Home
MLB 10 News Post

The MLB '10: The Show rosters, dated at April 12th, are available. Those of you wanting official rosters with Jason Heyward can download them now.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jgofett @ 04/14/10 04:42 PM
Did they add any player portraits for guys like Austin Jackson, Sizemore,updated Johnny Damon pic with his D cap on? or others that were generic portrait before?

# 22 jgofett @ 04/14/10 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkswagen3
If you are starting a season or franchise with the online update, I recommend adding the audio to the players that were added in this update. Similar to previous years roster updates, newly added players don't have the audio added but most have their names available in the audio database.
how is this done?

# 23 Heelfan71 @ 04/14/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
If you are starting a season or franchise with the online update, I recommend adding the audio to the players that were added in this update. Similar to previous years roster updates, newly added players don't have the audio added but most have their names available in the audio database.
also all of them have the "Generic 1" batting stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgofett
how is this done?
Just load the roster and edit the player. THink you go to "Manage Roster" and select the player and then "Edit"

# 24 SolidSnake07 @ 04/14/10 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgofett
how is this done?

Go to "Edit Player" and were you see the players name right below it it gives you the option to search the audio of that name, first or last, but some names might not be available. I couldnt find Steven Srausburgs last name last week.

# 25 Bat @ 04/14/10 06:41 PM
Quote:
He is an A potential. I've read other posts about him being a B potential but on the update I downloaded at noon ET, he has A potential.
That is weird. I re-downloaded the rosters and he does have A potential.

# 26 TBRMKane @ 04/14/10 08:21 PM
Quote:
I've noticed Heyward and Austin Jackson (DET) don't need their audios added. Their names are automatically said by the announcers.

# 27 Howie5 @ 04/14/10 11:20 PM
I get the new rosters when I go online but then they're not there when I try to play an exhibition> Not sure how to keep them?

# 28 rmm41486 @ 04/14/10 11:25 PM
The only thing that bugs me when updating these rosters or knights rosters, is you lose the actual contract length each player has.

# 29 Heelfan71 @ 04/14/10 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie5
I get the new rosters when I go online but then they're not there when I try to play an exhibition> Not sure how to keep them?
in Sports Connect their is an option on one of the menus that says "save online rosters"

# 30 dtigers63 @ 04/15/10 12:09 AM
O.K., I've never seen this in a SCEA roster update before. Someone mentioned they redownloaded the file and saw Jason Heyward as an A potential. Well I decided to check the free aent list and was stunned. Heyward is in the free agent list but that wasn't the surprise. There are actually high level prospects such as Logan Morrison, Juan Castro and several others.
Now I have never seen this before where they have included prospects that don't have MLB experience. Can someone please check and make sure I'm not seing things? Again this was in the free agent listing and I didn't actually put any of these guys on their respective team but I will tell you the guys I saw listed had there names and positions correct.

# 31 brewersfan84 @ 04/15/10 12:19 AM
We also get Jim Edmonds with stats!!

# 32 JDL375 @ 04/15/10 12:50 AM
Did they add Mick Kelleher as the Yankees 1st base coach? Or are we still stuck with that 9 foot tall guy with the crazy facial hair? lol

# 33 M11x @ 04/15/10 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtigers63
O.K., I've never seen this in a SCEA roster update before. Someone mentioned they redownloaded the file and saw Jason Heyward as an A potential. Well I decided to check the free aent list and was stunned. Heyward is in the free agent list but that wasn't the surprise. There are actually high level prospects such as Logan Morrison, Juan Castro and several others.
Now I have never seen this before where they have included prospects that don't have MLB experience. Can someone please check and make sure I'm not seing things? Again this was in the free agent listing and I didn't actually put any of these guys on their respective team but I will tell you the guys I saw listed had there names and positions correct.
I remember last year before one of the patches corrected it; after loading Knights OS roster and then loading the online update, the 25 created players in Knights roster ended up in the free agent list.

# 34 andybaseball2005 @ 04/15/10 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRMKane
I've noticed Heyward and Austin Jackson (DET) don't need their audios added. Their names are automatically said by the announcers.
Yea same with Sizemore(Det), Lewis(Tex),Grudielanek(Cle), Lucy(CHW),Hensley(Fla),Lamb(Fla),Clement(Pit), Mather(STL), and Edmonds(Mil). All of these guys have commentary with their names.

# 35 texbuk84 @ 04/15/10 09:09 AM
Rosters look pretty good to me( without the correct minor lg names), I think we sometimes forget that this is a videogame!

# 36 Sweed @ 04/15/10 09:23 AM
Could someone please post Tyler Colvin's updated attributes?

Thanks.

# 37 oldman @ 04/15/10 11:05 AM
That is weird, I thought I was using some d/l rosters from spring training and in my franshise Jason Heyward is on the Braves. I am 80+ games in.

# 38 jethrotull @ 04/15/10 12:06 PM
How is Scott Sizemore a B potential and Austin Jackson a C potential? In the roster I downloaded Heyward was a B. I am wondering if anyone who got a chance to check the new rosters they downloaded after 12noon, if Austin Jackson and Sizemore were adjusted. I am figuring Sizemore should be a C/B, but Austin Jackson should be an A. He is hitting over .300 so far this season. Also was Heyward adjusted as well?

# 39 JaSnake16 @ 04/15/10 01:09 PM
Heywards power numbers are way too high. With those numbers you can sim his rookie season over and over and see him pop out 35 - 45 more than a few times. Is there anyone here who thinks thats really gonna happen? Especially with an A potential he may wind up with upper 90's power the way the game progresses (Bondsian territory), that could happen but think to yourself exactly how many players have hit 60 or more homers in the majors since its inception......Exactly.

# 40 x94blair33 @ 04/15/10 01:25 PM
In regard to Sizemore and Jackson (I've been waiting for them to start my franchise since they're integral to the Tigers)...the rosters I downloaded..the first franchise I started has Jackson as a "D" and Sizemore as a "C". So that's worse than previously reported.

Heyward is a "B".

It's not that I think Jackson or Sizemore is going to be a superstar. But they easily look like MLB regulars. Obviously the current attributes work with the potential. Neither Jackson nor Sizemore are that highly rated so I'm guessing they'll largely be capped at what they are now. Not sure about that.

-Nick

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.