Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers locomotion, which includes some new screenshots and video.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm">

Quote:
"One of the first areas we concentrated on for NCAA Football 11 was to create more realistic player acceleration. In previous versions, there wasn't a noticeable difference between players with a high acceleration rating versus players with a lower one, as speed was the only thing that seemed to matter. For the first time in NCAA Football 11, acceleration will be a huge factor into how quickly a player can reach their top speed. This new acceleration will also help differentiate the styles of players across the various positions on the field. For example, a "Possession" type receiver may have a high acceleration rating but not have that breakaway speed that a "Speed" receiver possesses in the open field. However, this possession receiver will have the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and back to full speed on his routes quicker. Another area where acceleration is a big factor is differentiating speed type rushers versus the more conventional run-stopping defensive lineman. Defensive ends that have a high acceleration rating will be able to get off the ball and to the quarterback quicker, due to their top end speed. The bigger interior type defensive lineman will have a harder time trying to speed rush, as it will take them longer to accelerate to top speed."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 splff3000 @ 04/05/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I am a little concern about the "slipping on the miss tackle" animation. I saw it a few too many times in less than 1min.
I agree. Then again, they may just be showing that for effect. What I'm more worried about is it seems like if you juke a guy, he has no chance what so ever in making a play again. Some of those defenders fell right off the screen lol. I hope that's just for effect too otherwise the juke seems like it's gonna be all powerful.

# 62 Lava @ 04/05/10 11:56 PM
Quote:
I am a little concerned about the "slipping on the miss tackle" animation. I saw it a few too many times in less than 1min.
Yeah, I'm hoping it was just an attempt to show off how well it works and won't become an issue in gameplay.

# 63 da ThRONe @ 04/06/10 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Yeah, I'm hoping it was just an attempt to show off how well it works and won't become an issue in gameplay.
You and I both.

# 64 gator3guy @ 04/06/10 12:06 AM
Since acceleration matters this year, I hope EA went through the player ratings and made sure no one had ridiculous acceleration attributes that didnt deserve it.

# 65 da ThRONe @ 04/06/10 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Since acceleration matters this year, I hope EA went through the player ratings and made sure no one had ridiculous acceleration attributes that didnt deserve it.
Im hoping the ratings get stretched out this year anyways.

# 66 Lava @ 04/06/10 12:10 AM
Quote:
You and I both!

# 67 gator3guy @ 04/06/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
Yeah maybe not as drastic as Madden, but if you go back to NCAA 2002 I think the highest rated player was like a 91. College Hoops 2k also did this. Last year was just ridiculous. It seemed every player played the same. Every guy on Florida/ Florida St./ USC/ etc. was rated above an 80.

# 68 CurryStorm @ 04/06/10 12:38 AM
I'm just enjoying how much love my Gamecocks are getting.

Other than that, what I'm really waiting on is information on Dynasty changes, but regardless, things are looking good thus far.

# 69 jWILL253 @ 04/06/10 02:22 AM
In the vid, at 0:57, the cut the RB makes looked sick!

# 70 Morning Thunder @ 04/06/10 03:01 AM
Didn't see anyone with dreads, and the percy harvin revolution seems to be MIA this year if you pause on the two florida state players, they are wearing the knockoff version of the percy harvin facemask.

# 71 Behindshadows @ 04/06/10 03:06 AM
I absolutely loved the gameplay motion of this game, animations were so realistic.

Some of those cuts, tackles, missed tackles, and changes of directions, were just outstanding.

Great job! This might be the first NCAA Football, I play through a full season or 20 of.

# 72 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/06/10 03:13 AM
Man this game in looking good for real and it just might be the best looking Ncaa football game this year...

# 73 Hotlanta @ 04/06/10 03:54 AM
Along with all we seen I hope this also touched on DB footwork. Something that's been bothering me for awhile.

# 74 NikB13 @ 04/06/10 03:58 AM
Posted this in the Info Forum aswell but ill say it again here.... you can see that the Oregon "wing" jerseys are in

# 75 gator3guy @ 04/06/10 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Thunder
Didn't see anyone with dreads, and the percy harvin revolution seems to be MIA this year if you pause on the two florida state players, they are wearing the knockoff version of the percy harvin facemask.

Inexcusable not to have that in the game

# 76 carnalnirvana @ 04/06/10 08:09 AM
looks good, i hope it stays stalbe when i crank the game to heisman and the cpu wants to take short cuts

# 77 callmetaternuts @ 04/06/10 08:27 AM
Color me skeptical. The changes look good, but I refuse to be sucked in like I have been every other year. Every year on next gen we've all raved about how good it looks and how big of a change it is and then 5 days after launch we all come here disappointed. The new animations and locomotion looks good, but I'll reserve final judgement until we all are playing it.

# 78 BroMontana82 @ 04/06/10 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Color me skeptical. The changes look good, but I refuse to be sucked in like I have been every other year. Every year on next gen we've all raved about how good it looks and how big of a change it is and then 5 days after launch we all come here disappointed. The new animations and locomotion looks good, but I'll reserve final judgement until we all are playing it.
true. this is how it is for most sports games these days with 1 year cycles...a lot of hype then disappointment by the sim community. everyone should expect 1-2 patches too.

# 79 noplace @ 04/06/10 08:36 AM
Meh... Looks better, running animations looks alot better but something still feels to EA about those vids. I'll wait for actual gameplay before getting over exited. Concerned about those canned slips & missed tackles. Who are the guys they have motion cap the running animations? Are they athletes? Hope they have more wrap tackles in this game. Really wanna see what they've done with the LOS. Looks improved but some of yall take it to far.

# 80 Rashad19 @ 04/06/10 09:15 AM
Wow nice addition to the game...I'm really looking forward to seeing more gameplay videos to see the upgraded locomotion system in action. NCAA11 appears to be strides in the right direction!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.