Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers the ESPN integration.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, this is Greg Heddlesten and I’m a Designer for the NCAA® Football 11 team here at Tiburon. My main area of ownership is presentation and, as Roy mentioned in his previous blog, when we began work on NCAA 11 it was very important for us bring even more authenticity to the product and continue to blur the line between real life and the game. One of our first goals for this year’s title was to give our in-game presentation an upgrade with the audio and visuals of ESPN College Football.

Previously, we had only gotten our feet wet with ESPN integration by implementing the ESPN SportsCenter updates and the news ticker. But everyone here, as well as everyone on the forums, felt that the ESPN experience just wasn’t complete without the ESPN College Football theme music and the in-game visuals and presentation. We all got our first taste of what an ESPN style broadcast could bring to our college sports products in NCAA® Basketball 10. The excitement, imagery, and sounds they were able to implement gave their game an entirely new vibe. With that in mind, it was time for us to dive in and really give our in-game presentation a new coat of paint with the help of ESPN.

One of the cool things about working with ESPN on the visual side was we were able to see the new graphics package they were going to roll out in 2010 before everyone else. The general public got one of their first glances of this new visual style during the Bowl Season this past winter. It was really important for us to have the graphics in the game match what you would be seeing during the College Football season this year. The reference provided by ESPN really helped our artists replicate the look and UI animations you’ll see on television and help us continue to blur the line between NCAA Football 11 and watching a broadcast of ESPN College Football. So, without further delay, let’s take a closer look at what’s to come!"

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 fincane @ 04/15/10 11:19 PM
So day games happen right? Whatever the circumstances. Not like for whatever reason there will never be another day game in Tiger Stadium. You telling me if Alabama and LSU are top five teams this season CBS wouldn't move that game if it suited them? LSU and the Vols is the same day as Florida v. Alabama. Possible CBS doubleheader that day. Who gets the primetime slot? Point is. Despite what LSU wants, they'll bend to the will of CBS and the all-powerful TV dollar if it comes down to it. If they play day games, then that should be possible in the game.

# 102 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 04/15/10 11:40 PM
I think that's def Cowboys Stadium n they did that on purpose for us to discuss n speculate, so when they do say something about it they feel like their giving us a little extra.....the shots look great n can't wait to see a full fledge video!

# 103 z Revis @ 04/15/10 11:44 PM
Great news. Can't wait to see some gameplay video of actual game footage with the ESPN presentation.

# 104 rynecandy @ 04/15/10 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I dunno. It's a cool addition, but I don't find this particularly exciting...at least not in the "I'm sold!!!" kind of way a lot of people are. It's a nice addition, but there's no info on whether or not presentation quality has been improved. If it's the same types of overlays, lackluster commentary, etc but just with ESPN slapped on it with a few added broadcast wipes, is it really so much better?

I'm not knocking the addition at all and am glad it's being done, but I'm more intrigued about what's to come than this news itself. If it's this AND some type of pregame, post-game, or half-time additions or some revamped commentary, then I may start getting excited. It is a nice addition though.
I agree with this. They made a big deal of the CBS/ESPN integration in the college hoops game and it turned out to be heavily flawed IMO...most people still consider a 3 year old college bball game better.

# 105 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/16/10 12:45 AM
Im likeing what Im seeing for now just keep it coming Devs team.

# 106 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/16/10 12:56 AM
Okay...I had one a dem organisms. This is being pre-ordered tomorrow.

# 107 rangerrick012 @ 04/16/10 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
I agree with this. They made a big deal of the CBS/ESPN integration in the college hoops game and it turned out to be heavily flawed IMO...most people still consider a 3 year old college bball game better.
Exactly. You can have all the pretty presentation you want, as NCAA 10 had, but if the gameplay isn't there, it takes away at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, it's great that they are adding this, but I'm not going to go all "OMG I CRAPPED MY PANTZ!!!" like some in here seem to be. But hey, same thing every year w/ EA. I'm just a bit more patient this time around before I start hailing this as the 2nd coming. Call me cynical, I guess.

And the way some are talking up locomotion is the same way people were talking about pro-tak last year, so I'm still waiting to see exactly what else besides locomotion is improved gameplay wise.

# 108 GhNike034 @ 04/16/10 01:59 AM
the espn presentation is great but id really like see them add cbs as well. i think they are short changing the present if they dont add it. the sec and cbs go hand in hand. the sec is the best football conference in america and without cbs broadcast it just doesnt seem right.

# 109 duckfever8 @ 04/16/10 02:13 AM
Please add Gameday, team entrances, etc.
And multiple broadcast crews

If they do, I will not put this game down for a week

# 110 mgoblue678 @ 04/16/10 02:30 AM
Really nice addition along with locomotion but I still need to see the game in action and hear some of the other game play changes that have been made in future blogs, before I am completely sold. Regardless the first couple of blogs this year have been a lot better than last year.

I think people calling this the best sports game ever already are really jumping the gun though, we haven't even see the game in motion yet. There is still a game out there called the Show that I am sure will be even better than it already is when the The Show 11 comes out.

# 111 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/16/10 03:35 AM
If they put in real time injuries its will be the best NCAA of all time.

# 112 MEAST26 @ 04/16/10 04:14 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand people saying that this game needs CBS presentation too. Don't get me wrong I think CBS presentation is great and would be awesome to have in the game, but how often would this be used? It's great for NCAA Basketball because CBS usually does the big games weekly and, obviously, they do the entire tourney. But for this game pretty much the only times it would be used is if you're a top SEC team, playing against one, or if you're in the SEC Champ game/one of CBS's few bowl games. If you're going to have multiple broadcasts, wouldn't it be better to just have some of the different ESPN broadcasts (ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, whatever else they have)? I know next to nothing about designing/developing games, but it seems like that would save time and space since those broadcasts are basically the same aside from commentary, as opposed to putting in a CBS broadcast that is completely different and that would not be used nearly as much as the ESPN one would.

Anyways, I love the info that has been released so far. Even if some things don't work perfectly, it atleast seems like they're trying this year. I was initially going to wait till NCAA 12 to buy this game again because I didn't think they could make the necessary improvements this game needs to be great again in just 1 year, but now I'm reconsidering...

# 113 billysims @ 04/16/10 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Hi Greg, it's your bestest friend Tarheel (Montoya4UNC from the EA Forums)....just thought I'd give you something to help you blur the lines of a NCAA telecast. Seeing locomotion and those graphics with a broadcast cam...wow
Haha! Subtle & slick, 'Heel! Love it...

Lets hope this game gets a broadcast angle!

# 114 Watson @ 04/16/10 07:22 AM
I hate broadcast cam in football games.

I'd use a few times just to see how it feels, but make it selectable if you do out it in

# 115 Watson @ 04/16/10 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAST26
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand people saying that this game needs CBS presentation too. Don't get me wrong I think CBS presentation is great and would be awesome to have in the game, but how often would this be used? It's great for NCAA Basketball because CBS usually does the big games weekly and, obviously, they do the entire tourney. But for this game pretty much the only times it would be used is if you're a top SEC team, playing against one, or if you're in the SEC Champ game/one of CBS's few bowl games. If you're going to have multiple broadcasts, wouldn't it be better to just have some of the different ESPN broadcasts (ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, whatever else they have)? I know next to nothing about designing/developing games, but it seems like that would save time and space since those broadcasts are basically the same aside from commentary, as opposed to putting in a CBS broadcast that is completely different and that would not be used nearly as much as the ESPN one would.

Anyways, I love the info that has been released so far. Even if some things don't work perfectly, it atleast seems like they're trying this year. I was initially going to wait till NCAA 12 to buy this game again because I didn't think they could make the necessary improvements this game needs to be great again in just 1 year, but now I'm reconsidering...
SEC on CBS.

# 116 Crimsontide27 @ 04/16/10 07:25 AM
I have been critical of Madden and Ncaa of late, but I cant blame them for not wasting time for a broadcast camera.

Football games are just simply not playable in that view. There are 22 people on the field and you wouldnt be able to see any recievers, there would be zero running game in the inside because you couldnt see holes open up..etc. There is just way too many people on a small field to be cramed into a view like that.

# 117 Watson @ 04/16/10 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fincane
So day games happen right? Whatever the circumstances. Not like for whatever reason there will never be another day game in Tiger Stadium. You telling me if Alabama and LSU are top five teams this season CBS wouldn't move that game if it suited them? LSU and the Vols is the same day as Florida v. Alabama. Possible CBS doubleheader that day. Who gets the primetime slot? Point is. Despite what LSU wants, they'll bend to the will of CBS and the all-powerful TV dollar if it comes down to it. If they play day games, then that should be possible in the game.
Well, first off, the game times should be changeable.

Second off, i'm pretty positive 100% of LSU fans will agree with me on this.

# 118 Behindshadows @ 04/16/10 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I hate broadcast cam in football games.

I'd use a few times just to see how it feels, but make it selectable if you do out it in
Yeah I don't see how it will benefit in football, considering you can't see up field, unless the camera pulls back during the hike.

I love Tarheel's comparison screenshots though, those are pretty nice. Should have shown Live 10's broadcast camera instead of 2k's. It's more accurate to the real life shot...

# 119 SHO-OFF @ 04/16/10 07:42 AM
YES YES FINALLY. REAL USE OF ESPN. NCAA 11 MIGHT BE THE GAME OF THE YEAR. I HOPE IT JUST GETS BETTER. THANKS FINALLY..

# 120 davep @ 04/16/10 09:40 AM
Sounds good and glad they put it in finally...but NCAA 10 (basketball) had it too and look how that game did.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.