Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

For those of you that haven't been poking around various threads in our NCAA Football Forums. Jean Adams, Art Director for NCAA Football 11 has been posting quite a few interesting details.

Here are some notable quotes from Jean.

Quote:
"Here’s what we have this cycle. Some are new and others have been there for some time but all have been tuned to look more realistic. The girth of the facemask has been increased to give them a thicker look. It’s almost as if they weren’t rubber coated before.

I know this is a very minor update but we want you to know that we care about the details as well.

Ultra thin armbands are on many of the skill players and peppered through out other positions as well. They will be available through edit player as well."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 joel_g @ 04/08/10 08:36 PM
the screens look great. for the first time in a long time, i'm actually excited about this game

# 2 cyclone2426 @ 04/08/10 08:36 PM
Im kinda surprised, Steve was kinda slow on this one LOL, saw this like 2 days ago. Anyway, its good to see the Harvin facemask in there, but at the same time puzzled that they ported the LT facemask from Madden, considering nobody wears it.

# 3 Steve_OS @ 04/08/10 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone2426
Im kinda surprised, Steve was kinda slow on this one LOL, saw this like 2 days ago. Anyway, its good to see the Harvin facemask in there, but at the same time puzzled that they ported the LT facemask from Madden, considering nobody wears it.
LOL. I'm surprised I missed it as well.

# 4 Morning Thunder @ 04/08/10 08:38 PM
Percy Harvin facemask is in, Im happy... I would be happier if the added some of the IONs, and more DNA facemasks though.

# 5 NikB13 @ 04/08/10 08:45 PM
Does this mean that these are the ONLY facemasks and helmets that are going to be new/added? Or is it possible that they could be holding some more from us?

# 6 Tengo Juego @ 04/08/10 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB13
Does this mean that these are the ONLY facemasks and helmets that are going to be new/added? Or is it possible that they could be holding some more from us?
I'd like to think that they're holding out, as a surprise. But I wouldn't bet on it.

# 7 NikB13 @ 04/08/10 08:50 PM
Thats what i figured, was wondering if anyone knew for sure. Just going to have to wait and see i guess haha

# 8 thendfanzach @ 04/08/10 08:53 PM
Was it just me or were there just a small amount of revo speed helmets? I did not see alot and there are tons of options in real life.

# 9 Watson @ 04/08/10 08:57 PM
I think they have more than enough facemasks in.

Good work EA.

edit: i'm kinda surprised those series of words were not censored.

# 10 Morning Thunder @ 04/08/10 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I'd like to think that they're holding out, as a surprise. But I wouldn't bet on it.
EA likes to make you think they are holding out when in reality they are not.

# 11 canes21 @ 04/08/10 09:18 PM
Thats the best looking picture released yet.

# 12 Craig Bond93 @ 04/08/10 09:21 PM
Ncaa Football 11 is very impressive. They added the new revolution h
faskmask and improved the graphics. Ncaa 11 is better than madden this year. I can't wait to get it!!

# 13 Morning Thunder @ 04/08/10 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Thats the best looking picture released yet.
It would be the best looking but its miami

# 14 vatechfan44 @ 04/08/10 10:12 PM
O ya as a equipment guy i love it so far. Just add Ions and it will be great even though that probably wont happen. So far though great job ea

# 15 Tengo Juego @ 04/08/10 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rodney
Is it any different than the other visors?
It would be nice for Adidas to get more love though
I REALLY wish Nebraska would drop Adidas and go Nike. But until then, I wish EA would give schools with Adidas contracts more love. The Adidas cleats we saw on the Michigan screen in the locomotion blog looked like the same ones that have been in the game for a few years now.

# 16 moylan1234 @ 04/08/10 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rodney
You couldn't be more wrong my friend.
1st - they have masks nobody wears
2nd - they included maybe 2 more masks more than Madden 2010
3rd - sooo many masks are still missing
nope. he's right there's plenty in the game

# 17 frankplastictrees @ 04/08/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddelMeThis22
WOW im impressed with the new Miami pic
Yeah, I stared at it for a couple of minutes. Amazed how natural it looks, the new lighting system is doing wonders.

# 18 Potatoes002 @ 04/08/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
nope. he's right there's plenty in the game
I don't think there's really a right or wrong. But I do agree that there is not enough facemasks to please majority of the fans.

# 19 moylan1234 @ 04/08/10 10:39 PM
I think the only people that even know they're missing facemasks are on this board and that's a very small group.

# 20 xDJ 77x @ 04/08/10 10:51 PM
I know that HB# 5 isn't a real person on Miami's roster(wink wink) but the way I picture HB # 5 is without the elbow pads I think he kinda resembles Mike James...

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.