Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has just posted an early peek into Madden NFL 11's quarterback ratings.

Quote:
"EA Sports held its annual pre-draft luncheon today and I was in attendance to take in the sights, sounds, and the ridiculous amount of NFL talent on-stage. Before the crowd sat a panel of former (and one current) NFL superstars that included Sterling Sharpe, who acted as host, Joe Montana, Dan Marino and Drew Brees.

It was a real treat to see three outstanding quarterbacks sitting next to one another discussing the game that they dedicated their lives to, but the real focus of the day was "Building the Ultimate Quarterback in Madden." To do this, they revealed the top six attributes when it comes to defining a quarterback's overall rating, which quarterback held the top mark for each attribute, and -- last but not least -- EA Sports revealed the top ten quarterbacks in Madden NFL 11."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 splff3000 @ 04/23/10 06:31 AM
WTF? Did Jamarcus's arm fall off? How did Stafford's arm strength get better than his? This is what frustrates me sometimes. In the last roster update, JR had the highest throwing power, I believe. I know it was higher than Stafford's. So what happened between now and then? Nothing. So why is Stafford's thp the highest in the game now? Because the devs just want it to be. There's no other explanantion. Besides that, what did Stafford do last year to even be considered for having the highest thp? If I had to concede it to someone, it would definitely be Jay Cutler.

# 22 Tengo Juego @ 04/23/10 06:38 AM
Quote:
Top Ten Quarterbacks in Madden NFL 11 by Overall Rating
4. Aaron Rodgers

I found it humoring that the NFL greats questioned a lot of EA's reasonings for ratings, or how they rated a particular player...
Quote:
Marino, Montana and Brees pretty much all disagreed with Madden's assessment of Young as the most agile quarterback, but chances are they've never tried to stop the guy from the other side of the ball.
Quote:
On a different note, no one on stage could wrap their head around how the Madden development team defined stamina and used it in their game. I'm not sure what was so difficult about it.
Quote:
The other guys didn't seem to agree that Stafford had the best arm in the league. Brees and Marino thought Jay Cutler deserved the honor as he really does have a cannon.
EDIT: Also, another note to mention is at the very end Ahearn let us know:
Quote:
We'll have more on Madden NFL 11 very soon, with my full hands-on preview hitting the 'Net on Monday, April 26th.

# 23 Senator Palmer @ 04/23/10 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
WTF? Did Jamarcus's arm fall off? How did Stafford's arm strength get better than his?
This right here and disconnect between what the NFL QB's thought was important and what EA puts it's weight behind has irked me for years and might be at the heart of the problem because Madden has turned into a game where speed and things like THP overrule the nuances that give a "supposed" slow player like Jerry Rice or a pop-gunned arm quarterback like Montana the edge over their competition.

How many of us would take a quarterback or wr high in the draft if we see an 85 speed rating or a 83 thp? I like that they've finally stretched the ratings out, but more weight should be thrown behind agility and acceleration for receivers, because I've seen a guy like Marques Colston beat guys on a streak but can't get it going in Madden.

And you're 100% right on Russell. EA seems to tie performance behind a player's physical gifts. Like Brady going from a 92thp to a 99thp the year he throws 50 tds, or Cedric Benson beginning the year with 85 spd, then when he started to break out, he's tweaked to 89 spd.

Here's hoping Drew Brees, 88 thp, doesn't wind up with 99 thp in the game (for the record he's always been underrated - should be 90)

# 24 SouthernBrick @ 04/24/10 06:30 PM
Rivers @ number 5.

Me like.

I wouldn't be surprised If the only thing separating Rivers from being over or tied with Rodgers is speed.

# 25 thedude213 @ 04/24/10 07:40 PM
I'm a little surprised they have Aaron Rodgers as the 4th best QB in the game. He must be mid 90's in rating.

# 26 canes21 @ 04/24/10 08:26 PM
Its not really surprising seeing him that high. he really is turning into a great QB. He had like 19 TDs and 0 INTs in the redzone a year or two ago if I remember correctly. I say he is a 94 while Tom brady is a 96, Brees a 97, and Peyton a 99. I don't like that though.

I wish the best QB in the game had a 96 rating. Those high 90's guys should be rare talent. Yea, Peyton is rare talent, but I say a 96 or 96 is the highest he should go. A 99 is a QB who can pass as good as him and scramble like Vick.

I know I am off topic now, but I think ratings need to be even more spread apart. Adrian Peterson deserves a 95-96. He is a great RB and one of the best all time in my opinion. But he is not as fast as Madden has him. He is a fast RB, but he is a lot more powerful of a back with good speed. A 99 is a back with his strength and CJ's speed.

You guys getting my drift? A 99 should be the best of the best in all categories.

# 27 SuperChargers @ 04/24/10 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
WTH?!?!?!? Does EA even LOOK at stats????

BTW, i'm guessing a 75 or lower ovr. for Russell!!! And thats being generous on their part...
Russell will be lucky to hit the 65 mark. 75 is reserved for the Jason Campbell's or the Matt Hasselbeck's of the league

# 28 SuperChargers @ 04/24/10 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
I'm a little surprised they have Aaron Rodgers as the 4th best QB in the game. He must be mid 90's in rating.
i see him as a second tier of the madden qb's him and Rivers will probably be low 90's

# 29 ShimSham @ 04/24/10 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
You may be right, and to me speed should absolutely have no affect on a QB's OVR rating - here that EA ZERO effect on OVR.

Should be maybe 2% of QBs OVR rating at the highest!
Well Rodgers is pretty fast and he's rushed for roughly 10 TDs and a ton of yardage in the past two years and a big part of that is because he's fast.

I don't think it should be weighed in too heavily to the overall score, but I'd say it has its place.

# 30 ShimSham @ 04/24/10 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChargers
i see him as a second tier of the madden qb's him and Rivers will probably be low 90's
Both Rodgers and Rivers are rated 93 according to PastaPadre.

# 31 jeremym480 @ 04/24/10 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Aaron Rodgers #4.

I love it. And I love that he's above Favre. Means nothing, but it still makes me happy.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
WTH?!?!?!? Does EA even LOOK at stats???? http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aemlins/y1.gif

BTW, i'm guessing a 75 or lower ovr. for Russell!!! And thats being generous on their part...
Hopefully EA keeps doing a good job with stretched ratingS like last year. If so, a 75 rating is actually a pretty good rating. Russell should be between 55-60, IMO.

# 32 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 04/24/10 11:17 PM
This is what I hate about EA. I guess Russles arm all of a sudden got weaker. He has the strongest arm in the league. Just because he sucks really, really bad doesn't mean you take away his physical gifts. I feel madden changes people physical gifts to make them play better because the rest of their ratings don't work good enough to show that a player is better. So to make tat player better then another they change their physical gifts.

# 33 SouthernBrick @ 04/24/10 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimSham
Both Rodgers and Rivers are rated 93 according to PastaPadre.
I was going to say earlier they could have been tied but, I wasn't sure. Sometimes they will have guys tied but, still one below the other. I'm surprised he isn't beating him by a point or 2 in OVR but, of course Overall doesn't mean jack.

# 34 T3B0W @ 04/25/10 12:43 AM
On a side note, looking forward to this Game Flow feature.

Loved the read and I missed the Drew Brees interview which I took in too.

# 35 Bballplaya72 @ 04/25/10 03:58 AM
McNabb ahead of Romo is absolute crap.

Seriously crap.

# 36 blitzkrieger @ 04/25/10 11:24 AM
Wow my boy ARod is #4 .. Way to gooooo !

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.