Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Quote:
"Gus Johnson in the background?

On the Colston leaping TD catch, I liked the mid air collision, much more realistic. Along with the Moore long reception looked more realistic with his head turned the right way and caught the ball by using his body over the left shoulder.

On the Pierre Thomas run the blocking looked really nice. Even tho Thomas had some foot sliding hopefully those things would be ironed out.

On the Bush TD run, Meachem in the slot had a nice pan cake block that looked pretty realistic."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bxgoods @ 04/23/10 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Can you guys tell me whats wrong with the running animation? I thought it looked the best its ever looked and was similar to APF 2k8's. If you're all complaining about the high knee run, thats a move performed on the right thumbstick with the new Dual-Analog Control. Pulling it back makes your player run straighter up and brings his knees higher. That makes it harder to bring the ball carrier down from an angle like from behind. But, it also can get your ball carrier killed if hit from the front.
I thought it looked fine too, maybe they can move the legs fast when Bush is top speed but besides that it was much better than last years.

# 22 bonannogiovanni @ 04/23/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Hasnt been confirmed. Its not a good sign that its not in there yet though. Unless they are gonna throw a curve ball at us and at it all in later down the line and introduce it.

It is kinda hard to believe that they would allow NCAA to blow them away in the presentation department though.
I agree and that really baffles me.

# 23 johnnyg713 @ 04/23/10 05:56 PM
some more footage on ign looked good

# 24 HealyMonster @ 04/23/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Hasnt been confirmed. Its not a good sign that its not in there yet though. Unless they are gonna throw a curve ball at us and at it all in later down the line and introduce it.

It is kinda hard to believe that they would allow NCAA to blow them away in the presentation department though.

correct me if I am wrong but NCAA Basketball still had an option for Generic presentation right? so its not a far stretch to think the other titles would follow suit. as such, i am sure NCAA football will have generic with the espn presentation.

Not saying that Madden will or should but I dont think the case is closed just yet

# 25 canes21 @ 04/23/10 06:48 PM
I don't think so. You could choose between CBS and ESPN, but I don't remember generic presentation in 10.

# 26 frozenblade @ 04/23/10 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
The running and footplanting still doesn't look right. I was hoping this new locomotion would fix this but from the looks of that vid it hasn't. When Reggie Bush broke that TD run it looked like he wasn't even running fast. It's like hes not taking enough strides when he runs. I hated that about Madden 10 & it's still evident. I also noticed a lot of sliding around especially on that Pierre Thomas run. I thought EA would have these things ironed out by now. I also dont like how the default camera view is so far up. It makes the players look way too small. They should make the camera a little closer & lower presnap but have it zoom out when passing. Hopefully they bring back custom camera view.
There is still alot of time to get this fixed, this is just an early gameplay release.

# 27 NEW_ORLEANS @ 04/23/10 09:17 PM
I have a feeling every sideline catch the player will fall to the ground.

# 28 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/23/10 09:41 PM
Damn I cant wait until August with that video.

# 29 canes21 @ 04/23/10 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW_ORLEANS
I have a feeling every sideline catch the player will fall to the ground.
I doubt it. I'd say most the animation will lead to that, but in the NCAA preview, the WR caught the ball and tip toed and caught his balance to staty in bounds for the TD.

# 30 PVarck31 @ 04/23/10 10:25 PM
The Reggie Bush run at the end looked great. I love how he leaned and you could see momentum at work there. AND GUS JOHNSON!!! Best in the biz IMO.

# 31 Papi34 @ 04/24/10 08:02 AM
Do we think the pre-game chant will be something that you only get with the Saints, like the Ray Lewis intro from last year?
My jaw nearly hit the floor when that video started off with it.

# 32 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi34
Do we think the pre-game chant will be something that you only get with the Saints, like the Ray Lewis intro from last year?
My jaw nearly hit the floor when that video started off with it.
I was thinking the same thing. I no they wont have every team (like Mike Peterson hyping up my falcons) but Idk, I hope they do a lot of other team chants.

That Saints one is sick though.

# 33 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 10:52 AM
I just noticed that when Brees hits Moore on that long Fade Route, whoever that Defensive Back is, literally had Moore covered and just stopped running with Moore for a second, which allowed Moore to get open....lol "Ut-Oh"

Please Tell Me thats is something only done on Rookie or Pro.

I'm surprised nobody commented on that before me...Am I looking too much into it?

# 34 roadman @ 04/24/10 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
I just noticed that when Brees hits Moore on that long Fade Route, whoever that Defensive Back is, literally had Moore covered and just stopped running with Moore for a second, which allowed Moore to get open....lol "Ut-Oh"

Please Tell Me thats is something only done on Rookie or Pro.

I'm surprised nobody commented on that before me...Am I looking too much into it?
Nah, I thought Moore outran the CB and Brees laid up there the WR to catch it in stride. That's what I saw.

Last year, the CB would run the route stride by stride and be in position to int. the ball.

# 35 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, I thought Moore outran the CB and Brees laid up there the WR to catch it in stride. That's what I saw.

Last year, the CB would run the route stride by stride and be in position to int. the ball.
Did you look at it again? The CB Clearly stops running. I though Moore just outran the CB at first too, and I was loving the fact that he got out of his back-peddle, faced up the Receiver (which I have never seen before in Madden), and the CB was in great position...than all of a sudden the CB Clearly stops/chops his feet, and starts running again.

And Moore was running a straight 'Go' route the entire time, no hesitation or anything.

# 36 canes21 @ 04/24/10 11:49 AM
I watched it twice and I never saw him stop....

# 37 Blazelore @ 04/24/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
He didn't stop he just hesitated almost like he was trying to anticipate Moore's route as if he we going to run a post. Thats why he slowed and Moore past him and he was trying to recover to catch up to him to break the play up but he couldn't. That would be awesome if the corners play like that now. Anticipating your routes.

# 38 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 12:09 PM
Quote:
Ok maybe 'Stop' is exaggerating, but as the previous reply, he just breaks down and hesitates for a moment after he has great coverage. I would understand if the CB was playing Man Coverage -- but its clearly a cover 3, so he has the deep third of the zone, nothing over the deep middle (thats the safety's job.

I just don't understand why the CB hesitated or all of a sudden started to break down for a second.

I don't want yall to think I'm hating on the game now, or jumping to conclusions that this is a bug...I'm just calling it how I see it, and yeah the CB maybe didn't stop, but there was a definite hesitation, or little hitch in his step all of a sudden.

# 39 mrprice33 @ 04/24/10 12:14 PM
he slowed down for sure. only saw it happen that one time, maybe it was an isolated incident.

# 40 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
he slowed down for sure. only saw it happen that one time, maybe it was an isolated incident.
lol or an 'Alpha' stage incident, because when I am playing a Zone coverage (Cover 3 to be exact), you don't let anything over your head. Ironically, the CB on the other side is defending the same 'Go' route, and he doesn't slow down or anything.

Hopefully it was an 'isolated incident'.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.