Home
Backbreaker News Post

Very anxious for this conference call. The call should start in an hour, I'll have a live blog set up in this space for then. Check back early and often!

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 101 clownbaby @ 04/21/10 12:31 AM
Backbreaker will function similar to the introduction of the iPod into the music industry.

The first edition was very simple and lacked features. But the one thing it could do, it did very well. The next few years will introduce injuries, fatigue, etc. These are all secondary to gameplay, unlike EA Sports games.

If the first iPod had a camera and a touch screen but no music player, it would've probably sold very well due to what I call 'fanboys'... They/You buy whatever their corporate daddy's put on their/your plate and, in turn, they/you are completely happy. This sums up Madden/NCAA's success... coupled with a cutthroat corporate strategy.

I'm sure BB will be firing on all cylinders by the time EA's exclusive contract with the NFL expires... At least I hope... When does it expire?... Does it have an expiration date?

# 102 kjcheezhead @ 04/21/10 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownbaby
Backbreaker will function similar to the introduction of the iPod into the music industry.

The first edition was very simple and lacked features. But the one thing it could do, it did very well. The next few years will introduce injuries, fatigue, etc. These are all secondary to gameplay, unlike EA Sports games.

If the first iPod had a camera and a touch screen but no music player, it would've probably sold very well due to what I call 'fanboys'... They/You buy whatever their corporate daddy's put on their/your plate and, in turn, they/you are completely happy. This sums up Madden/NCAA's success... coupled with a cutthroat corporate strategy.

I'm sure BB will be firing on all cylinders by the time EA's exclusive contract with the NFL expires... At least I hope... When does it expire?... Does it have an expiration date?
2012. It would give Backbreaker a 2 year developement cycle for a sequel. Hopefully the NFL will reconsider exclusivity since 2k also seems poised to make an attempt at paying for the license that year.

# 103 LeonM @ 04/21/10 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
YOU'RE IN MY MINORITY, SIR!! WELL SAID. I hope your post enlightens the Backbreaker Bashers (why do they wade around in this forum anyway?).
Thanks for the response.

I am cool with guys critcizing Backbreaker after they play it if they really don't like it. The Backbreaker bashing doesn't make sense to me. If you are making intelligent points against some of the features in the game or lack thereof, That's one thing but there are a few trolls out there that are rooting for this game to fail. They spend way too much time here killing a game that hasn't even been played yet.

It doesn't really make sense to me. Even if you are a big EA supporter, You should root for Backbreaker to be a good game. It would only make the EA football games better if they have some real competition.

Truth is that Backbreaker can't compete with EA. EA is a monster in the industry. Backbreaker is the underdog. It's the little euphoria engine that could. It doesn't make sense to root against the game.

I play EA games and I like them to a certain extent but I am really looking forward to playing an alternative football game that is not an arcade or unrealistic game. No Blood Bowl or Blitz with Backbreaker. No matter what perception some people are trying to create. Backbreaker is nothing like Blitz or Blood Bowl or Backyard football or NFL street or whatever other arcade football game that people want to try and pretend that this game is striving to be. Ok, I got that off my chest.

# 104 Danimal @ 04/21/10 01:12 AM
I'm closing this thread down instead of handing out a dozen infractions. You guys were warned but you can't seem to act in a mature manner. WeAreAllWitnesses and JayBee anymore BS and you'll both be spending time away from this forum.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.