Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Palo20 @ 04/23/10 11:57 PM
Zone read looked awesome. Great double team on the DE there too.

# 22 jello1717 @ 04/23/10 11:58 PM
Here's a minor detail that I noticed from the vid.

Later in Florida's drive, their HB (#2) was yellow showing that he was tired. Hopefully that means that fatigue will be fixed for this year.

# 23 MaizeHaze @ 04/23/10 11:59 PM
Was the demo at this event considered a finished product or an early build that doesn't have all the new things they will be adding? I just noticed no coaches and chain gangs on the sidelines.

# 24 Gossennator @ 04/24/10 12:01 AM
I love how on the option read the guard came off the double to block the MLB..awesome stuff

# 25 str8artist @ 04/24/10 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaizeHaze
Was the demo at this event considered a finished product or an early build that doesn't have all the new things they will be adding? I just noticed no coaches and chain gangs on the sidelines.

Everything that you play or see before the game goes GOLD is not the finished product.

# 26 geauxfan70 @ 04/24/10 12:05 AM
Really happy to see that the zone read is apparently fixed, I love that play and could never run it before, but it looks like you can actually make reads now! YAY! July won't come fast enough.

# 27 MaizeHaze @ 04/24/10 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
Everything that you play or see before the game goes GOLD is not the finished product.
That's what I figured. Still leaves hope!

# 28 canes21 @ 04/24/10 12:06 AM
Was it me or did he have accelerated clock on that went down to 25 seconds left on the play clock? I'm not talking about how last year and all the years before it went straight to 25. It looked like it went from 37 to 25 and also brought down the game clock 12 seconds too. I hope so!

# 29 mrprice33 @ 04/24/10 12:09 AM
definitely looked like it. the game looks fantastic. june can't get here soon enough!

# 30 SteelerSpartan @ 04/24/10 12:14 AM
-At 7:00 watch the OLB on bama actually push the TE Blocker into the backfield to stop the run

In previous games the "Win" animation for the DL/OLB would have been a weird glitchy thing that results in the player moving left or right and then warping into the ball carrier

While the game still looks robotic and some what clunky now ironically, Im starting to get a little hope that this could be a good "Video Game" of Football again

# 31 Palo20 @ 04/24/10 12:17 AM
Russ goes for it on 4th down too much

Small feature, but I think when you select FG it tells you how long it is going to be.

# 32 SteelerSpartan @ 04/24/10 12:17 AM
-The Qbs still look like they're floating too much in the pocket

Need to slow them down or Run and Chuck Cheese is still going to take over Online

# 33 moylan1234 @ 04/24/10 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Was it me or did he have accelerated clock on that went down to 25 seconds left on the play clock? I'm not talking about how last year and all the years before it went straight to 25. It looked like it went from 37 to 25 and also brought down the game clock 12 seconds too. I hope so!
that's what I was saying it looked like it was fixed on the first play from scrimmage, but after that I couldn't really tell

# 34 prowler @ 04/24/10 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
I am one of the biggest critics of this series, but I loved most of that video. The blocking AI and the pre-snap blocking assignments are kick-***. Leaving the DE unblocked on that option was perfect, I bet it works like that for the flexbone option as well. That's a REALLY big improvement, true option blocking schemes.

I didn't see any coaches on the sidelines though. That was my only complaint from the vid.
I was thinking the same thing. Although near the end they cut away from the gameplay and showed stills. I'm wondering if that was to block out things we weren't meant to see yet... like coaches.

# 35 LionsFanNJ @ 04/24/10 12:25 AM
A few things in that video i REALLY liked.

1. The deep corner route, the angle of the throw and catch looked real good. Plus i noticed the defender didn't "mirror" the route.

2. The general movement looked good. It just looked more natural (I'm sure the hate will come flowing soon as this is OS)

3. The blocking diagrams. Awesome. and similarly. THE READ OPTION WORKS.

One thing i didn't like though is the O-Line and ends still engage almost immediately. The D line did look like they were trying to get around though. I'll have to look again but did the bama outside backers rush upfield on the pass play?

overall my excitement is building. I like this video was of a full drive. Thats the type of video i want to see. A vid of an in-game environment uncut.

# 36 Palo20 @ 04/24/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
-The Qbs still look like they're floating too much in the pocket

Need to slow them down or Run and Chuck Cheese is still going to take over Online
Agreed here. They are flying around.

# 37 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 12:26 AM
Same gripe I have with Madden... why go through all the effort of putting these presentation elements into the game if you're just going to ruin it by allowing it to be interrupted with the playcall screen? it especially kills me that it happens with scenes that are only going to last 3 seconds tops.

^^^ What's the point of that?

But above just that glaring mistake in design, it boggles my mind that they'd do it to a replay of all things (you see it happen in the brief replay shown in the video)...

... a replay? Seriously guys? The very idea of a replay is so the viewer can, ya know, SEE THE PLAY?! I guess the word obstruction is just not in their vocabulary

They just don't get it. They simply don't get it

# 38 noplace @ 04/24/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Liked that video alot. Graphics and lighting do very good and much improved. Movement in general looks improved with locomotion. My favorite part was the qb read play he ran that actually worked correctly where the de actually crashed in giving him room to run. That play is important in running certain spread offenses.

The one negative is the o-line vs d-line interaction did look the same as last year at least on passing plays. I was hoping that area would receive alot attention. DE still don't get upfield at all and run straight into the OT, wasn't expecting that to be fixed completely but I was hoping it would at least be better than last year.

Overall though looks like I may actually be able to enjoy the game this year. We will see, hopefully that is the case. Some things obviously can only be analyzed in depth by playing the game.

I may have two football games to enjoy this year with this and Backbreaker. That would be great if they both turned out well.
I agree with the OL and DL. Didnt like to see the DEs on the ground at the same time. It that is fix I believe this could be a pretty decent game. Also wish they would add yard markers.

# 39 Wolverines05 @ 04/24/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Russ goes for it on 4th down too much

Small feature, but I think when you select FG it tells you how long it is going to be.
actually, there are a ton of cool new things that make playcalling more accessible. fg length for one, but also if the play is run/pass, it tells you the icons for a receiver's routes, and a couple of other things i think that just make the experience better. in general, the playcall screen is less intrusive to the view of the presentation.

speaking of presentation, it looked good, but please EA, please show more post play instead of the stadium pan. thats not like a real broadcast. stick to cutscenes/real time post play/replays

# 40 Wolverines05 @ 04/24/10 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Same gripe I have with Madden... why go through all the effort of putting these presentation elements into the game if you're just going to ruin it by allowing it to be interrupted with the playcall screen? it especially kills me that it happens with scenes that are only going to last 3 seconds tops.

But above just that, it boggles my mind that they'd do it to a replay of all things...

... a replay? Seriously guys? The very idea of a replay is so the viewer can, ya know, SEE THE PLAY?! I guess the word obstruction is just no in their vocabulary

They just don't get it. They simply don't get it
i understand what you're saying, but how could you make the playcall screen not take over the presentation. you could tell that russ was def. skipping cutscenes, and specifically that replay, which then cuts to the playcall screen. (which is really slick actually and less obtrusive than last years) i dont get how avoid having the playcall screen disrupting presentation unless you force the user to watch the real time post play/ cutscenes/replays. as for me, i would def. sit through all the presentation elements.

Unless of course the playcall screen comes up regardless of the user skipping the presentation... then i would understand your frustration.

but...it seemed clear to me that russ was skipping everything to show off as much as possible

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.