Home
News Post

We have just launched a "wider" look for Operation Sports. This gives us the ability to embed HD videos, at a higher resolution and fit images in a better format on the home page, as well as all of our articles.

It also gives us the ability to implement our newest addition to the site, "User Dynasties". On Monday, we will launch this feature for our Dynasty fans. The users that enjoy documenting stats and stories for their individual or team based sports video games. Check out Pujols 4 MVP's blog for a general idea of what he has been working on. He has created "generators" for Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey, where you input the stats and the generator handles the rest, for an easy way to copy and paste into your "Dynasty" page.

One other feature we have is the new and improved "Spotlight". This area features our exclusives, which include previews, reviews, screenshots, videos and big news items. We are still tweaking a few things here and there and will tweak the spotlight feature in the Forums as well, so there will be a few odd looking pages, on occasion as we get everything perfect.

This is a good time to ask our readers, what would you like to see at OS?

Member Comments
# 1 rudyjuly2 @ 04/04/10 08:44 AM
I like the dynasty stuff for blogs and Pujols 4 stuff looks good. I have no idea how it works right now though or how much work it is. I'd love it even more if EA and the other game companies would let you export dynasty stats to text or excel files for easier manipulation. 2K sports has done a great job of letting you upload box scores and tracking your stats in MLB 2K10. I'd still like to see a stat export (e-mail or USB) so I could control everything.

# 2 CreatineKasey @ 04/04/10 08:59 AM
I'd like to see "official tournaments" for games when they release. Sports are competitive, and it'd be a great way to celebrate that and build new friendships through playing new players in a new game tournament.

# 3 ronnieb @ 04/04/10 09:34 AM
it great much better user friendly

# 4 texbuk84 @ 04/04/10 09:45 AM
I like the new look. much more user friendly

# 5 jaosming @ 04/04/10 09:52 AM
um, where do I click to get into the forums from the main page?

# 6 19 @ 04/04/10 09:57 AM
I fear change.

# 7 arsenal123gunners @ 04/04/10 09:58 AM
Can you expand on this spotlight feature? Like how do you access it?

# 8 palmer08 @ 04/04/10 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal123gunners
Can you expand on this spotlight feature? Like how do you access it?
You just need to wait until tommorow

# 9 countryboy @ 04/04/10 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
um, where do I click to get into the forums from the main page?
at the very top of the page. Enjoying the new look

# 10 jaosming @ 04/04/10 10:26 AM
at the very top I see
"Operation Sports | Blogs | Forums (Mobile) | FOF Central | EASHL Forum |"

then under the OS logo
"Home |Screenshots |Videos |Reviews |Previews |Strategy Guides |Features |Press Releases |About "

# 11 AUChase @ 04/04/10 10:39 AM
I like the wide look.

The dynasty stuff looks promising, as well.

Thanks for the awesome work!

# 12 bigfnjoe96 @ 04/04/10 10:45 AM
Quote:
at the very top I see

then under the OS logo
"Home |Screenshots |Videos |Reviews |Previews |Strategy Guides |Features |Press Releases |About "
Exactly. No separate link for FORUMS. Had to get-in via my Arena

# 13 Steve_OS @ 04/04/10 10:45 AM
Quote:
at the very top I see

then under the OS logo
That is right. Click Forums. The (Mobile) is a link to Forums for mobile devices.

# 14 Steve_OS @ 04/04/10 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Exactly. No separate link for FORUMS. Had to get-in via my Arena
Not sure I understand? Forums, is right next to Blogs, right?

# 15 countryboy @ 04/04/10 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
it is. I think people are confused because it reads "FORUMS (MOBILE)". Just click on the forums tab and you'll be taken directly to the forums as usual.

# 16 bigfnjoe96 @ 04/04/10 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yeah it is. B-4 the change there used to be a FORUM Tab separate from the Forum (Mobile) Tab. Not a big deal Steve. Love the new look

# 17 bonannogiovanni @ 04/04/10 11:33 AM
Wider is better, I like it very much Steve, thanks for the improvements!

# 18 buzzguy @ 04/04/10 12:59 PM
Looks good! I would have preferred "true" widescreen, as many of us have widescreen monitors, but that's probably years away.
The site's looking pretty spiffy, though! Thumbs up!

# 19 bluewave @ 04/04/10 12:59 PM
I like the new look. Very nice. I'd like to see a separate forum for text sim games. That way those games can possibly get noticed more.

# 20 Lava @ 04/04/10 02:26 PM
Great stuff, I can't think of anything else to add at the moment.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.