Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pacman83 @ 04/23/10 12:51 AM
Kool...

Thx, its not out here on the west coast.

Edit: Looks like it runs a lot smoother, the animations haven't changed, some are still ugly, but wadduya expect? Looks like improvement on the field, but its still the same engine, so only gonna be so good.

# 2 Pass_The_Cows @ 04/23/10 12:53 AM
If I'm being 100% honest I think the gameplay clips from the tv show actually looked WORSE than Madden 10...

Also I'm assuming they aren't completely ditching full playbooks right? I better have the choice to call my own plays rather than have them all called for me ala superstar mode.

# 3 Bgamer90 @ 04/23/10 12:53 AM
Man... that was pretty disappointing in terms of what I expected to see. Everything said in the trailer was already said except for the fact that you can hear coaches via headset (which i guess is pretty cool).

I honestly have to watch the vid online to see how the animations look because it was so short and most of it was just the players coming out of the huddle. The juking/spinning looked improved but yeah... this "debut" was more so for the gameflow feature instead of the locomotion system.

# 4 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/10 12:53 AM
I though it look it look good to be very honest. To many people are getting to ahead of themselves. It's only in Alpha Build right now. Plenty of time to tune and tweak it.

# 5 WeLLWeLL @ 04/23/10 12:54 AM
Thought it looked alright. Obviously not much will change visually because it is a yearly release. Hell, besides some polish, NCAA and Madden never really change in looks whether that be this gen or last gen. Hopefully improvements are made, but right now people are overreacting for the sake of overreacting.

# 6 djordan @ 04/23/10 12:54 AM
DAMNIT!!!...**** looked like Madden 10 on some real...Dunno ughh....NUKE THE DAMN ENGINE IAN NUKE IT DAMNIT!!!!...TIRED OF THE ROBOT *** TERMINATOR RUNNING!!!

# 7 HarkTheSound @ 04/23/10 12:55 AM
Can I get a link? On my itouch.

# 8 Bgamer90 @ 04/23/10 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
Also I'm assuming they aren't completely ditching full playbooks right? I better have the choice to call my own plays rather than have them all called for me ala superstar mode.
No they would never do that.

TONS of people (including me) would get upset/mad.

# 9 lgxjames @ 04/23/10 12:55 AM
Quote:
If I'm being 100% honest I think the gameplay clips from the tv show actually looked WORSE than Madden 10...

There was a option that said full playbook

# 10 Football4lyfe @ 04/23/10 12:55 AM
smh....not very impressed at all

# 11 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/10 12:55 AM
Quote:

I'm not 100% sure yet. But I think the one play option for no huddle only. They will still give full playbook when you go into huddle.

# 12 Mcees4life @ 04/23/10 12:56 AM
it looked ok. Nothing to special but its still early. One thing that makes me happy is that Gus Johnson is the new play by play announcer. If he's doing the voice over for the new features, that means that he's in the game. The upgrade in presentation with a new broadcast team may be worthy of a purchase alone

# 13 bigsmallwood @ 04/23/10 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I though it look it look good to be very honest. To many people are getting to ahead of themselves. It's only in Alpha Build right now. Plenty of time to tune and tweak it.
Good sir let's be honest here, this game in THIS video at least, looks exactly like Madden 10. And there was nothing in there that showed a true difference between Madden 10 and 11. I know you like to pump this Alhpa Build thing, but at some point we have to call a spade a spade....why would EA want to show off an Alpha Build before a National Audience....wouldn't they want to show a polished product...just makes more business sense. I'm not dissing you, but just asking you to really be honest here for a minute.

# 14 huskerwr38 @ 04/23/10 12:57 AM
I really really like the animations from what I saw. Especially the Reggie Bush juke was just awesome! Also, the first play when Brees threw to Pierre Thomas out of the backfield, I fully expected him to just go out of bounds but he kept himself inbounds! I really like it from the first impression.

# 15 Nadal @ 04/23/10 12:57 AM
Looked like a slightly smoother Madden NFL 10 to me. Animations looked slightly smoother...etc, but the game looked damn near identical during the gameplay camera.

Also, the receivers still ran jerky routes.

The "every football game before it" tag line is purely for marketing. With animations like that, it doesn't make every game before it obsolete. Backbreaker and APF 2K8, which both may overall not be as good as Madden NFL 11, clearly have superior animations.

# 16 schnaidt1 @ 04/23/10 12:57 AM
biggest thing i noticed was the speculation that Ea implemented some sort of broadcast integration using gus johnson (cbs) kinda went out the window with the first video showing the same old ea banners as usual.....sigh!

# 17 Hiro1 @ 04/23/10 12:57 AM
I dont like the motto this year. simpler, blah blah, deeper" Why did they ask Madden's old (expletive) what he thought lol. jk I loved the lean back juke moves though. Those were pretty cool to see. Im still optimistic.

# 18 Jono078 @ 04/23/10 12:58 AM
I don't get the overreactions from the other thread.

Somethings looked neat to me and others looked same as 10. But for first video it was solid and doesnt warrant the calls it got from the other thread.

# 19 NELL86 @ 04/23/10 12:58 AM
I think after that trailer so far im a keep my 60 bucks unless i see dramatic change in the next two months im not gettin fooled by EA again

# 20 lgxjames @ 04/23/10 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Like seriously!!!...tho I will say, its way to much attn being given to online (i know thats not true because ppl love online) but im getting weary Offline franchise will fail

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.