Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Gamespot has posted their hands-on impressions of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"Other noticeable changes in Madden include a new kicking meter and increased use of the d-pad. Instead of using the right stick to kick, you'll have a horizontal meter that appears on screen. After aiming your direction arrow, you press a button to set a cursor in motion on the meter, hit the button one the cursor is on the right side of the meter to gauge power, and hit the button a final time once the cursor returns to gauge accuracy. Last year's kicking meter didn't really bother me, so I'm not exactly sure why it's been revamped but I didn't miss any kicks with the new system, so it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ch46647 @ 04/26/10 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You will know a reviewer knows football when he spends more than 3 sentences talking about the new run blocking. Until you see a majority of the article detailing that aspect of the game, you're reading the opinions of amateurs.
Great hearing that! Hopefully that applies the the entire OL/DL interaction as well. The DL really needs more "win" animations where a big DT or rushing LB at full speed knocks pushed the OL into the backfield disrupting the play.

# 22 rsoxguy12 @ 04/26/10 11:57 AM
I'm excited by all the news coming in recently, but something caught my eye at the end of the article...

"but EA producers were saving details on changes to online play or franchise modes for a later date."

Changes to franchise mode? Hmmm...

# 23 brza37 @ 04/26/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You will know a reviewer knows football when he spends more than 3 sentences talking about the new run blocking. Until you see a majority of the article detailing that aspect of the game, you're reading the opinions of amateurs.
Can you comment on run blocking now AJ?

# 24 Valdarez @ 04/26/10 12:03 PM
A kicking meter? Really? That's their better kicking mechanism. I think we have Adembroski to thank for this one, per one of his other posts. *sigh* I'd still take APF2K8's kicking mechanism coupled with better feedback as to what you did right/wrong, and a pull back/push forward now icon to help users know how to kick.

Don't like the idea of using the D-Pad. It's really the most non-intuitive part of the controller for me. That's for any game, not just sports. I wonder what the bumpers will be used for now?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.