Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

According to Ian's Twitter feed, we should see another Madden NFL 11 blog on Wednesday. Which will include how Madden will use the recently announced locomotion from NCAA Football 11, in their game.

Quote:
"New NCAA FB 11 gameplay/locomotion blog (http://bit.ly/akQd5H & http://bit.ly/9zkdoe) <-- Woo! 'How Madden uses it' blog coming Wednesday "

*UPDATE:

My question...
@ian_cummings OK, how about this one Ian. Will Wednesday's blog contain a video? The NCAA video blog was great, talked about and showed it.

Ian's response...
@Steve_OS plan was to do a more dev-centric blog more like the M10 blogs, not a slick 'produced' one. Might have to change now.

Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Bgamer90 @ 04/05/10 06:10 PM
YESSSSSS

This is probably the biggest thing I wanted for Madden 11.

# 2 roadman @ 04/05/10 06:14 PM
Outstanding!!!!!!!!

Everybody's doin' a brand new dance, now
Come on, baby, do the Loco-Motion
I know you'll get to like it if you give it a chance, now
My little baby sister can do it with ease
It's easier to learn than your ABC's
So come on, come on, and do the Loco-Motion with me

You got to swing your hips now
Come on, jump up, jump back
Oh, babe, I think you got the knack, whoa whoa

Now that you can do it, well let's make a chain now
A chugga-chugga motion like a railroad train now
Do it nice and easy, now, and don't lose control
A little bit of rhythm and a lot of soul
Well, come on, come on, and do the Loco-Motion with me

# 3 Pacman83 @ 04/05/10 06:19 PM
^^^LMAO...seriously...i danced.

# 4 TracerBullet @ 04/05/10 06:22 PM
This may take away some of the pain of getting my teeth drilled on Wednesday! If it looks as good as NCAA's does we definently have a good year of football on our hands.

# 5 Niners_Fan_15 @ 04/05/10 06:28 PM
impressed with the way NCAA has implemented the locomotion system. Hope that Madden takes it to the next level...how cool would signature running styles be??

# 6 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/05/10 06:31 PM
Well it is looking very promising for both madden 11 and ncaa 11 this coming year. How well will this make the game look in a few months are so is still up in the air. But so far the video from ncaa 11 blog today looks pretty good to me. So gives a lot hope to fans who still believe in EA. I guess BB has given EA a reason to take the next step in technology to make the animation better for the game. Can't wait for the blog.

# 7 thudias @ 04/05/10 06:35 PM
I wonder how these locomotion implementations will vary?

# 8 splff3000 @ 04/05/10 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I wonder how these locomotion implementations will vary?
I'm wondering WHY it will vary? It seems to me that locomotion should be locomotion, no matter which game it's in. Hmm, Can't wait to see this.

# 9 SouthernBrick @ 04/05/10 06:47 PM
Hmmm...Could be interesting. I don't read the NCAA blogs or watch the videos but, I'll have to read that Locomotion blog for NCAA to see what it is about.

# 10 Pacman83 @ 04/05/10 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners_Fan_15
impressed with the way NCAA has implemented the locomotion system. Hope that Madden takes it to the next level...how cool would signature running styles be??

What he said, honestly dont see why not???

# 11 Niners_Fan_15 @ 04/05/10 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
What he said, honestly dont see why not???
Yeah its just a matter of motion capturing players... i dont think its going to make it in this year though.

# 12 SouthernBrick @ 04/05/10 07:15 PM
Wow.

NCAA 11 locomotion looked so much better than NCAA 10. Since locomotion is in from the NCAA series then I believe the locomotion will be almost If not completely identical. Hopefully they have a vid also, finally a blog I can get excited about.

# 13 mikeacard @ 04/05/10 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I'm wondering WHY it will vary? It seems to me that locomotion should be locomotion, no matter which game it's in. Hmm, Can't wait to see this.

it definitely needs to be tuned differently for madden. the speed of the nfl game and the speed of the college game are two totally different things. the two ways to make this happen would be to change their ratings system or tune the locomotion to their liking. it's probably easier to tune this new system to what is already in place.

# 14 rsoxguy12 @ 04/05/10 07:39 PM
Very excited to hear this!!!

# 15 SteelerSpartan @ 04/05/10 08:15 PM
Cue Budlight quote

"Oh here we go"

bring on the goods...needless to say Im hoping and praying this is finally the year we get some realistic movement/momentum

If its done right with the AI......****n and chuck cheesers are going to be in trouble

# 16 Steve_OS @ 04/05/10 08:16 PM
FYI.

http://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/11668431233
@ian_cummings OK, how about this one Ian. Will Wednesday's blog contain a video? The NCAA video blog was great, talked about and showed it.

http://twitter.com/ian_cummings/status/11668906990
@Steve_OS plan was to do a more dev-centric blog more like the M10 blogs, not a slick 'produced' one. Might have to change now.

# 17 SouthernBrick @ 04/05/10 08:17 PM
The new locomotion system looks very promising, hopefully the new system comes with more and better animations. I read the article from ESPN about the NCAA 11 and they were talking about the RB putting a hand on the back of a lineman and pushing off. Also they talk about the the leaning in the game and that just gave me even more hope for this game this year. This doesn't mean that we'll see the hand pushing off the lineman in madden but, there's hope for it.

This is one of pet peeves because, player awareness has really been lacking in madden for a long time now. I don't know how many times I've ran up on a lineman seeing nothing but, day light only to get stuck and running in place behind him for a 3 or 4 yard gain. Having this in madden would be a huge. Hopefully I'm/we're not disappointed.

All this football news is just great.

# 18 adub88 @ 04/05/10 08:36 PM
Locomotion was biggest complaint with Madden '10 the minute i saw the videos. I can't wait to see what has been.

On a side note, can anyone answer why NCAA '11 is looking way better than Madden '11 graphically?

# 19 SteelerSpartan @ 04/05/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Locomotion was biggest complaint with Madden '10 the minute i saw the videos. I can't wait to see what has been.

On a side note, can anyone answer why NCAA '11 is looking way better than Madden '11 graphically?

they have a real time lighting system.....I don't think madden has had that thus far

# 20 adub88 @ 04/05/10 08:57 PM
This quote just summed up all of my frustration:

"We made some pretty dramatic changes this year," he continues. "Last year's game was really twitchy and people ran upright the whole time, so on long running plays, everything just looked real robotic. It just didn't look like a person running naturally."

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.