim Tebow a 100 or a 5 based off of where he goes in the draft or based off of personal dislike. We knew from the start that this would be an issue if we gave that much freedom to the fans.

Instead, here’s how it’s going to work. We’re going to take Donny’s initial ratings for a player, and use it as the baseline. From that point, members of the community will be able to increase/decrease the player by a yet to be determined amount in either direction.

So let’s use +/- 5 in this example. If Donny has Tim Tebow’s Throwing Power rated at a 70, the community will have the ability to make it as high as a 75, or as low as a 65 when they make the changes. Again, I just used +/- 5 as an example, because we are still working through what the exact number will be.

I hope that clears this up a bit. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Thats great to hear Dewiel. I feel much better about the players being accurately rated in the game now. Thanks for clearing all this up!

# 44 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/31/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
even with that being said, just use Donny's ratings. You're still asking a lot of uneducated people (in terms of really knowing football) to adjust ratings. People complain enough about ratings, now theyre going to complain even more knowing that a guy was raised or lowered because fans voted it that way and not because the guy really deserves to be raised or lowered.
I agree what your saying, and I do kinda just wish Donny would have full control -- but its clear they are not taking the fans advice and making it into what we all totally want.

I believe if Donny gets us in the ballpark of where the rating is going to be, its ok to have some debate over little attributes like Throw Power, Accuracy, etc with a +/- 5 increase/decrease of attribute rating (or w/e they decide). If they were giving us a +/- 5 increase/decrease of Overall Rating, yeah that might be a little much, but since its only gonna influence the attributes, i think its ok, because even if some categories get cranked up the entire 5 extra points, the Overall rating may go up a point.

# 45 polamalu82 @ 03/31/10 11:26 AM
Fans to influence rookie ratings?! This is like giving a slow kid the keys to the short bus.lol

# 46 Dewiel @ 03/31/10 11:40 AM
And the other thing to note here guys is that this may not even be a +/- 5. We're going to release more information in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

# 47 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/31/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
And the other thing to note here guys is that this may not even be a +/- 5. We're going to release more information in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.
That sounds get...the less power us fans have over the rating, the better -- thats just the sad truth.

# 48 cdpig @ 03/31/10 01:02 PM
i like the idea if regulated. please filter the people who are doing there ratings in fantasy land. i can imagine what a group of Notre Dame fans could do to Jimmy Clauson's rating if there 100 on everything is added, or if a ***** puts 0 on everything.

# 49 LBzrule @ 03/31/10 01:25 PM
I think it'll be fun as well as absurd.

# 50 TomBrady @ 03/31/10 02:36 PM
Madden 12: You get a blank CD and create your own game

# 51 IlluminatusUIUC @ 03/31/10 05:16 PM
I suspect a lot of fans will take this seriously, but even if they don't - it's easy. Just pick an OVR range for rookies, say 60-80, and just drop off every vote who rates them outside that range. That easily shops out all the haters giving them 0's and the fanboys giving them 99's.

# 52 rootofalleli @ 03/31/10 07:39 PM
Did people bother to read the responses from Dewiel at EA? Why does page 3 have the same posts as page 1? Please stop raging over something that isn't going to happen.

# 53 kcarr @ 03/31/10 10:14 PM
The thing that really comes to mind here is last year during the draft when several people on here were talking about how great of a passer pat white was going to be and trying to compare him to guys like drew brees saying that by mid season through roster updates he would easily be atleast 80s overall. There are a lot of people out there who just cannot take an objective opinion of a player due to having seen him play at college and being a fan and wanting to see him succeed at the next level.

# 54 RogueHominid @ 04/02/10 09:50 PM
Man, I really don't like the sound of this. I get the marketing department wanting to connect with fans, empower them, whatever. But allowing homerism to translate directly into ratings is an absolutely terrible idea.

I liked the job Moore did of differentiating between elite players, average players, and scrubs. My concern is that draft feedback from fans will overvalue players. How many times do you hear Kiper say "so and so is the kind of guy you can pencil in for a decade," only to have that guy be a career backup and only play like 5 years?

The draft is such a crapshoot, imo, and the tendency of fans is to want to believe that their picks will be impact starters or have legit starter ratings in M10.

# 55 Mr. Franchise @ 04/02/10 10:24 PM
Myron Rolle better have an awareness of 99.

# 56 KBLover @ 04/03/10 01:32 AM
Wait, what?

So people can say "so-and-so should be rated much higher" and just say that devoid of any evidence, proof, footage (not just one play, etc), and it will be taken into consideration?

They'll do that, but we can't edit ratings in franchise mode (can't even apply EA updates to franchise in progress - have to start over) - which is basically the same thing (allowing fans to edit the player ratings to what they think they should be).

What? Wow.

# 57 Meast21Forever @ 04/03/10 06:17 PM
You guys act like they're just going to listen to every one. Some tard who puts Tebow at 99 OVR is going to get skipped over. They're not just going to be like 'Oh, this random fan thinks Eric Berry is an 88. Even though we've never had a rookie that high, we might as well..' It's just a ploy to 'pretend' the fans are involved. To me, this shows how little Donnie Moore does. Maybe he watches film on some guys, but anyone could do his job. It's hilarious they call him the 'czar'. The ratings he allots are mostly opinion. The 'potential' rating is garbage. If he's not careful and this 'fan influence' thing works, someone might notice how unnecessary he is.

# 58 monkeybutlerz @ 04/03/10 07:18 PM
Won't be shocked to see the Ravens rookies get fairly low ratings knowing the Steeler and Browns communities.

# 59 KBLover @ 04/03/10 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
You guys act like they're just going to listen to every one. Some tard who puts Tebow at 99 OVR is going to get skipped over. They're not just going to be like 'Oh, this random fan thinks Eric Berry is an 88 Even though we've never had a rookie that high, we might as well..' It's just a ploy to 'pretend' the fans are involved.
How do you know they'll be totally ignored and not still have influence? Sure, they won't put Tebow at 99, but who's to say they don't give him another 10 points than they otherwise would because of 'fan support' or whatever? Or put his Potential at "A" instead of "B", etc?

If it's just a ploy, it's then a complete waste of time - time that could be used thinking up ideas that actually will improve the game instead of trying to make people think they have some kind of influence over the ratings.

Either way, is this whole setup even necessary?

# 60 kjcheezhead @ 04/03/10 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Won't be shocked to see the Ravens rookies get fairly low ratings knowing the Steeler and Browns communities.
Yeah I'm worried it's gonna be a popularity contest. Steelers fans outnumber Bengals fans so....Steelers rookie goes up a couple points, Bengals rookie goes down. Fans of large market teams gotta love this idea.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.