Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Blazelore @ 04/26/10 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Like Ian said in the video that he can't talk about other modes right now. But info is coming sooner are later on franchsie mode and other modes. Just going be a little while. I can't wait aswell.
Well that makes two of us.

# 22 Step2001 @ 04/26/10 10:13 PM
I understand what they are doing! The ratings of the players come into play more.

I played alot of Head Coach 09! I don't need to hear my D-Coord saying "He's running the wrong play" over & over again. Hopefully they are alot better!

Does this mean that we get a full coaching staff?

When promoting or bringing in a new Coordinator, does the teams playbook change? Does that coach just call the same plays as per the teams offense and defense systems?

Can the head coach take over playcalling duties on both sides of the ball?

# 23 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/26/10 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauchal
I would say that M11 could be a good game, but I know better.
Come on I know you want to fall for the hype train and all like the rest of us. Come on before it leaves the station my friend. I will by the ticket for you.

# 24 dmick4324 @ 04/26/10 11:20 PM
Quote:
Come on I know you want to fall for the hype train and all like the rest of us. Come on before it leaves the station my friend. I will by the ticket for you.

Lol. I for one am on the first car of the hype train. Madden and NCAA look improved with NCAA probably improving the most. Seeing that gameplay was really focused on I can't help but be excited for both games. Throw in Backbreaker as well and I'm going to have my hands full this year with football video games!!

# 25 Hushroom @ 04/26/10 11:31 PM
With all of the information we have now, I'm going to buy this game asap no doubt.

If they give us info about the offline franchise mode being improved, I will play this game 7 days a week for multiple hours. Offline franchise is the most important thing to me in video games. Games like CH2k8, MLB The Show...those are GREAT franchise modes. I hope Madden can relate to those SOMEHOW and make this game a classic.

# 26 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/26/10 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Lol. I for one am on the first car of the hype train. Madden and NCAA look improved with NCAA probably improving the most. Seeing that gameplay was really focused on I can't help but be excited for both games. Throw in Backbreaker as well and I'm going to have my hands full this year with football video games!!
Agreed bro. It's looking good for this year. But it is still early. But I'm hyped up as usual. Never fails.

# 27 boooey @ 04/26/10 11:34 PM
Quote:
is this the train your talking about?

all kidding aside, i think there was some actual substance this time with some of the new features Ian was talking about instead of just the usual hype bs.

Only time will tell if this new locomotion system is truly something new and fresh.

Its just funny how every year.. year after year after year, Ian is always claiming this is the year they really overhauled the game, and got it right.. yet the outcome is always something different.
Especially this year, when he is basically calling last years Madden 10 game "old tech".

It just kinds of ruins the whole credibility thing for me.. but we shall see..

# 28 CreatineKasey @ 04/26/10 11:42 PM
Well Boooey, to be fair to Ian last year was his first year leading the charge and things did change drastically. Going off of that, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

# 29 boooey @ 04/26/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Well Boooey, to be fair to Ian last year was his first year leading the charge and things did change drastically. Going off of that, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
yes, you are correct, last year was his first full year as the "lead" guy.. but he has been doing these dev interviews for years since 07 saying the same things..
The videos are out there.. i am not gonna post links to them.
but that is what I am talking about..

# 30 Magaman @ 04/26/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Geez! Extreme close-up of Ian's face. I swear that was just a random dude with a friend who happened to bring a camcorder. Ian didn't look to excited for that interview lol!
It was the end of the night, we were one of the last to interview him. Just think 8 hours of non-stop talking would drain you pretty fast. Oh and I brought the camera on purpose.

# 31 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/27/10 12:29 AM
Quote:
Boooey he is right. Last year was Ian first year as head designer. It is taking a few year for him to clean up the mess the last madden team left behind for him. He is getting it together and it just takes time. Like the old saying goes. " Rome was not build in a day". Madden want be great again in one year. It's taking him and his team time to get things right.

# 32 Matt10 @ 04/27/10 02:28 AM
I never understood the mentality of producers, directors feeling the need to be "hush" about certain game modes. Even then not showing everything all at once.

Imagine how many bugs and how much input we as the community could have if there were not all these new "features" brought up every week. Seriously....there wouldn't be an excuse for them to leave certain features out or we wouldn't complain about an "unfinished product".

It's like the company wants to show off a bit...to who??? Your competitors? Psssttt...there are none.

Just show everything of where you (EA) are at now, and dish it out, and then let the community dish out their thoughts - honestly, what is there to lose?

"Madden 2011...Nothing to lose." that should be the motto for the game, you'd be surprised how good the game would turn out.

# 33 Klocker @ 04/27/10 03:02 AM
come on LIVE rosters and games!!

# 34 Magaman @ 04/27/10 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen92
Well what about the WR/DB interaction?? Did u guys ask him about that?
What do you mean? From playing the game it seemed greatly improved, trying to score a TD in the redzone lead to some good looking coverage by the DBs.

# 35 JMD @ 04/27/10 08:43 AM
Madden Ultimate Team is in from day 1. Nice, this game is getting better every day.

# 36 Matt10 @ 04/27/10 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
That is the best take I have heard in any thread ever! I see what guys like LBzrule brings up, and I think the same thing - EA has no NFL competition so why not get the community more involved with "testing" or even just looking at game-play footage and being able to say "Hey Ian, the DEs are still not rushing right, or the DBs are still doing that "run the route before the receiver" deal or whatever".

"Nothing to lose" - I am on board with the new slogan!
Glad you're on board, man - maybe people will start to listen - and you never know if the developers could change their concept of building a video game. Because seriously, they have nothing to lose...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.