Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 EL_GABE @ 04/30/10 02:29 AM
my ufc 2010 demo wont install? goes to 14 % everytime and stops and it saids error occured during install this is happening on my ps3 n i got 56gb free is ther anythin i can do to get it 100 install?

# 102 Vast @ 04/30/10 02:40 AM
Wow, the KOs are perfect. Got knocked out twice in a row by Rampage using Shad in the 1st round.
They def cleaned up the hit detection and the knockouts.
Also the decision announcing is also improved, more dramatic. They wait just before buffer announces to show the scores.
Only negative I saw, was that Shogun didn't have a muay Thai clinch, so I couldn't do his Knees.
Anyone figure out how?

# 103 EarvGotti @ 04/30/10 02:44 AM
Please, someone tell me how do you posture up for the full mount???

Everytime i try it, he keeps going back to side control....im usin major and minor trans. Help Please!!!

# 104 trockz2000 @ 04/30/10 02:53 AM
earvgotti, push up with the RS and to the side. a quarter movement. either up to side or down to side.

# 105 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/30/10 02:53 AM
Ok taking machida down is hard as hell. And keeping him down is even harder. The ratings seem to matter this year that is for sure.

# 106 hogfan @ 04/30/10 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Wow, the KOs are perfect. Got knocked out twice in a row by Rampage using Shad in the 1st round.
They def cleaned up the hit detection and the knockouts.
Also the decision announcing is also improved, more dramatic. They wait just before buffer announces to show the scores.
Only negative I saw, was that Shogun didn't have a muay Thai clinch, so I couldn't do his Knees.
Anyone figure out how?
Shogun does have the Tai clinch in the game. I took Rashad out with it earlier.

# 107 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/30/10 02:55 AM
HOLY CRAP just TKO'ed me from back side mount with punches.

# 108 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/30/10 02:59 AM
Ok now Machida just RNC my butt.

# 109 oChaos_Nine @ 04/30/10 03:13 AM
Got my code just a minute ago, took me two minutes to register and get my code. Simple. But I was getting pissed because the download would never start and kept saying pending. Left it there for a few minutes and now it's 10%. Going pretty fast so far. Will report back with my impressions.

# 110 EarvGotti @ 04/30/10 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trockz2000
earvgotti, push up with the RS and to the side. a quarter movement. either up to side or down to side.

I tried that. It seems like they changed the mount up position this year because I looked on the Action List while I was postured up a bit(but he was still holding my head) and it didnt have any buttons available to posture up any further. So im assuming thats as far as you can go.

Unless im doing something wrong. Has anyone else got the Mount Top position they had in 2009 yet??

# 111 godylla @ 04/30/10 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I tried that. It seems like they changed the mount up position this year because I looked on the Action List while I was postured up a bit(but he was still holding my head) and it didnt have any buttons available to posture up any further. So im assuming thats as far as you can go.

Unless im doing something wrong. Has anyone else got the Mount Top position they had in 2009 yet??
It is different this year. If you are patient and bide your time and pick your shots you will posture up further, and further allowing you to drop bigger and stronger punches rather than doing one transition and automatically being in the full posture and raining down hard punches.

# 112 ps3veron @ 04/30/10 05:16 AM
Hows the menu fellas? Easier to navigate and less cumbersome than last year?

# 113 JoeMimic @ 04/30/10 05:38 AM
There isn't much to do in terms of navigating menus but they've definitely cleaned it up and I think it's going to be a much better experience. I got one game in before I had to goto work, took Shogun against Rampage on expert. Back and forth match the entire time, I definitely wanted to see how the leg kicks worked so I went with those the majority of the time. Rampage was winging bombs and taking me down pretty much at will from the clinch. We both dropped each other once in the 2nd round, I haven't gotten the sway down either and paid for it each time I tried to figure it out. 3rd round comes and I notice both fighters moving a lot slower, punches are being thrown slower and now when kicking at Rampage's leg it's starting to buckle and he's limping. I end up winning via uni decision, I really thought I lost because he took me down several times but didn't do much. The scorecard reading is improved but I don't like the end because it puts up the third judges score before Buffer gets to reading it although it didn't matter much because I had won the first two on the scorecard. I believe it was 29-28, 28-27, 29-28.

Definitely loving how you can tell fighters aren't all the same this year, I can't wait to get home and play more.

# 114 DakkoN @ 04/30/10 06:01 AM
Can't say I'm crazy about the game this year. I loved UFC 09. Standup game is improved but still has a long way to go to be on par with FNR4. Probably going to pass on the game this year or at least until it price drops.

I did get a good kick out of Rashad's corner man telling him "don't try the superman punch.. we don't need that bull****" though..

# 115 redskinst21 @ 04/30/10 08:37 AM
Game is great... First thing i noticed was the game is much smoother the fighters dont seem as stiff as they were last year. other things i noticed:

- Still easy to KO someone on medium difficulty
- Rua is a takedown and submission machinne, got sub 4 times by him lol
- On meduim difficulty i played 10 matches i didnt get KO once..bummer
- Computer charges you if you try and fight on the outside (Anti Anderson Silva lol)
- On flash KO computer does try and protect its self now when they get kncoked down.
- you can finish fights alot more ways than last year.
- Leg kicks are not as easy to land espicially if you become predictable.
- The AI does a good job of defending it self, gone are the days of just sitting there and punching till there KO

Overall the game is much more improved than last year, still not to sure how i fell about using the cage, i always seem to be in a bad position no matter how i approach it but i have not worked enough with it yet so i cant give my thoughts on the cage part. Still no entrances which is a bummer but the post fight announcment with sponsered shirts is a nice little touch.

# 116 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 08:49 AM
questions after first play - when a guy goes for a take down - does spinning the right analog prevent it like last years game? I kept getting taken down and I was spinning like a madman.

How do you break out of the clinch ? now that the controls are like the ground game I can't seem to get out of it - usually get thrown down.

Can you do anything to get out of being black & white when knocked to the ground (like press buttons or spin the analog) to come back to your senses?

Thanks - first impressions, I'm liking it - it's quicker than last year - the AI is a lot more difficult on the harder levels (but I think I will adapt once I learn some of the new controls) - knockouts look great - they don't seem too frequent or rare, I like the changes to the visuals especially the ground game animations

# 117 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/30/10 09:04 AM
Ok I played this game way into the morning, barely got any sleep. One thing I can say for sure this year is that RATNGS actually matter this year.

Land a strong leg kick with Rua and Rashad. I could clearly see Rua strong leg kick did 3 times more damage then Rashad. Same thing goes with the knees to the body.

Even though pretty much everybody got most of the same moves, there are differrent levels of that same move. So therefore not everybody can land the same damage, which is nice.

Speaking of leg kicks, you can clearly see the difference between a strong leg kick and just a regular leg kick. With regular leg kicks, it takes about 3 or 4 in a row for the cpu AI to react to it and start to counter it or protect their leg. Land ONE strong leg kick though and they will react right then and there.

I cracked Machida with some strong leg kicks and I noticed he didn't have that same bounce in his sways anymore. His sways were slower and shorter. So insttead of swaying he was circling and looking for the take down more. Even though with his damage leg, he couldn't take me down with ease like he was prior to me messing his leg up.

You can clearly see the difference in submission skill level too. With Machida and Rua, you could lock on a sub real fast and get out of them with ease too. Wasn't the same with Rashad and Rampage. You had to really tire down your oipponent to lock on a sub with a wrestler.

Cage work was excellent. Everytime you got too close to the cage no matter who the fighter was, they would bull rush you into the cage. Wrestlers used it to bounce you off into a powerful slam. Where as Machida and Rua used it to pepper you with knees to your legs and body.

Speaking knees to the legs, everytime Machida had me from behind standing up, he would pepper the back of my legs with knees, which caused my takedown defense to weaken and he would slam me down.

Which was nice to see. Pretty much for every action there is a reaction in this game. Which makes it more life like. AI is pretty damn good at adapting to your style on the hgiher 2 difficulty levels. You simply can't do the same move over and over again.

They willl sway and counter your butt with the quickness. I am really digging all the new subs in this game. They are awesome to see. Especially the sub transitions into another sub.

CPU vs CPU is LOVELY. Can't wait to do all the recent PPV's in CPU vs CPU, just to see who would win. I did Machida vs Rua and that was a war and very fun to watch.

Must buy for sure for me. 100% better then 09.

# 118 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/30/10 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
questions after first play - when a guy goes for a take down - does spinning the right analog prevent it like last years game? I kept getting taken down and I was spinning like a madman.

How do you break out of the clinch ? now that the controls are like the ground game I can't seem to get out of it - usually get thrown down.

Can you do anything to get out of being black & white when knocked to the ground (like press buttons or spin the analog) to come back to your senses?

Thanks - first impressions, I'm liking it - it's quicker than last year - the AI is a lot more difficult on the harder levels (but I think I will adapt once I learn some of the new controls) - knockouts look great - they don't seem too frequent or rare, I like the changes to the visuals especially the ground game animations
Just hold back on the right stick when you see them try for a takedown. You will under hook them and from there you can transitiion to over and under, etc. But unlike last year........this year ratings matter.

So for some fighters it will be much easier to prevent take downs and counter them. Same thing goes for the clinch. It is all about timing and picking your spots this year and REALLY using a fighters stength.

Can't play the same way with every fighter this year, that is for damn sure.

# 119 frnkpw13 @ 04/30/10 09:15 AM
well i guess i registered late for the demo cause when i go to the undisputed site its on lock down. so when do ppl like me get to play the demo without a code? next week maybe?

# 120 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkpw13
well i guess i registered late for the demo cause when i go to the undisputed site its on lock down. so when do ppl like me get to play the demo without a code? next week maybe?

yeah it should be out within a week or so

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.