Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers locomotion, which includes some new screenshots and video.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm">

Quote:
"One of the first areas we concentrated on for NCAA Football 11 was to create more realistic player acceleration. In previous versions, there wasn't a noticeable difference between players with a high acceleration rating versus players with a lower one, as speed was the only thing that seemed to matter. For the first time in NCAA Football 11, acceleration will be a huge factor into how quickly a player can reach their top speed. This new acceleration will also help differentiate the styles of players across the various positions on the field. For example, a "Possession" type receiver may have a high acceleration rating but not have that breakaway speed that a "Speed" receiver possesses in the open field. However, this possession receiver will have the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and back to full speed on his routes quicker. Another area where acceleration is a big factor is differentiating speed type rushers versus the more conventional run-stopping defensive lineman. Defensive ends that have a high acceleration rating will be able to get off the ball and to the quarterback quicker, due to their top end speed. The bigger interior type defensive lineman will have a harder time trying to speed rush, as it will take them longer to accelerate to top speed."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BigFan77 @ 04/07/10 08:58 PM
Can you guys access this image? I believe a few of you asked about this facemask. It will be in the game.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs085.snc3/15324_385515399394_745379394_3633983_5556932_n.jpg

# 142 kjhen @ 04/07/10 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan77
Can you guys access this image? I believe a few of you asked about this facemask. It will be in the game.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5556932_n.jpg
it looks like a normal facemask that was already in NCAA. is that supposed to be the Schutt Air XP? because if so, it's way off.

# 143 SageInfinite @ 04/07/10 09:25 PM

I'm loving this image.

# 144 BigFan77 @ 04/07/10 09:26 PM
No thats not a shutt Air XP.

- Jean

# 145 BigFan77 @ 04/07/10 09:30 PM
Its the EGOP-II

- Jean

# 146 videlsports @ 04/07/10 09:37 PM
Looks good so far, I like the new animations. Ncaa IMO is ea's best game.

# 147 Hiro1 @ 04/07/10 09:41 PM
Those undershirts and new cleats add so much for me. I'm a equipment guy so I was excited after the 1st pic haha awesome job. -jean

Now if we can just get a confirmation on dreads. If its a no, that sux since I play with mostly southern teams and many of these teams have a plethora of guys with them, but with all these additions I'm still VERY VERY thankful.

# 148 acreyman @ 04/07/10 09:42 PM
I took the year off of NCAA and I have been playing Madden 10. So far I am looking forward to playing some college football again. I think this year, if I get both, I am going to play one season of college and then alternate to one season of Madden. Just to keep it fresh and import my players which I am assuming they have fixed the ratings issues of imports this year. I doubt they passed that up being there was such an outcry over the rating of imported players from NCAA to Madden.

# 149 its flav @ 04/07/10 09:46 PM
I agree, the under shirts look really nice. I wish we would get some info on dreads!!

# 150 Morning Thunder @ 04/07/10 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

I'm loving this image.
is it just me or are his pants shorter than other players.. look how the stop right below the knee.

# 151 its flav @ 04/07/10 09:51 PM
Quote:
Its the EGOP-II

- Jean
I don't know if this facemask is in the game but in NCAA '10 it was missing.

The top bars on this DNA model of the helmet is really high up.

In real life players quarterbacks that wear it, it looks completely different.

Screenshot here-

As you can see there is a huge difference.

Here is the model on the Schutt website of the DNA.
http://www.schuttsports.com/aspx/Spo...og.aspx?id=108

# 152 TracerBullet @ 04/07/10 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Finally fixed the running animations, and the rest is looking very good. Hope they can decrease the size of the ball & make it float like an actual football. Now we just need presentation/atmosphere and upgraded dynasty and it will be a first day purchase.
Black facemasks for a certain team as well perhaps?

# 153 gator3guy @ 04/07/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by its flav
I don't know if this facemask is in the game but in NCAA '10 it was missing.

The top bars on this DNA model of the helmet is really high up.

In real life players quarterbacks that wear it, it looks completely different.

Screenshot here-

As you can see there is a huge difference.

Here is the model on the Schutt website of the DNA.
http://www.schuttsports.com/aspx/Spo...og.aspx?id=108
Yeah thats supposed to be the Tate Forcier...WAY WAY TOO HIGH

# 154 bpac55 @ 04/07/10 10:09 PM
It isn't supposed to be the Tate Forcier mask...its this one and its right on...

# 155 gator3guy @ 04/07/10 10:11 PM
Still a tad too high

# 156 BigFan77 @ 04/07/10 10:13 PM
Yes thats the one. Thanks Bpac.

keep in mind that the Arkansas player is looking up and that perspective distorts the helmet. I'll try to post more head on screens if you guys are interested.

- Jean

# 157 gator3guy @ 04/07/10 10:25 PM
Quote:

keep in mind that the Arkansas player is looking up and that perspective distorts the helmet. I'll try to post more head on screens if you guys are interested.

- Jean
That would be cool. I hope more were added.

# 158 its flav @ 04/07/10 10:34 PM
Quote:

- Jean
Yeah that would be great Jean.

Another DNA helmet I had a question about was the one below:

worn by former WVU quarterback Pat White.

It is called the Schutt Stainless Steel DNA-ROPO-SW and can be found here.

# 159 pa_husker @ 04/07/10 10:36 PM
Yes Jean, we would appreciate some more screen shots, of helmets or whatever you are willing and able to show us. How about a helmet shot of the resurgent Nebraska Cornhuskers.

# 160 sportzbro @ 04/07/10 11:34 PM
Jean,

Any chance something will be done about the enormous football? Also can you guys lighten the color of it. Its way to dark for that model in the game(Nike 3005).... Maybe even brighten up the white stripes as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.