Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers locomotion, which includes some new screenshots and video.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm">

Quote:
"One of the first areas we concentrated on for NCAA Football 11 was to create more realistic player acceleration. In previous versions, there wasn't a noticeable difference between players with a high acceleration rating versus players with a lower one, as speed was the only thing that seemed to matter. For the first time in NCAA Football 11, acceleration will be a huge factor into how quickly a player can reach their top speed. This new acceleration will also help differentiate the styles of players across the various positions on the field. For example, a "Possession" type receiver may have a high acceleration rating but not have that breakaway speed that a "Speed" receiver possesses in the open field. However, this possession receiver will have the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and back to full speed on his routes quicker. Another area where acceleration is a big factor is differentiating speed type rushers versus the more conventional run-stopping defensive lineman. Defensive ends that have a high acceleration rating will be able to get off the ball and to the quarterback quicker, due to their top end speed. The bigger interior type defensive lineman will have a harder time trying to speed rush, as it will take them longer to accelerate to top speed."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lava @ 04/05/10 06:01 PM
Great stuff, I loved the vid.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm">

# 2 countryboy @ 04/05/10 06:08 PM
looking good.

# 3 therizing02 @ 04/05/10 06:08 PM
Thanks Steve. Now THIS is change. Looking good!!

# 4 prowler @ 04/05/10 06:08 PM
This... is... nice.

At this point the only person allowed to be skeptical about NCAA11 is B4C since we haven't seen the Iowa facemasks.

# 5 Hova57 @ 04/05/10 06:11 PM
i think one hidden jem in the espn article is the hand on the back of the lineman to kinda steer them

# 6 Solidice @ 04/05/10 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i think one hidden jem in the espn article is the hand on the back of the lineman to kinda steer them
yes, it'll be nice to see that again. it was in NCAA '08(360), however, I do not think you could actually "steer" them then.

that video looked nice though. now I'm waiting on some dynasty updates.

# 7 Gossennator @ 04/05/10 06:15 PM
I had to watch that vid twice in a row, great stuff. Even though this was about locomotion I couldnt help notice how great the visuals are.

# 8 green94 @ 04/05/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Love hearing that as well, reminds me of 2k.

This video was great... hopefully this game can finally live up to the hype.

# 9 Hova57 @ 04/05/10 06:19 PM
yea prob can't steer but you know what i mean

# 10 prowler @ 04/05/10 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
I had to watch that vid twice in a row, great stuff. Even though this was about locomotion I couldnt help notice how great the visuals are.
Agreed. In NCAA10 I hated playing against teams like Cal and Michigan because their blue uniforms were too glossy and saturated; Michigan looks a lot better in those vids.

# 11 Hova57 @ 04/05/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
i came in that video
i didn't read it at first , but i read your post a second time and lost it.

# 12 SageInfinite @ 04/05/10 06:23 PM
This is what I'm talking about. Everything looks really good. I hope they also worked on the blocking. Saw a guy running around on the line like he didn't know what to do. I hope this series can return to the greatness it once was.

# 13 BrianFifaFan @ 04/05/10 06:25 PM
That looks a whole lot better! Did notice they still have the Rugby-sized football, though. But, overall, things are looking pretty darn good!

# 14 marcoyk @ 04/05/10 06:25 PM
I'm liking how the game is looking. Hope they can follow up strong and really do a lot with gameplay. Really impressed with the foot planting and visuals.

# 15 bonannogiovanni @ 04/05/10 06:26 PM
Look at the comparison 10-11, you can see that high knee running is finally gone. Thanks EA, it was about time.

# 16 NEW_ORLEANS @ 04/05/10 06:37 PM
I want to see that speed run animation when a guy looks like he is kicking himself in the butt. Anyone know what I mean?

# 17 Squeezee12 @ 04/05/10 06:44 PM
When did Arkansas change to black face mask?

# 18 countryboy @ 04/05/10 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
they didn't..its a glitch.

# 19 BroMontana82 @ 04/05/10 06:51 PM
i seriously might make a comeback to this game. this is a make or break year and so far, they seem to be going all out.

# 20 Solidice @ 04/05/10 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
I think it's just a place holder anyway. I think Arkansas is switching uniform manufacturer and I don't think EA is allowed to show the new ones yet(if they even have the new designs). so it may not matter.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.