Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Kramer5150 @ 04/23/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
That's the thing though... there wasn't much actual in-game gameplay in the vid to show off animations well.

The trailer was more so showing of the gameflow feature.

This trailer (IMO) should be used as more of a way to talk about gameflow's implementation than anything else (especially not how the game as a whole will be)...

That's just me though I guess.
Color it however you want,but when showing off "features" it also calls for gamplay to show said "features".
I don't care about these things,I know what I want to see,and I did NOT see it,so therefore for me it's a no buy.

When the fundamentals can't even be implemented correctly,all these "fluff features" are absolutely worthless to me. Every year is the same thing,and I absolutely refuse to go down this "road" again.

# 62 carnalnirvana @ 04/23/10 01:31 AM
defenders still turned on a dime to drop back into coverage, linemen still turned aimlessly and the pocket was BAD

ball carrier locomotion looks good everyone else looks the same...........

# 63 SteelerSpartan @ 04/23/10 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Note quite true, there are players asking for in game saves. No word on that though. Seems like there's a disconnect between product management and the consumer, even with devs on the forums.

Yeah thats what Im thinking.....games too long????, well then why not get back your good ole in game-saves??

Instead they spend god knows how much dev time on this other casual crowd stuff

Im never going to intentionally use that stuff ever.....now in-game saves....pretty good chance

# 64 Valdarez @ 04/23/10 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
--While I understand that EA is trying to cater to the casual fan through a simpler, quicker experience, I just don't think that slogan is great for marketing.
It's definitely the weakest marketing speak I have seen from the Madden team in a long, long time. Ending it on Deeper? I don't know about you guys, but only one thing comes to mind when I hear the word Deeper, and it would be filtered if I typed it on the forum.

# 65 Valdarez @ 04/23/10 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Yeah thats what Im thinking.....games too long????, well then why not your good ol in game-saves??

Im never going to intentionally use that stuff ever.....now in-game saves....pretty good chance
Yep. This is why you need good Product Managers. They need to know their users/customers. It doesn't look like EA does at the moment.

# 66 Goffs @ 04/23/10 01:34 AM
new animations? i have a feeling that its going to take me one full game to see them all...i wish they would take the 2k route and just go crazy and add a TON of animations...hell when 2k was around they used say stuff like we "added over 600 animations ingame"

Madden 10 was pretty boring in that department since i knew what animations were going to play out...

# 67 Jukeman @ 04/23/10 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Yeah thats what Im thinking.....games too long????, well then why not get back your good ole in game-saves??

Online..

# 68 carnalnirvana @ 04/23/10 01:36 AM
i think they know their target audience well. most fans are casual and are eating up this trailer.....

we are the minority

# 69 Bgamer90 @ 04/23/10 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Color it however you want,but when showing off "features" it also calls for gamplay to show said "features".
I don't care about these things,I know what I want to see,and I did NOT see it,so therefore for me it's a no buy.

When the fundamentals can't even be implemented correctly,all these "fluff features" are absolutely worthless to me. Every year is the same thing,and I absolutely refuse to go down this "road" again.

All I'm saying is that I don't get how one can judge the whole game based on this trailer which was short and put emphasis on one of the multiple features being adding to the game.

If you don't care about the "fluff" then again, why just base the game off a trailer mainly showing of the "fluff" (in your opinion) feature? What you wanted to see wasn't the main focus of the trailer.

That would be like me basing NFL 2k5 as a whole by seeing a video talking about "The Crib" feature lol (not saying that gameflow is fluff... but yeah... just don't get how people are making complete final judgements based on just this "gameflow trailer").

# 70 Palo20 @ 04/23/10 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i think they know their target audience well. most fans are casual and are eating up this trailer.....

we are the minority

Who is really watching and dissecting these trailers though? We're the crazy people on a message board itching for the next bit of Madden news, not the casuals.

If anything, all Madden info until about mid-July should be catered toward the hardcore crowd. Casual fans don't think about Madden until August or September.

# 71 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/10 01:41 AM
I know the interaction with the Community is pretty much gone because of what last year. But I do wish Ian or Phil would come on here and explain what is going on so people would stop worrying so much.

# 72 huskerwr38 @ 04/23/10 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava

we are the minority

I think the casual fans will see more of the same Madden and will be turned off by it. However, I think the "hardcore" guys will see more differences.

# 73 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 04/23/10 01:44 AM
All i know is Gus Johnson just announced the trailer.

Thats really all I need to know to be happy.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss times infinity

# 74 Bgamer90 @ 04/23/10 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I know the interaction with the Community is pretty much gone because of what last year. But I do wish Ian or Phil would come on here and explain what is going on so people would stop worrying so much.
It would be nice to see how they felt about the trailer.

# 75 TheSaint92 @ 04/23/10 01:46 AM
I can't really be mad about anything because I didn't see enough. That was a 1 min video that felt 10 seconds long.

# 76 droopizzle34 @ 04/23/10 01:49 AM
welp....at least socks are in this yr....lol nice trailer.

# 77 Tengo Juego @ 04/23/10 01:53 AM
Anyone here play Team Fortress 2 on the PC? Have you ever seen the Scout class run at the end of a losing round? Or even just the high stepping taunt where he says: "I'm not even winded." That's exactly what the high stepping run looks like.

I love the 49 yard non repeating run, but everything else needs to gel with that animation. And it really doesn't. It's all pieced together and the end result doesn't look natural at all.

# 78 Kramer5150 @ 04/23/10 02:06 AM
Quote:
All I'm saying is that I don't get how one can judge the whole game based on this trailer which was short and put emphasis on one of the multiple features being adding to the game.

If you don't care about the "fluff" then again, why just base the game off a trailer mainly showing of the "fluff" (in your opinion) feature? What you wanted to see wasn't the main focus of the trailer.

That would be like me basing NFL 2k5 as a whole by seeing a video talking about "The Crib" feature lol (not saying that gameflow is fluff... but yeah... just don't get how people are making complete final judgements based on just this "gameflow trailer").
If you think the game is going to be "drastically" different then what was shown,I don't know what to tell you.
I know you like to spin everything negative towards Madden into a positive,and that's fine with me,but to say that I can't "judge this game off of one trailer" is being utterly ridiculous.

Like I said (which you conveniently dodged) until the proper fundamentals are properly implemented,these "features" are (to me) worthless.
If someone is more turned on by features,then their the ones that will eat this type of stuff up...I'm not one of those people.

Whether you choose to believe it or not,every year the proper fundamentals are "glossed" over in favor of "features" and "fluff"...if you have any problem believing that...look at the past,in this case the past doesn't lie.

# 79 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/10 02:07 AM
Quote:
It would be nice to see how they felt about the trailer.
Well after the way Ian and his crew got treated last year by a hand full of people. How can you blame him for not wanting to come here again and take the abuse from people who get to personal.

# 80 kjcheezhead @ 04/23/10 02:09 AM
I said after the NCAA vid, all I would need is to see this trailer and it would be all I need to see. Madden will be a no buy for the first time in 10 years.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.