Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 huskerwr38 @ 04/24/10 02:52 AM
First off, the interviewer was really bad. I think he asked some like 3 questions, some awkward silences, he called NCAA 10 quite impressive...not good. Anyways, the game this year does actually quite impressive, however, I did not like that catch he had at 8:01 on the flag route when his WR caught the ball it looked like his momentum would have carried him out of bounds, but the WR almost cut on a dime and turned up field without really slowing down. That did not look good. However, I thought everything else looked awesome.

I am definately going to buy the game this year, and I haven't been this excited for the game since NCAA 04 or so.

# 82 Rivals @ 04/24/10 03:03 AM
The 3rd and short cut scenes for Madden 10 were pretty cool. Just jack those.

# 83 Lava @ 04/24/10 03:30 AM
While I like that players now have to stop to change direction, the still go back to full speed WAY too fast. They accelerate in the blink of an eye, so while it's marginally better than NCAA 10 it's still not as much of a factor as it should be.

This is especially apparent in the video when Russ is playing defense and takes control of the linebacker. He does some violent direction changes and the player appropriately stops to change direction. However, in the blink of an eye after he stops he is going back full speed the other way! Make ACCELERATION really matter, guys! Locomotion looks good and has the potential to be great, but it's not going to reach its potential until you make acceleration realistic! A 230 lb. linebacker isn't going to be able to get back to full speed in a fraction of a second!

# 84 moylan1234 @ 04/24/10 03:33 AM
I agree Lava, but that guy might just have high acceleration no?

# 85 Lava @ 04/24/10 03:37 AM
I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine a linebacker having the agility/acceleration to make those rapid changes in direction that quickly in real life.

Something tells me it's not just that player. I obviously can't say for certain, as I haven't played the game, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

# 86 Magaman @ 04/24/10 03:47 AM
Hey everyone. I just wanna say some of you are brutal critics but I love the feedback. Yes thats my video, and me in it, and from my site VGrevolution. Believe me I hate being on camera and asking the questions, I'm actually supposed to be on the other side of the camera, it is what I drop 90k to go to school for. However we are a small site so the few of us running it where all hats.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. We did play a ton more of the game.
Some things:
Firstly the game was an early build. As you can see from some from the stuttering. The build was missing a lot of the extras, like the opening sequences and some of the in between play stuff, hence the quick button presses.
The demo was also strictly gameplay focused, and showing off Locomotion and the other on field changes.
It looks amazing, and as many have said the actual games BLOWS the replay videos EA released out of the water.
Some said my opinion of last years game was off. While I'm not a hardcore fan of the series, compared to prior versions of the game, 10 was rather impressive in my view. You can read my full review from that here vgrevolution.com/2009/07/ncaa-football-2010-review/ Road to Glory last year was a nice addition and a great thought but as I said in my review and even to Russ last week in the video, it was my least favorite. Him and I talked more about it after the interview, though he wouldn't give up any details other then that they are listening to the community.

Again thanks for checking us out, we are a young site and it's a side project to our real world jobs, and we are ever learning and adjusting. I'll read through this thread and answer any question I can, and of course ask away if you have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
why do I get the feeling that the interviewer had no idea what Russ was talking about? Also, on the first play run from scrimmage it looks like the play clock bug is fixed, but the rest of the game I had a hard time telling which was mostly the fault of the camera guy who I'd like to punch by the way.
I'd like to punch my camera guy as well, since it was my brother. As his salary=$0 I can't smash him to badly, though it was a tight set-up, and he's learning. I promise our E3 footage will be much improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I was thinking the same thing. Although near the end they cut away from the gameplay and showed stills. I'm wondering if that was to block out things we weren't meant to see yet... like coaches.
No the stills were because we had no other video to cover up some real bad camera work. Nothing was being covered up. Same thing at the beginning just trying to make the video look a tad better, in hindsight we should have shot a little more game footage after the interview.

# 87 boredhusband @ 04/24/10 04:04 AM
is it possible for someone to upload this on youtube? the video won't load for me.

# 88 moylan1234 @ 04/24/10 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magaman
I'd like to punch my camera guy as well, since it was my brother. As his salary=$0 I can't smash him to badly, though it was a tight set-up, and he's learning. I promise our E3 footage will be much improved.
no worries, I was only mad cause I couldn't see the espn scorebug the whole time and I was trying to check out the play clock. nice work overall though as it's our only look at someone playing an actual game to date.

Also, welcome to the site

# 89 rudyjuly2 @ 04/24/10 04:16 AM
Looks really good. Almost too much information lately. Hard to keep up with all the EA news and the draft at the same time.

# 90 Magaman @ 04/24/10 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredhusband
is it possible for someone to upload this on youtube? the video won't load for me.
Sorry it's over 10 minutes, I'll try to edit it down next week, but I'm still wicked busy trying to get our Madden and other Tiger Woods video done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
no worries, I was only mad cause I couldn't see the espn scorebug the whole time and I was trying to check out the play clock. nice work overall though as it's our only look at someone playing an actual game to date.

Also, welcome to the site
Thanks, yeah been meaning to join for awhile, I've seen enough of our stories linked.

# 91 Magaman @ 04/24/10 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
First off, the interviewer was really bad. I think he asked some like 3 questions, some awkward silences, he called NCAA 10 quite impressive...not good. Anyways, the game this year does actually quite impressive, however, I did not like that catch he had at 8:01 on the flag route when his WR caught the ball it looked like his momentum would have carried him out of bounds, but the WR almost cut on a dime and turned up field without really slowing down. That did not look good. However, I thought everything else looked awesome.

I am definately going to buy the game this year, and I haven't been this excited for the game since NCAA 04 or so.
Sorry for lack of questioning, you gotta remember this wasn't a demo showing off a lot. It was really just for the new game mechanics. Also I wanted to get into change to Road to Glory and the modes, but as Russ said they aren't releasing any info on that stuff just yet.

# 92 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/24/10 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
I edited my last post, but basically, EA should make it an option for whether or not the playcall screen comes up during presentation elements. this would be good for those who want to enjoy what EA put a lot of time into this year,(presentation) and it would be good to the casual gamers who are looking to jump straight into their next play. considering its madden's goal to be quicker, having the playcall screen come up immediately during the presentation elements actually makes sense, even if it makes for a less authentic game. but at least have it as an option.

watcher, were you at community day? i know you were at the last one, just not sure. im guessing youve talked to the dev team about this. also, do you think this "option" could be implemented before release?
Yea I got to agree with you on that issue. EA needs to listen to fans a little more about how they need to do it. Instead thinking about how people might like it.

# 93 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/24/10 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyRambo
yeah moylan55 i agree I dont think that interviewer knew too much. He called last years NCAA game "quite impressive." I think most of us can agree it was not very good. Good video though this game is looking really good hopefully we can get a blog in a day or two about team entrances or going into greater detail on playbooks. I wouldnt mind a gameplay video showing off the presentation either haha : )
Yea last year was ok. But to many problems. But it seems this guy takes it upon himself to speak for the fans by saying we enjoyed last year. Which is wrong. Seem to me like it is a complete lie straight up. Sometime I believe that is the only way EA can cover their tracks by them lying about how much the fans love the game to sell more copies. But I believe this year will hopefully turn EA sports around.

# 94 Magaman @ 04/24/10 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Yea last year was ok. But to many problems. But it seems this guy takes it upon himself to speak for the fans by saying we enjoyed last year. Which is wrong. Seem to me like it is a complete lie straight up. Sometime I believe that is the only way EA can cover their tracks by them lying about how much the fans love the game to sell more copies. But I believe this year will hopefully turn EA sports around.
I wasn't speaking for the fans, but as I said on the last page, not being a hardcore fan of the series last year's title compared to my previous experiences with the game was rather impressive.
Also from talking not only with the NCAA guys but the other devs at EA they were all very frank about admitting to issues in last years games. I'm not defending them here, but while our coverage or any sites coverage might not focus on any developer admitting to issues in games, my sense is these day many of them really are listening to feedback on the intertubes.
Also as far as EA Sports goes I mentioned on my site last year, that since Peter Moore has taken over and now these are the second batch of titles that he's overseen the entire development process for there has been some major improvements.

# 95 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/24/10 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magaman
I wasn't speaking for the fans, but as I said on the last page, not being a hardcore fan of the series last year's title compared to my previous experiences with the game was rather impressive.
Also from talking not only with the NCAA guys but the other devs at EA they were all very frank about admitting to issues in last years games. I'm not defending them here, but while our coverage or any sites coverage might not focus on any developer admitting to issues in games, my sense is these day many of them really are listening to feedback on the intertubes.
Also as far as EA Sports goes I mentioned on my site last year, that since Peter Moore has taken over and now these are the second batch of titles that he's overseen the entire development process for there has been some major improvements.
Sorry about that bro. Didn't mean to step on your toes about that. I might have token that the wrong way I guess. I'm so sorry. But ha misteaks happen.

# 96 Magaman @ 04/24/10 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Sorry about that bro. Didn't mean to step on your toes about that. I might have token that the wrong way I guess. I'm so sorry. But ha misteaks happen.
No biggie, I don't blame you. I've had a few reviews in the past where I enjoyed a game or thought something was great and people felt the opposite, which is cool, we all have different tastes.
We are a small site, and lately have been blowing up, thanks to forums like OS and the readers posting our links, but you guys are hardcore followers of the various game series, where we(and I mean general news site) have to balance every game and genre. So while you guys have really detailed gripes, we on the other hand might not.

# 97 green94 @ 04/24/10 09:11 AM
6 years removed from this game... but after this video I might be coming back. Looked LEAP YEARS better than previous versions. Very impressive!

# 98 coogrfan @ 04/24/10 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine a linebacker having the agility/acceleration to make those rapid changes in direction that quickly in real life.

Something tells me it's not just that player. I obviously can't say for certain, as I haven't played the game, but I don't have a good feeling about it.
He was playing on Varsity, was he not? If memory serves that difficulty level gives players a substantial, across the board ratings boost.

# 99 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 10:12 AM
Like others have pointed out (Sage, Rocky) the camera angles still don't make me think broadcast. Despite the presentation issues we've talkd about though, this game does look better.

# 100 adembroski @ 04/24/10 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
I'm aware of this, which i'm happy about, but i want to say something about the madden video, which can probably translate over to ncaa as well.

in the madden video, not sure which one, but i think gamespot, reggie bush busts a long td run. i took him exactly 4 seconds to get those final 40 yards, which is very realistic considering he was already in full speed by that point. however, even when bush ran those 40 yards, he looked very slow. while he covered the ground quickly, its like his feet were in cement. this leads me to believe one of two things.

one: the players strides may be too long compared to that of real life, but i doubt it because it was motion captured, meaning they should get realistic stride length.

two: if the strides are just right, and he still looks really slow, it may be, in order to get proper 40 times/realistic speeds, that the player models are too big for the field. this would mean that there are huge players, and while their running animations would be realistic, their "hugeness" would make their normal running motion cover an unrealistic amount of ground. this would lead to crazy fast 40 times, and to combat this problem, they would need to slow the mo capped running animations down a lot to get at realistic 40 times.

while i may be crazy, just compare how long it takes a player to run his next step in both madden and ncaa compared to the blogs that showed real people (in mo cap suits) running those 40's. the diff. at least to me, is very drastic.

what do you guys think: i hope im crazy lol
At CD there was a bug at one point preventing players from sprinting. If he's at or approaching full speed when he hits the 40, it should take less than 4 seconds to reach the endzone. I'd say he wasn't sprinting, but still moving at "effective" speed.

In other words, add sprint to that run, and I'm sure it looks a lot better.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.