Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers locomotion, which includes some new screenshots and video.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm">

Quote:
"One of the first areas we concentrated on for NCAA Football 11 was to create more realistic player acceleration. In previous versions, there wasn't a noticeable difference between players with a high acceleration rating versus players with a lower one, as speed was the only thing that seemed to matter. For the first time in NCAA Football 11, acceleration will be a huge factor into how quickly a player can reach their top speed. This new acceleration will also help differentiate the styles of players across the various positions on the field. For example, a "Possession" type receiver may have a high acceleration rating but not have that breakaway speed that a "Speed" receiver possesses in the open field. However, this possession receiver will have the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and back to full speed on his routes quicker. Another area where acceleration is a big factor is differentiating speed type rushers versus the more conventional run-stopping defensive lineman. Defensive ends that have a high acceleration rating will be able to get off the ball and to the quarterback quicker, due to their top end speed. The bigger interior type defensive lineman will have a harder time trying to speed rush, as it will take them longer to accelerate to top speed."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 The U @ 04/08/10 12:21 AM
I would love to see some more screens of Miami Players haha

# 162 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/08/10 12:39 AM
Can Baylor get some love?

# 163 Zasnow @ 04/08/10 12:57 AM
I like how the short sleeves that stick out can be changed colors.

# 164 Maxattax3 @ 04/08/10 01:14 AM
guys doing mo-cap looked like scrubs from waaay back.
Seriously... they couldnt find anyone better than those jokesters?

# 165 reco @ 04/08/10 11:00 AM
how about some bama love jean

# 166 stoncold32 @ 04/08/10 11:42 AM
[quote=gator3guy;2040935844]Yeah thats supposed to be the Tate Forcier...WAY WAY TOO HIGH

[img]http://www

c'mon man, it's obvious the players head is titled upwards and to the side.

# 167 gator3guy @ 04/08/10 11:44 AM
[quote=stoncold32;2040937173]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Yeah thats supposed to be the Tate Forcier...WAY WAY TOO HIGH

[img]http://www

c'mon man, it's obvious the players head is titled upwards and to the side.
dude it was in last year's game i'm not blind

# 168 GatorChomp1 @ 04/08/10 11:46 AM
I can't believe how well '11 is coming along and it's only the start of April. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else will be added. Think we'll get secondary color options for sleeves and wristbands like they had in madden last year?

# 169 kjhen @ 04/08/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan77
Its the EGOP-II

- Jean
Ok, will u guys be able to add the ION and AIR XP?

# 170 Zasnow @ 04/08/10 02:58 PM
Why arent tats in the game? Quite a bit of college players have them

# 171 Zasnow @ 04/08/10 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rodney
I don't think they have ever had tattoos in any NCAA Football game I've seen and they probably never will. This is probably because it adds to the likeness of a player and we all know that's bad...
They dont have to be on any player but just an added feature. Ive always said that EA could avoid all of this if an outside source edited all the rosters so it would be out of EA's hands. They have tats in College Basketball 2010 even if you can only put them on created players.

# 172 Potatoes002 @ 04/08/10 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Jean,

Any chance something will be done about the enormous football? Also can you guys lighten the color of it. Its way to dark for that model in the game(Nike 3005).... Maybe even brighten up the white stripes as well.

I've been saying this for years, the ball looks like a balloon.

# 173 lesco543 @ 04/14/10 05:34 AM
GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U GUYS GOT THE WHOLE REALISM GOING EXCEPT THE GRASS AND TURF. THERE"S NO 3Dimentionalness involved in the grass. i think that would really do it if the landscape was reformed!!!!!!!!!! great job thoughh~!!!!!

# 174 str8artist @ 04/14/10 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesco543
GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS GRASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U GUYS GOT THE WHOLE REALISM GOING EXCEPT THE GRASS AND TURF. THERE"S NO 3Dimentionalness involved in the grass. i think that would really do it if the landscape was reformed!!!!!!!!!! great job thoughh~!!!!!
.......You are wrong for this post.

# 175 43Chargers4Now @ 04/17/10 02:36 AM
That was..........AMAZING!!! I REEEAALLY want to be able to see defenders slip when they're running full speed at an angle towards the RB and the running back makes a quick cut in the other direction. That would look so realistic and awesome! I hope that the agility ratings help with cutbacks being available instead of the defenders just immediately reacting, with no sort of "stop and turn," and tackling the RB easily.

# 176 Watson @ 04/17/10 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesco543
I remember my 1st "grass" too

# 177 illwill10 @ 04/17/10 09:53 PM
Will handoffs speed up(get to the ball quicker) with RBs with high acceleration, because of locomotion?

# 178 Zasnow @ 04/18/10 10:21 PM
I doubt it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.