Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers the ESPN integration.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, this is Greg Heddlesten and I’m a Designer for the NCAA® Football 11 team here at Tiburon. My main area of ownership is presentation and, as Roy mentioned in his previous blog, when we began work on NCAA 11 it was very important for us bring even more authenticity to the product and continue to blur the line between real life and the game. One of our first goals for this year’s title was to give our in-game presentation an upgrade with the audio and visuals of ESPN College Football.

Previously, we had only gotten our feet wet with ESPN integration by implementing the ESPN SportsCenter updates and the news ticker. But everyone here, as well as everyone on the forums, felt that the ESPN experience just wasn’t complete without the ESPN College Football theme music and the in-game visuals and presentation. We all got our first taste of what an ESPN style broadcast could bring to our college sports products in NCAA® Basketball 10. The excitement, imagery, and sounds they were able to implement gave their game an entirely new vibe. With that in mind, it was time for us to dive in and really give our in-game presentation a new coat of paint with the help of ESPN.

One of the cool things about working with ESPN on the visual side was we were able to see the new graphics package they were going to roll out in 2010 before everyone else. The general public got one of their first glances of this new visual style during the Bowl Season this past winter. It was really important for us to have the graphics in the game match what you would be seeing during the College Football season this year. The reference provided by ESPN really helped our artists replicate the look and UI animations you’ll see on television and help us continue to blur the line between NCAA Football 11 and watching a broadcast of ESPN College Football. So, without further delay, let’s take a closer look at what’s to come!"

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 MaizeHaze @ 04/16/10 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Up until now every time EA makes a blog or announces a new feature... or an improved feature, I have been like... really? Wow! So far everything has been really, really good. Finding out that the same three guys are in the booth really took the wind right out of the sails.

Is there a chance that link was wrong? What makes everyone so sure that person knows? Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part. However, if there are not more broadcasting teams this year then for 12 they need to make that goal number one.

Bring in several teams and have them all record different stuff. Make it as real as possible and give us some emotion. Hoping against all hope that we'll still be surprised.
I'm with you on this one. I'll wait to hear official word from ea.

# 182 parrish pinkney @ 04/16/10 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PunnnAdgS9Y

Notice the ticker on the bottom,and enjoy the video.

# 183 MaizeHaze @ 04/16/10 09:45 PM
Here's a question. When he talks about the monolith he says that "this is our take on the broadcast bumper" is he saying that they took a general idea of what espn does and added an ea twist to it or am I reading too much into that?

# 184 parrish pinkney @ 04/16/10 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
?? I don't get it.
thats how the ticker should look during game play

# 185 yanks26ngoin @ 04/16/10 10:24 PM
I'll wait to hear official work from EA that they wont be adding another crew. If that is true, then it will be dissappointing. I would hope that they dont because of them adding CBS presentation as well for games. But I highly doubt that.

I look at it this way though, at least I wont have to listen to Pam Ward butcher my Michigan games on my game too. Im still really scared that I may have to deal with Holtz and his BS. Ugh. If they add that College Football Scoreboard thing and use him, I'll be so mad. I cant deal with listening to him for a second. He annoys the crap out of me, and he really is not a fair or just analyst. Even if ND will have a terrible team, he'll say, "I really love ND thish year, they have a great team, and terrific playersh on both shidesh of the ball. They wont have any problemsh replashing Mr 4 Heishmansh at QB or replashing Tate at reshiever. They will be #1 in the pollsh at the end of the sheashon and be National Champhionsh!" Ugh. Holtz annoys the crap out of me, and is so bias its ridiculous. But this fits right along the lines of ESPN's College Football coverage, so Holtz is perfect for them. At least they've started to go to unbias coverage on College Football Live and College Gameday, though. But their coverage will never be fixed if they continue to absolutely destroy Michigan every chance they get and continue to use Drew Sharp or any of those fools for any Michigan analysis from local Michigan newspaper columnists. I mean, the paper that shall not be named constantly destroys RR and the program any chance it gets and it has a clear vendetta against Coach Rod and the program. It is obvious in their articles. I mean, their Michigan coverage has become tabloid like in that its so far from the truth its ridiculous. And even I, a New Yorker, knows this.

# 186 Hiro1 @ 04/16/10 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
"I really love ND thish year, they have a great team, and terrific playersh on both shidesh of the ball. They wont have any problemsh replashing Mr 4 Heishmansh at QB or replashing Tate at reshiever. They will be #1 in the pollsh at the end of the sheashon and be National Champhionsh!"
I LMAO'd

# 187 GaryT531 @ 04/16/10 10:51 PM
Quote:
I'll wait to hear official work from EA that they wont be adding another crew. If that is true, then it will be dissappointing. I would hope that they dont because of them adding CBS presentation as well for games. But I highly doubt that.

I look at it this way though, at least I wont have to listen to Pam Ward butcher my Michigan games on my game too. Im still really scared that I may have to deal with Holtz and his BS. Ugh. If they add that College Football Scoreboard thing and use him, I'll be so mad. I cant deal with listening to him for a second. He annoys the crap out of me, and he really is not a fair or just analyst. Even if ND will have a terrible team, he'll say, "I really love ND thish year, they have a great team, and terrific playersh on both shidesh of the ball. They wont have any problemsh replashing Mr 4 Heishmansh at QB or replashing Tate at reshiever. They will be #1 in the pollsh at the end of the sheashon and be National Champhionsh!" Ugh. Holtz annoys the crap out of me, and is so bias its ridiculous. But this fits right along the lines of ESPN's College Football coverage, so Holtz is perfect for them. At least they've started to go to unbias coverage on College Football Live and College Gameday, though. But their coverage will never be fixed if they continue to absolutely destroy Michigan every chance they get and continue to use Drew Sharp or any of those fools for any Michigan analysis from local Michigan newspaper columnists. I mean, the paper that shall not be named constantly destroys RR and the program any chance it gets and it has a clear vendetta against Coach Rod and the program. It is obvious in their articles. I mean, their Michigan coverage has become tabloid like in that its so far from the truth its ridiculous. And even I, a New Yorker, knows this.
I don't mind Lou Holtz, but in my opinion Trev Alberts > Lou Holtz. I liked Gameday slightly better when it was Rece, Trev, and Mark May. Although I don't really that much of a Mark May fan.

Bottom line is whatever, I'll take a college gameday scoreboard or in game studio with anyone, I'll just be happy and appreciate that it's in the game.

# 188 MaizeHaze @ 04/16/10 10:52 PM
I got to thinking about why they didn't release a video with the blog. I wonder if they are holding it back because they are waiting to announce "more presentation" like team entrances and pre-game atmosphere ie. players warming up. One can dream!

# 189 FroznYogurt @ 04/16/10 11:15 PM
Quote:
"I really love ND thish year, they have a great team, and terrific playersh on both shidesh of the ball. They wont have any problemsh replashing Mr 4 Heishmansh at QB or replashing Tate at reshiever. They will be #1 in the pollsh at the end of the sheashon and be National Champhionsh!"
Haha, I literally lol'd.

# 190 drlw322 @ 04/16/10 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaizeHaze
I got to thinking about why they didn't release a video with the blog. I wonder if they are holding it back because they are waiting to announce "more presentation" like team entrances and pre-game atmosphere ie. players warming up. One can dream!
that exactly. I said the same thing in the madden forum with NCAA nailed presentation thread.

# 191 MaizeHaze @ 04/16/10 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
that exactly. I said the same thing in the madden forum with NCAA nailed presentation thread.
I thought I was onto something lol! I hope we're both right!

# 192 BRice16 @ 04/16/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Wow really. Brad Nessler hardly does games anymore. Bummer
What? He does an ESPN game every Saturday night. Like, the primary ESPN game with Todd Blackledge and Erin Andrews. The ESPN primetime game.

# 193 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/17/10 12:11 AM
Well lets hope its more presentation to come for the the game.

# 194 rangerrick012 @ 04/17/10 03:14 AM
Quote:
I'm turning off commentary again. That's terrible that they're not adding another announcing team. Oh well, I like the PA announcer and the band music that I import anyway.
Really? You guys are all so freaking overreactionary. I don't have a problem w/ the same announce team, as long as they add new lines and completely different commetary. 3 team commentary isn't the answer if it gets old after 2 games or so. I'd love to have more detailed commentary, even if it's just one announce team.

# 195 MEAST26 @ 04/17/10 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
SEC on CBS.
Right. And like I said I love CBS broadcasts and would love to have them in the game at some point. But it's not as if SEC games are broadcasted on CBS and CBS only. So IMO it'd be a better idea to first put in the different ESPN broadcasts that show games of every BCS conference, and also some non BCS conferences, as opposed to recreating an entirely different broadcast style that does maybe 20 games a season, almost all of them limited to 1 conference.

If you're not an SEC team, you would almost never see this broadcast, and even some SEC teams go full seasons without a CBS game.

# 196 Cusefan @ 04/17/10 08:52 AM
Quote:
I stop listening to that crap in '08. The PA announcer gives it a more realistic feel than those announcers that I've been listening to for 9 years now. Completely different commentary?

Settle down.
It is time for a change, The commentary may have to most lines in any sports game, but its just that we have been hearing it for so long. If NCAA 11 was the First NCAA Game you ever played, you would think the commentary was amazing.

# 197 ZoneKIller @ 04/17/10 09:37 AM
^^ I agree with the poster above me and the poster above him.First time I saw someone complain about these guys I was like man I wonder if they ever played Madden with the robot guy talking.This is crazy.I love the commentary in NCAA.You guys better watch what you wish for,I remember when Everybody complained every year about John Madden.Now look what we have had since.A 1 show Radio guy and now a robotic sounding guy.All because people complained about Pat and John.Well I think it was Pat.Id take those old commentaries any day in Madden.You guys are going to keep on till one day when you get the robot guy from the old C-C-C coke commercials. you know Max Headroom

# 198 countryboy @ 04/17/10 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Eh, I'm fine with the same three guys... they never really bothered me in the first place. Give them some new lines to coincide with the new ESPN stuff and I'm good to go.
agreed.

# 199 SageInfinite @ 04/17/10 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Eh, I'm fine with the same three guys... they never really bothered me in the first place. Give them some new lines to coincide with the new ESPN stuff and I'm good to go.
Yea I'm fine with the same guys as long as they update the commentary or technology behind it. Give us some replay commentary where they comment on the play, some more pre game and post game and I'm good.

# 200 canes21 @ 04/17/10 10:52 AM
The commentary does get old and they really don't add that many lines. I remember skipping 08, then buying 09 and I still could say just about every line word for word. It is good commentary and a good team, its just the lines are so old now most know 80% of them. I wouldn't mind having the same team as long as we saw them add a lot more lines this year to add to the presentation. As long as they keep away from Tom Hammond, I am fine.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.