Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Quote:
"Gus Johnson in the background?

On the Colston leaping TD catch, I liked the mid air collision, much more realistic. Along with the Moore long reception looked more realistic with his head turned the right way and caught the ball by using his body over the left shoulder.

On the Pierre Thomas run the blocking looked really nice. Even tho Thomas had some foot sliding hopefully those things would be ironed out.

On the Bush TD run, Meachem in the slot had a nice pan cake block that looked pretty realistic."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Mbalmer @ 04/24/10 03:15 PM
At 2:35 it looked like number 44 (Saints) just warped and then was in good position to make the block on the run. I do like the catches they are showing, but as someone posted earlier it is kind-of hard to get excited about something that should have been in the game before now. I don't mind the running, and I think the lean back and stutter steps looks pretty cool.
This franchise has alot of work to do before I spend money on it, but I do keep an open mind through the decision process.

# 62 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
One annoying thing was in the beginning of the video when they were huddled around Brees they were so spaced out comparing to

You should've seen how this looked in the Alpha. The camera was completely out of control. I complained a lot about it. I'm glad they at least got it stable.

# 63 guaps @ 04/24/10 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer
Damn, #99 is fast! WTF chasing down reggie bush.. jeez... i hope they still keep the speed threshold and game speed
Haha... I noticed that as well. #99 Antonio Johnson looks more like a MLB than a DT

# 64 ImxNikx @ 04/24/10 03:36 PM
That last TD pass to Colston looked so fluid! I love it. Hope all mid-air collisions are like that. no more trans-morphing.

# 65 gabs485 @ 04/24/10 03:40 PM
Man I hate the running animation, the legs are not moving fast enough...players don't look like they are even trying to run. It just looks so unrealistic.

# 66 blitzkrieger @ 04/24/10 03:41 PM
Pretty nice. The running physics still look stiff and the juke and plant is still far from Madden '04 but its better than '10. Im optimistic.

# 67 61woods @ 04/24/10 03:55 PM
Graphical issues

- The receiver stances at the line of scrimmage are still completely unrealistic.
- Where is Jeremy Shockey's long blonde hair?
- The type of facemask in which Sedrick Ellis is wearing needs another bar underneath.

Fine points

- The juke performed by Pierre Thomas in the open field on the Colts defender was sick.
- The touchdown catches by Meachem and Colston were nice.

# 68 mrprice33 @ 04/24/10 05:17 PM
btw, to those complaining about gameflow, you can set your own gameplan before the game, and gameflow will call plays that you have told it to call in certain situations. so, in a way, you are still calling plays, it's just way more streamlined.

# 69 LaW97 @ 04/24/10 05:47 PM
this is the 6th game in this generation.. and its look like they jus now got the smoothness of last generation back.

im happy for that atleast.

but im hoping for more franchise improvements then i am gameplay.
i would still be playing madden if the franchise were better. i need the rating to matter.
whats the use of me giving some OLineman big money if he is gonna react the same way a punter would on the line. whats the use of hiring a new coach if the team responds the same way. and why am i the only team attempting to make trades.

franchise needs an overhaul or............. they can jus make it how it used to hbe on PS2

# 70 Facts @ 04/25/10 05:22 AM
Hah gameflow? More like Ask Madden 2.0. That's all it is.

# 71 babyfat9 @ 04/25/10 05:33 AM
Looks impressive from the video but we'll see how the end product is. I'm glad they made changes to one colored sock lengths and player movements looks so much better.

# 72 Valdarez @ 04/25/10 07:22 AM
Rendering is still off, meaning animations aren't fluid. This is evident by the warm up huddle with Drew Brees.

No route based passing in the video. Just Madden's old, stale, boring, straight line passing. Starting to wonder if they even get it on the passing game, or if they understand the impact their 'throw/catch at anytime' has on the defense. IMHO it's why they don't have true player AI (instead coding for plays).

At the end of plays, players instantly react to the end of the play. There's no 'finishing whatever they were doing', or wait till they see what happened. They all instantly react. Completely ruins the immersion by reminding you it's a game and the 'play over' event just fired for every player on the field.

@1:07 The HB makes a juke move on the DB and it looks weird. He does the juke, then goes into a time bubble where he slows down. That's not momentum, or proper locomotion. It looks more like M10's weird take on momentum than new locomotion. When he speeds up again, there's no change in footwork to show the necessary adjustment from the juke or the necessary footwork to support the acceleration. Not a good example of locomotion at all.

@1:27 The Guard moves forward, over the Center and the player the Center is engaged in blocking, in order for the Guard to make a block on a LB. He gives up the pocket to make a forward block on a passing play. Maybe on a run play, but not on a passing play.

@2:14 In the shotgun formation, watch the pocket (using that term lightly). The QB is protected due to no one on the DLine getting off their block, but that is not a pocket.

@2:36 They have said persuit angles are fixed, but it sure looks like the defense still has absolutely no knowledge of running lanes. Watch what number 55 does. He runs straight at the HB, completely ignoring the guys that are in front of him, that he has to hop over effectively missing the tackle. He should have run to the right of the play and stayed even with the HB so he could make the tackle.

@2:40 The spin move still rules all for making defenders miss. Get a slanted angle, then time it right, works every time.

Still not sold on GameFlow. In past version of Madden, you were the coach (calling the plays) and the QB (executing the plays). I don't see how a feature that takes away the coaching aspect, and the control, is advantageous to a knowledgeable football gamer. Definitely something I'll turn off, unless I have to use it like last year to get a challenging game (which I'm willing to bet is the case again).

Still love Madden's end of run animations. Hope they add more this year. While they are great, they seems to be very few, and very repetitive.

# 73 soxnut1018 @ 04/25/10 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Hah gameflow? More like Ask Madden 2.0. That's all it is.
And your point is... I really like this feature no matter what you call it. What's not to like about it? You set up a gameplan before the game and then try to execute those plays during the game. And if you don't like it, it's an OPTION.

# 74 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/25/10 12:36 PM
@ 2:04--No reason that CB slows down on the deep pass to Moore. Its like he ran into an imaginary wall for a sec, hope that is fixed by release.

# 75 plaidchuck @ 04/25/10 12:45 PM
I dunno, looks smoother but it seems like tron jogging and running animations are off... and all of the "sliding" and "stickiness" of the tackles are pretty visible as usual.. sorry about those non-technical terms I just used.. guess I mean poor collision detection.

# 76 MeanMrMustard @ 04/25/10 12:46 PM
The animations do look pretty smooth. I definitely won't be using the Gameflow thing, though.

# 77 jclentzthadon @ 04/25/10 01:37 PM
Falcons, dude, we get it! I'm at the airport trying to follow the thread and you keep interjecting the samething without any reason to do so. The thread is going one way and you just continue to beat your drum. We got your take the first 3 times you brought this up. Damn...

Anyway, sounds encouraging and looking fwd to watching the video!

# 78 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/25/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
Falcons, dude, we get it! I'm at the airport trying to follow the thread and you keep interjecting the samething without any reason to do so. The thread is going one way and you just continue to beat your drum. We got your take the first 3 times you brought this up. Damn...

Anyway, sounds encouraging and looking fwd to watching the video!
lol Im so sorry for interjecting the same thing because your at the airport. Im not cluttering the thread by any means, I'm just saying my piece, if you don't like it, you can just skip over what I'm saying.

Relax

# 79 johnnyg713 @ 04/25/10 02:36 PM
Maybe its just me but I dont remember players on the cover talking about the game so much as this year. Brees is def a genuine guy and really put the effort into explaining what they are putting into madden this year. Glad he got the cover.

# 80 Wolverines05 @ 04/25/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485
Man I hate the running animation, the legs are not moving fast enough...players don't look like they are even trying to run. It just looks so unrealistic.
completely agree, the gameplay, although it looks extremely smooth, just looks sooooo slow. unfortunately, even though they look slow, the players seem to cover ground at a realistic rate. this may mean that players take too long of strides, but idk why the gameplay looks so slow.

any thoughts?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.