Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

ESPN's Jon Robinson sat down with the former Florida Gators star during his EA Sports NCAA Football 11 cover shoot.

Quote:
"But playing games and smiling for cameras wasn't all Tebow was up to in Florida. The quarterback's other mission was to hunt down "Madden NFL 11'" ratings guru Donny Moore. Tebow wanted to put in a good word for his cyber self in hopes of boosting his stock a few points, especially when it comes to his speed and trucking ability. And it looks like the face-to-face time with Moore worked to Tebow's advantage.

"Tebow will be the best trucking quarterback in 'Madden' this year," said Moore after the meeting. "He's not the most elusive, but in terms of breaking tackles and power, he will be able to put down his shoulder and run over a few defenders. A lot of this is fluid, but right now in 'Madden 11,' we have Tebow at 80 speed and 92 acceleration. Trucking, carrying the ball, like I said, he's going to be better than any quarterback coming into the league."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MaizeHaze @ 04/08/10 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
Don't you just love the blank look on their face when you start telling them all about the new stuff in the game?
LOL! Followed by the eye roll. It's okay though because I probably give her the same look when she tells me about a shirt/jeans or shoes that she saw at a store.

# 42 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/08/10 02:35 PM
Nice read. I definitely need a custom cover though. The absolute last guy I wanted to make the cover.

# 43 Hey_Rebby @ 04/08/10 03:47 PM
Did you notice Tebow's comments about seeing himself in the game. Sounds like he actually thought it was pretty cool to be in a video game, until like $am Keller. I would have to believe that 99.9% of the student-athletes that play college football get a thrill about being in the game.

I wish EA Sports and the NCAA could get every player to sign off on using their likeness for the game for free. If they sign off then it's 100% authentic, with using the player's image, name and other personal elements. If they don't sign off then EA Sports just uses a complete random fictional player for that roster spot. Kinda like how they had some guy (think he was #4) on some of the NBA Live games.

Seems like that would solve everything. EA Sports still wouldn't be able to use their names/likeness to promote and market the game (they couldn't say, "NCAA 11, now featuring All-Amercians like Jake Locker, Mark Ingrim, and Terrell Pryor" on the box). But they would have written persmission to use the names/likeness in the game.

# 44 stoncold32 @ 04/08/10 04:06 PM
LOL @ the presentation cat being let out of the bag.

# 45 Solidice @ 04/08/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
LOL @ the presentation cat being let out of the bag.
at least it was ESPN that let it out, huh? lol

# 46 Jamin23 @ 04/08/10 04:26 PM
Since the beans are out of the bag, it's time to give us that full blown blog on presentation.

# 47 Solidice @ 04/08/10 04:43 PM
EA posted up a video about Tebow being on the cover

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=BhbGpiMTpXLiRHIm1B8-_LVhYO9WuFdP&height=360&deepLinkEmbedCode=BhbGpiMTpXLiRHIm1B8-_LVhYO9WuFdP&width=640&hide=sharing%2Cendscreen">

# 48 Lava @ 04/08/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
EA posted up a video about Tebow being on the cover

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=BhbGpiMTpXLiRHIm1B8-_LVhYO9WuFdP&height=360&deepLinkEmbedCode=BhbGpiMTpXLiRHIm1B8-_LVhYO9WuFdP&width=640&hide=sharing%2Cendscreen">
At 2:35 the ESPN logo is clear as day.

# 49 Drocks @ 04/08/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
At 2:35 the ESPN logo is clear as day.
Yep, it is blatantly obvious.

This.....is awesome lol

# 50 its flav @ 04/08/10 04:56 PM
I love you EA Sports

# 51 Lava @ 04/08/10 04:56 PM

Screen cap showing the ESPN presentation in '11.

# 52 Watson @ 04/08/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
it looks like the Monday Night Football Presentation. But why on a college game? lol. I guess they are gonna keep us guessing.

I respect Tebus and all, but there is no way I can look at him on the cover.

DMO, strike up your Trindon Holliday one for NCAA 11 please.

# 53 texasfan_95 @ 04/08/10 05:04 PM
If they do it like NCAA Basketball then this year will be completely awesome presentation wise. Hope they remove the EA logo though sorta takes away from the look

# 54 Solidice @ 04/08/10 05:07 PM
Tebow is the exclusive cover boy, for all systems.

# 55 texasfan_95 @ 04/08/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Confirmed?

# 56 vrabbit @ 04/08/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
thought so, link?

# 57 Lava @ 04/08/10 05:09 PM
Quote:
I understand why they did it, I just wish they would've stuck with the multiple player format for one more year just so Suh could be on one.

Oh well, Tebow deserves it.

# 58 ty5oke @ 04/08/10 05:09 PM
Great news to see the ESPN presentation. It only took 4 years but atleast its here.

# 59 Catch28 @ 04/08/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
thought so, link?
EA's twitter

# 60 Solidice @ 04/08/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
thought so, link?
from EA's Twitter.

http://twitter.com/EA
Quote:
EA announces Tim Tebow as the exclusive NCAA Football 10 cover athlete

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.