Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

For those that like to skip over the Madden NFL 11 press release, here is something worth noting.

Madden NFL 11 will redefine videogame football for both veteran and rookie players by providing a Simpler, Quicker and Deeper experience:
  • Simpler: Call plays like an NFL coach with ease using an all-new play-calling system, GameFlow, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you.
  • Quicker: The new play-calling system will enable players to spend more time on the field and less in the playbook - completing games in half of the time.
  • Deeper: Madden NFL 11 is feature-rich, with improved animations and control options, enhanced online functionality, and new broadcast and audio presentation that delivers the NFL experience fans have come to expect.

Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 djordan @ 04/22/10 11:15 AM
The third bullet is what caught my eye. I hope the stadium specific sounds are in Madden 11. Also I hope Todd Hammond is out and someone else is in (Gus Johnson).

# 2 rooney8 @ 04/22/10 11:18 AM
How can you say deeper without even metioning franchise mode. That's the measure of how deep the game is.

# 3 huskerwr38 @ 04/22/10 11:22 AM
Those really got my attention. I can't wait to see what the presentation is like and I am really interested to see how we can complete a game in half the time.

# 4 ch46647 @ 04/22/10 11:22 AM
" New Broadcast and AUDIO PRESENTATION"

This has me FIRED up! Hopefully it is done correctly and the crowd is AWESOME and the commentary is full of excitement and energy. Its about time they bring some life into this game! I believe the new announcer will be Gus Johnson. Cant get much better then him IMO.

Since they are putting "audio" as one of the back of the box features I have to assume they put a major emphasis on it this year. This will make a world of difference in the immersion factor.

# 5 NoTiCe_O @ 04/22/10 11:23 AM
I like what I'm hearing, but i dont want the game to execute a gameplan for me. I wanna be able to pick my own plays and use my own style, no matter how long it takes. Hopefully its just like a ask madden feature, and that i can still go about picking plays how i want.

# 6 gr18 @ 04/22/10 11:24 AM
Certainly nothing very exciting there.I'd wait to see how things are implemented before I would be thinking there's a huge upgrade.

# 7 PBlast @ 04/22/10 11:28 AM
It's hard to be optimistic about new Madden's these days, but this does sound pretty promising. I'm guessing when they say "Deeper" they are referring more to gameplay than franchise, which is good and bad. I myself have always loved offline franchise mode, but I think the general consensus is that they are focusing more on online now. To me, if these just make some general improvements with offline franchise (sim stats, draft logic, etc) then I'll be a happy camper. Oh well, still some time before release, hope to see some gameplay vids and hear some more detailed info soon!

# 8 sniperhare @ 04/22/10 11:28 AM
Don't work on extra filler like presentation until you fix the core gameplay.The interaction between the two lines and the blocking AI are atrocious and should have been fixed in 2007.

Work on offline franchise and gameplay and you would see record sales and people wouldn't sell the game back to gamestop after a few months.

Add future trades for picks, RFA's and compensatory picks, an 80 man offseason roster and practice squads.

# 9 rudyjuly2 @ 04/22/10 11:29 AM
"Simpler, quicker, deeper" - I thought that was Tiger Woods' new motto!

Just kidding. The play calling system seems interesting. I'd like to see how they implement it. For one, it would be nice to have more than 3 plays to call on the screen.

# 10 djordan @ 04/22/10 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Don't work on extra filler like presentation until you fix the core gameplay.The interaction between the two lines and the blocking AI are atrocious and should have been fixed in 2007.

Work on offline franchise and gameplay and you would see record sales and people wouldn't sell the game back to gamestop after a few months.

Add future trades for picks, RFA's and compensatory picks, an 80 man offseason roster and practice squads.
I would be a Millionaire if I received $1 every time someone says this infamous line in bold...LOL!

# 11 ch46647 @ 04/22/10 11:34 AM
Can any of our CD guys comment on the audio? Particularly the crowd? Is it loud, does the crowd react to appropriate situations on the field? Has it surpassed an NBA Live or NHL 10 quality?

# 12 rudyjuly2 @ 04/22/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I hope the play call system is like what was in 2k5, your most ran plays automatically was stored in favorites and you could just go to them quickly. I also hope they include the click the right stick on a play and it will tell you how many times you've ran that play and your average.
I'd love to see the audible system of 2K5. Four different preset plays based on formation along with a play chart iirc.

# 13 Valdarez @ 04/22/10 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I hope the stadium specific sounds are in Madden 11.
No, those were added in M10.

I hope we have camera slider options. The default camera settings in Madden don't present the game in the best light.

# 14 rudyjuly2 @ 04/22/10 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I hope we have camera slider options. The default camera settings in Madden don't present the game in the best light.
Couldn't agree more. I didn't like any of the camera options in Madden 10 or NCAA 10.

# 15 lgxjames @ 04/22/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
The third bullet is what caught my eye. I hope the stadium specific sounds are in Madden 11. Also I hope Todd Hammond is out and someone else is in (Gus Johnson).
agreed, man i hope they really improved it this year

# 16 kjcheezhead @ 04/22/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
No, those were added in M10.

There was new and improved commentary in Madden 10 as well. Chris and Tom spent a lot of time in the studio together recording lines.

Just saying.

I'll wait till I see what they mean before I get excited about anything.

# 17 Gossennator @ 04/22/10 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Just kidding. The play calling system seems interesting. I'd like to see how they implement it. For one, it would be nice to have more than 3 plays to call on the screen.

I hope this makes selecting personnel packages easier and less time consuming.

# 18 TracerBullet @ 04/22/10 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Good one.

# 19 Gossennator @ 04/22/10 12:18 PM
I dont like the actual picture of Brees seems like they could have done a better job but I do like the dome and fans in the background though

# 20 TheWatcher @ 04/22/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I hope the play call system is like what was in 2k5.
I just hope it's like 2K5 (and tons of to other games) where the playcall screen doesn't cover up post-play and cut scenes. I'd hate to see another year of work on that negated by such a bad judgement call. I'm looking forward to that first video so I can see if this mistake has been eliminated.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.