Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 11 blog, featuring game flow and game planning.

Quote:
"Fixing play call was not an easy thing to do. It's easily one of the most used screens in the game and everyone wants something different from it. Changing such a major part of the game is a scary thing to do. Every football game since football games have been around has done pretty much the same thing. The play call screen pops up, you flip through the plays, pick a play, and then you run the play you picked. Calling plays like this is the standard. I was extremely nervous to mess with the formula, but the fact is, the way you have been calling plays in Madden NFL for 20+ years is actually not authentic to the way coaches do it."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Purple28Pedestrian @ 04/28/10 08:10 PM
I just wish that the gameplan would be implemented so in addition to picking your favourite plays per situation you could set the mentality on how the offense should attack or the defense should defend.

ex. when on defense you could set your team to be more focused on stopping the run rather than the pass, and vice versa. Essentially it is all the franchise position sliders that never seem to work.

I'd like to play against the vikings and have my defense set up for the run, because unfortunately even plays designed to stop the run don't always work. that's why i think we need the ability to pick our plays per situation, but also have the team use a certain mentality going into the game.

such as playing the Colts you could have your d-line more focused on pass rush trying to get to 18 rather than trying to stop the run.

I didn't voice it very well, but i wish that there was more implementation that just a way to organize your plays.

# 42 roadman @ 04/28/10 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Not to be a Negative Nancy but:

A) I highly doubt John Madden brought this to the forefront...they were looking for ways to speed up the game.

B) Unfortunately I think it'll get stale. I mean you're going to hear the same thing several times a game...multiply that by how many times you play an entire game and it's going to get old quickly unless they were creative.
A) It's the third or fourth time I've seen in previews/interviews/blogs what have you, state that Madden did say that there are too many plays in the playbook. He said no coach carries 350 plays in a binder. I don't see any reason to doubt that part of it.

B) If it get's stale, go back to the old way of calling plays.

# 43 jfsolo @ 04/28/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
After reading that blog, I'm completely sold on this idea now. The fact that EVERYTHING is an option will please alot of people, not to mention the fact that you can also customize the CPU gameplans too?

And people DONT like this? Seriously?! I think it's brilliant.
I hope it isn't necessary, but for offline only franchise players, the ability to customizing the CPU game plans is a great addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
That's a legitimate request. It should definitely be an option.

If someone really just wants absolutely nothing to do with gameflow, dont further agitate them by forcing them to look at it every single play. And on the flip side, if someone no longer wants to see the playbook, let them also choose to only use gameflow.
I'm guessing that they won't let people only use Game Flow. I would imaging that even the most ardent supporter of Game Flow will want to have the option of seeing the playbook. Say one or more of your key players gets injured and is out for the game. That would cause many players to totally abandon their previous game plan and if playbook was off, then they would be stuck running the plays that were set up for their starters/star players.

# 44 Hova57 @ 04/28/10 09:12 PM
my favorite part was 15 plays per situation

# 45 Valdarez @ 04/28/10 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I think what Val was talking about is can you turn it off from the game menu INGAME. For example, if your starting QB gets hurt in the 1st qtr, you obviously can't use your gameplan/gameflow anymore unless you have a capable backup which most teams don't have. In that case you would want to turn off the gameflow/gameplan and call your own plays. If you can't turn it off in the menu then every play from then on you're going to have to press x or whatever to call your own plays. On the other hand, if you can turn it off in the menu then you can turn it off and call your plays the rest of the game. I think that's what he was talking about. correct me if I'm wrong val.
Yeah. I want to turn it off via a menu, not have to hit a button every time. Hitting the button should only be used to override the coaches play call, not to disable GameFlow. i.e. It's part of GameFlow, not a setting to enable/disable GameFlow.

# 46 coogrfan @ 04/28/10 11:09 PM
I really like the sound of this, especially as it relates to cpu playcalling. Here's hoping we will see something similar in NCAA as well.

# 47 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/28/10 11:29 PM
Nice blog EA. Good read. Nothing new but a good read altogether.

# 48 Bgamer90 @ 04/28/10 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yeah. I want to turn it off via a menu, not have to hit a button every time. Hitting the button should only be used to override the coaches play call, not to disable GameFlow. i.e. It's part of GameFlow, not a setting to enable/disable GameFlow.
Yeah, and it seems like you will be.

What spliff was talking about was turning it off from a menu in game which I don't know if whether or not you can do but it has basically been said that you can turn it off before getting into a game.

# 49 rsoxguy12 @ 04/29/10 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKAY OKAY
Again - how will this work online?

Say the person on offense wants to use gameflow (auto pick your play) and the person on defense doesn't want to use gameflow, whereas they want to go pick their play from the game plan or the whole playbook?

What will happen in this situation?
Your xbox explodes.

# 50 RedZoneD25 @ 04/29/10 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
Your xbox explodes.
I believe it.

# 51 parrothead @ 04/29/10 01:19 AM
I wonder if you can give one team another teams Gameflow/Gameplan. Like say I'm the Cowboys, and I don't want to chuck the ball all over the fiel ala Jason Garret, but want to play a more run oriented game like maybe what the Redskins will probably play this year. Can I give the Redskins Gameflow/Gameplan stuff to the Cowboys, just like that. It would be cool I guess.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.