NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 moylan1234 @ 04/24/10 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I was thinking that, too. But then I remembered something... in every sports game I can think of (and certainly EA football games) if you pressed 'A' during replay the replay ends. So if he had pressed there would've been no replay at all. Instead, the replay played but the playcall screen covered it by design. There is something else I wish I could mention about this but the NDA with Madden prevents it. However, I will say that they need to sit down and get their minds right with their concept design for presentation. A lot of these issues are fixable, they just need exercise some common sense.
I just played '10 and until I pressed A my replays were clean as a whistle no graphics no nothing. When I pressed A my playcall screen slid in and the replay kept going behind it then when I picked my play the replay ended. I'm sure that's what we'll get this year too.

# 62 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
I edited my last post, but basically, EA should make it an option for whether or not the playcall screen comes up during presentation elements. this would be good for those who want to enjoy what EA put a lot of time into this year,(presentation) and it would be good to the casual gamers who are looking to jump straight into their next play. considering its madden's goal to be quicker, having the playcall screen come up immediately during the presentation elements actually makes sense, even if it makes for a less authentic game. but at least have it as an option.

watcher, were you at community day? i know you were at the last one, just not sure. im guessing youve talked to the dev team about this. also, do you think this "option" could be implemented before release?
I told them this sucked at Community Day last year. I told them in notes there. Told them in notes afterwards that this makes no sense. Said it again when the vids came out. Told them after people complained about it in 10. Told them again this year at Community Day although I was still playing an Alpha with most of the presentation not available in the game yet, so it was impossible to know if they'd done anything about it. But my opinion is, I doubt they will do anything with this issue because I don't think they see it as a problem.

For people who don't care about presentation, then yeah they won't care. But if these games are going to marketed with presentation being a back of the box feature, you should at least design it so that the presentation is featured and not made an afterthought. There is a real problem with the concept design mentality in this area.

# 63 Solidice @ 04/24/10 01:23 AM
Quote:
There is a replay that starts at 7:07 and it looks like it would've been hot, but the playcall screen is covering it.
I think in that particular situation, he was pressing buttons to skip it, as that was the time he pressed too much and accidentally choose FG kick(NM, he just hit the wrong button). but like you, I also hope the playcall screen does not cover it up, it'll ruin the replays and other presentational cutscenes. but in NCAA 10, the play call screen would not come up unless you manually pressed a button, I hope it remains like that.

# 64 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I just played '10 and until I pressed A my replays were clean as a whistle no graphics no nothing. When I pressed A my playcall screen slid in and the replay kept going behind it then when I picked my play the replay ended. I'm sure that's what we'll get this year too.
NCAA 10 or Madden 10? The replays don't get covered in Madden 10, but the cut scenes do as well as post-play, without pressing. It always comes up automatically and interrupts the scene.

# 65 moylan1234 @ 04/24/10 01:26 AM
Quote:
NCAA 10 or Madden 10? The replays don't get covered in Madden 10, but the cut scenes do as well as post-play, without pressing. It always comes up automatically and interrupts the scene.
NCAA replays don't get covered automatically I hope this doesn't change

# 66 jello1717 @ 04/24/10 01:28 AM
Quote:
There is a replay that starts at 7:07 and it looks like it would've been hot, but the playcall screen is covering it.
I'm almost positive that he pushed a button to skip through the replay. You can see that the ESPN graphic wipe doesn't even finish.

# 67 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I think in that particular situation, he was pressing buttons to skip it, as that was the time he pressed too much and accidentally choose FG kick(NM, he just hit the wrong button). but like you, I also hope the playcall screen does not cover it up, it'll ruin the replays and other presentational cutscenes. but in NCAA 10, the play call screen would not come up unless you manually pressed a button, I hope it remains like that.
Was it the same way for post-play too? When I played the demo of NCAA 10 last year, the playcall screen came up automatically and very quickly without me pressing anything. Was this different in the retail version?

# 68 NoDakHusker @ 04/24/10 01:33 AM
the first video that was released did not seem to show locomotion but it is very prevalent in this video. wow! I have to say this year. The gameplay looks noticeably slower, which is better than last year's lightning fast game. I'd rather play it slow than fast, even though that isn't exactly true IRL.

Meh, I'll just wait to have any more opinions about the game until I actually own it.

# 69 moylan1234 @ 04/24/10 01:33 AM
Quote:
Was it the same way for post-play too? When I played the demo of NCAA 10 last year, the playcall screen came up automatically and very quickly without me pressing anything. Was this different in the retail version?
well post play there wasn't much happening on NCAA 10 it just cut to the playcall screen with a wide shot of the stadium behind it, but on replays you have to hit A to bring up the playcall screen

# 70 Valdarez @ 04/24/10 01:34 AM
Love the 10 yard drops on every passing play. Is that what they consider a pocket?

# 71 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
well post play there wasn't much happening on NCAA 10 it just cut to the playcall screen with a wide shot of the stadium behind it, but on replays you have to hit A to bring up the playcall screen
That actually is a better idea than Madden's. Basically in Madden if you press 'A' the replay ends. I just assumed it was the same way with NCAA because of the shared design. Madden should be doing NCAA's way with the replay option if they aren't already.

# 72 T3B0W @ 04/24/10 01:48 AM
I believe this will be the year, this once GREAT franchise, delivers on expectations seen when Next-Gen consoles were released. This will be what Madden 10 was for the Madden series. A big step forward in what will be a solid platform to build from in the future.

# 73 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B0W
I believe this will be the year, this once GREAT franchise, delivers on expectations seen when Next-Gen consoles were released. This will be what Madden 10 was for the Madden series. A big step forward in what will be a solid platform to build from in the future.
I certainly hope so. I want to play a College Football game again very badly.

# 74 HarkTheSound @ 04/24/10 02:18 AM
Do I see Field Degeneration at the part where hes demonstrating his linebacker running back and forth? I hope so!

# 75 SageInfinite @ 04/24/10 02:23 AM
This game has beautiful graphics, I just don't understand why EA doesn't show it off with the right pre and post play camera angles. Get in close! They say they consulted ESPN for the camera angles but they didn't get the ones used the most. The cutscenes look great up close, I don't see why they didn't expand on it. This game could have people doing double takes with the right angles!

# 76 stylee @ 04/24/10 02:24 AM
I was a confirmed skeptic.
Now I'm a believer.

Go EA.

# 77 SageInfinite @ 04/24/10 02:32 AM
I also thought they were adding chain gangs along with the refs. I guess there's another thing to ask for next year.

# 78 gofresno @ 04/24/10 02:32 AM
Did anyone else notice the cut scene of the fan with the D-Fence sign? It was only shown for about half a second around 7:40

# 79 TastyRambo @ 04/24/10 02:37 AM
yeah moylan55 i agree I dont think that interviewer knew too much. He called last years NCAA game "quite impressive." I think most of us can agree it was not very good. Good video though this game is looking really good hopefully we can get a blog in a day or two about team entrances or going into greater detail on playbooks. I wouldnt mind a gameplay video showing off the presentation either haha : )

# 80 Solidice @ 04/24/10 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I also thought they were adding chain gangs along with the refs. I guess there's another thing to ask for next year.
don't think they ever said anything about chain gangs. it's possible they could show them in cutscenes, along with coaches, similar to how they did refs in NCAA 10(and I think '09 as well), but just not show them in real time. they have fans in the stands in cutscenes for 11, so it's not that far a stretch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.