Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 MaizeHaze @ 04/24/10 11:09 AM
I like hearing that this game was an early build to show off machanics and didn't have all the extras in it. If we are this blown away from an early build like this then imagine when we see a vid that has everything!

# 102 huskerwr38 @ 04/24/10 11:12 AM
Quote:
one: the players strides may be too long compared to that of real life, but i doubt it because it was motion captured, meaning they should get realistic stride length.
It may be stride length, but then again what makes him look slow is most likely stride frequency is not high enough. Speed is mainly a product of two factors, stride length x stride frequency. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a kid with great stride frequency (meaning his length turnover really fast) look really quick but his times weren't really that fast. Then I've seen kids with really long legs have incredibly fast times, but didn't look that fast.
Bottom line, people with long strides may not look fast and people with high stride frequency often look faster. So I think they need to get their stride frequency up and tone down the stride length.

# 103 adembroski @ 04/24/10 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magaman
No biggie, I don't blame you. I've had a few reviews in the past where I enjoyed a game or thought something was great and people felt the opposite, which is cool, we all have different tastes.
We are a small site, and lately have been blowing up, thanks to forums like OS and the readers posting our links, but you guys are hardcore followers of the various game series, where we(and I mean general news site) have to balance every game and genre. So while you guys have really detailed gripes, we on the other hand might not.
Appreciate your stopping by. Whatever people's gripes about the video, I'm sure EA appreciates the fact that you've reignited people's excitement for it.

Now, go see if you can parlay that into some exclusive super-early Dragon Age 2 info, and I'll be forever in your debt

# 104 TreyIM2 @ 04/24/10 11:16 AM
Had to watch this vid again, this morning. Still luvin'. I didn't comment on the headbutt cutscene but DAMN that gets me AMPED seeing that. It looked really good. Makes me wanna suit up again like in high school...for the little bit of time I played. Lol.

I know the vid is of an early build and I'm sure the game is still being worked on but I noticed how the RB doesn't put his hand on the back(s) of his blocker when running into a crowd. Hopefully that will get in the game like they said it would.
Also there is a definite issue, like a few commented on, with acceleration on that demonstration of locomotion with that one defensive player the EA cat used. In regular motion, it didn't look good then when he slow-mo'd the replay, it still didn't look good ALTHOUGH I did see the footplant. Then again, Madden 10 had SOME footplanting when changing directions.

I also noticed the running situation where it didn't look like guys were running that fast but covering good ground, just like in Madden/NCAA 10. I want the running animations to really show a diff between running slow to running fast but, again, I know the game is still being worked on.

Regardless, though, I can't get enough of this vid. The game looks so beautiful and to get the final retail version is something I'm salivating about.

# 105 TastyRambo @ 04/24/10 11:18 AM
yeah Magaman I am sorry as well for dissing on you. We all have our different opinions on last years game. and thanks for taking the time to make this video and post it up, it is very helpful and has gotten alot of people excited myself included.

# 106 ch46647 @ 04/24/10 11:22 AM
Great video man! That definitely has a lot of people excited. I really liked the video, the only bad thing I saw was it looked like the kicking mechanic has not changed. (When the guy accidentally picked the FG the kicking mechanic popped up if)

# 107 johnnyg713 @ 04/24/10 11:30 AM
I thought they added animations where the ballcarrier put his arm up on his blockers. Didnt see any layered blending at all.

# 108 SageInfinite @ 04/24/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
don't think they ever said anything about chain gangs. it's possible they could show them in cutscenes, along with coaches, similar to how they did refs in NCAA 10(and I think '09 as well), but just not show them in real time. they have fans in the stands in cutscenes for 11, so it's not that far a stretch.
Just another thing that makes me shake my head at the design decisions that go on with this game. I give them credit they added some good things this year, but I can't help get the feeling that these football teams at EA have that "oh it's ok or just good enough outlook/approach". They never go for it all or strive for greatness.

# 109 mrprice33 @ 04/24/10 11:56 AM
so if everything else is great (and that is a big if, I'll grant), but there's no chain gangs, then they didn't strive for greatness? are chain gangs the barometer for greatness?

# 110 SageInfinite @ 04/24/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
so if everything else is great (and that is a big if, I'll grant), but there's no chain gangs, then they didn't strive for greatness? are chain gangs the barometer for greatness?
It's not just chain gangs bro, chain gangs is just an example. It's that EA let's do just enough mentality. I'm tired of giving them the benefit of the doubt. This is the 5th game in this generation and they're just adding a small detail like refs on the field. If the gameplay was phenomenal sure I'd be nitpicking(maybe), but the lack of small details add up to a bigger problem with the overall outlook of their games.

I don't knock anyone for enjoying this game, to each his own, but the lack of realism, attention to detail, and football fundamentals is undeniable. At this stage in the game they still shouldn't be playing catch up, they should be close to perfecting the game. That's why football has been so terrible this gen, they've been doing nothing but playing catch up while trying to add gimmicks. I'm sorry but I'm just tired of it.

# 111 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/24/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Was it me or did he have accelerated clock on that went down to 25 seconds left on the play clock? I'm not talking about how last year and all the years before it went straight to 25. It looked like it went from 37 to 25 and also brought down the game clock 12 seconds too. I hope so!
Finally!!! FINALLY!!! They finally got the 40 second clock right this year!!! I've been waiting for this for like 3 years!!! Realistic drive lengths!! Finally!

# 112 TheWatcher @ 04/24/10 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It's not just chain gangs bro, chain gangs is just an example. It's that EA let's do just enough mentality. I'm tired of giving them the benefit of the doubt. This is the 5th game in this generation and they're just adding a small detail like refs on the field. If the gameplay was phenomenal sure I'd be nitpicking(maybe), but the lack of small details add up to a bigger problem with the overall outlook of their games.
Exactly. What bothers me most is that when they finally put them in, they do something to downgrade it all. The Show exists, 2K5 exists, 2K8 exists... they can see those games, they've played them, they know about those games incredible reputations. So my question is, what is going through their minds to think that they'd get that kind of praise while doing the opposite of what these all-time great presentation games did? It's almost like jumping out of a window and expecting to fall up. It just contains no sense.

# 113 reco @ 04/24/10 12:51 PM
great video! one thing i notice was they had bama linebackers in the wrong position. mlb#41 should be olb#41 and olb#35 should be mlb#35 i hope they change this before the demo.

# 114 J-Unit40 @ 04/24/10 12:52 PM
This game is going to be golden.

I really like how the ballcarrier moves now. It looks way more realistic than any other version of current gen.

The QB Read Option play was a thing of beauty! Finally!

And to think there really wasn't an ounce of ESPN Presentation in that video means it will only get better from here. Very nice.

It is going to be a long 2+ months.

# 115 SageInfinite @ 04/24/10 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Exactly. What bothers me most is that when they finally put them in, they do something to downgrade it all. The Show exists, 2K5 exists, 2K8 exists... they can see those games, they've played them, they know about those games incredible reputations. So my question is, what is going through their minds to think that they'd get that kind of praise while doing the opposite of what these all-time great presentation games did? It's almost like jumping out of a window and expecting to fall up. It just contains no sense.
It just boggles my mind.

# 116 SageInfinite @ 04/24/10 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40

And to think there really wasn't an ounce of ESPN Presentation in that video means it will only get better from here.
That's the sad part, it should've been a ton, lol. Hopefully it will get better like you say, but knowing EA, I don't expect much at all.

# 117 Triathlete_201 @ 04/24/10 12:59 PM
Looked pretty good. Love the graphics and ESPN integration. Hopefully, they can get rid of the stutter or lag and the end up plays.

# 118 J-Unit40 @ 04/24/10 01:03 PM
Quote:
That's the sad part, it should've been a ton, lol. Hopefully it will get better like you say, but knowing EA, I don't expect much at all.
I think they are holding back that feature a bit to really blow it up later.

I felt like Russ was skipping over stuff to save it for a video blog or something. I have no problem with that.

I honestly think they are going to knock it out of the park with the ESPN presentation. NCAA Basketball did one heckuva job with it and see them even going further with it for football. I'm ready!

# 119 Lynx34 @ 04/24/10 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
Finally!!! FINALLY!!! They finally got the 40 second clock right this year!!! I've been waiting for this for like 3 years!!! Realistic drive lengths!! Finally!
My guess is that it was fixed mostly to differentiate more between no-huddle teams and huddle teams. Fast play-callers in previous games could be back at the line almost as fast as calling no-huddle. But with the new system in place to compensate for no-huddle only teams (Auburn, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Missouri, etc.) so that everything dependent on the game clock is accurate.

Most important of which is fatigue. So a 8 play scoring drive by a traditional offense should take a a few minutes maybe 3, 3-and-a-half whereas a no-huddle team might get it done in 2 to 2-and-a-half minutes and the fatigue would be that much more accelerated to have to do as many plays in a much shorter time span.

At least, I hope it's implemented this way. It should be. But I believe it was noticed in previous years but they jumped it in order to allow for more offensive series in a game, but now they're forced to accept it in order to allow for their big back of the box feature to be done properly.

# 120 TracerBullet @ 04/24/10 01:04 PM
Quote:
I was trying to figure out if that was how it was going to be in the final product, or if that was just to hide what they were going to do with it since they used that demo to show gameplay. I'm really hoping for the latter, but you never know.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.