Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports have posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one showcases the pregame entrances.

Quote:
"Pageantry and Tradition; two words commonly used to describe what separates college football as one of the greatest experiences in sports today. Contrary to popular belief, not all of the action takes place on the field... and one of the hallmarks of collegiate football is how you get there. From Howard's Rock at Clemson, to the "Play like a Champion Today" sign at Notre Dame, to the roar of the crowd as our favorite team takes the field, we've recreated some of your favorite traditions before kickoff and brought them to you like never before.

As I wrote in my last blog, we really wanted to strengthen our authenticity and presentation in NCAA 11. And to do that, we knew pregame entrances were a major component of building a great foundation. We've created run outs for some of the most popular schools based on who you pledged your loyalty to in last year's title, including Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Tech, Florida State, and more."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 its flav @ 05/04/10 06:35 PM
IDK if I can tell or not but it looks like the big house renovation is in.

# 22 The GIGGAS @ 05/04/10 06:36 PM
So they didn't show anything about VT's? The video crashed before I saw it all. I really hope they have them slapping the Hokiestone. It'd be pretty stupid if they had Tennessee's (which is pretty much the same thing) without VT's, since they're so similar, and need small changes.

# 23 J-Unit40 @ 05/04/10 06:36 PM
I had to post again because I got goosebumps even the second time around!

Damn, do the graphics look awesome or what!?

# 24 godylla @ 05/04/10 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by its flav
IDK if I can tell or not but it looks like the big house renovation is in.

It does look to be that way. One hell of an eye you got there.

# 25 TracerBullet @ 05/04/10 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Aw, no Oregon coming out with the Duck on a motorcycle?
I wanted that one in but if its not I'll bet it just has to do with them animating the motorcycle.

# 26 Solidice @ 05/04/10 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I had to post again because I got goosebumps even the second time around!

Damn, do the graphics look awesome or what!?
the lighting and shadowing when they were about to leave the tunnel(the Tennessee one at the begining specifically) was sick(good).

# 27 HarkTheSound @ 05/04/10 06:42 PM
Um. Wow. *Kneels*

# 28 cparrish @ 05/04/10 06:43 PM
What will really make this over the top is if they added to the sound of the stadiums. Really make it pop! Make it feel immersive, as if you were in the stadium itself.

# 29 Lava @ 05/04/10 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Where in the video is Miami?
They aren't in the video, but there is a screenshot included in the blog of them.

# 30 Solidice @ 05/04/10 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Where in the video is Miami?
I'm guessing he is talking about the screenshot

# 31 GatorChomp1 @ 05/04/10 06:51 PM
This looks amazing. I know some teams will have specific entrances. I would bet that other teams probably have generic ones. That'll get you pumped up to play.

Side note: #9 on OSU was wearing a half sleeve, 1st time I've seen it. Time to look closely for other new things.

# 32 whittleboy615 @ 05/04/10 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjacks10
Ok...they got me.

I hate you guys, I really do.

I'm assuming that the actual running through the T is also in
. That's pretty much the meat & potatoes of the entrance.
Doesn't look like they added bands on the field. They probably would've said something about that or showed it off if they did. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Still looks great. Anxiously awaiting the demo.

# 33 whittleboy615 @ 05/04/10 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
This looks amazing. I know some teams will have specific entrances. I would bet that other teams probably have generic ones. That'll get you pumped up to play.

Side note: #9 on OSU was wearing a half sleeve, 1st time I've seen it. Time to look closely for other new things.
They already talked about new gear in one of the earlier blogs.

# 34 tyler741 @ 05/04/10 06:53 PM
........Iowa doesn't run onto the field led by an American flag.. lol.

Iowa runs onto the field in "the swarm"..

# 35 GatorChomp1 @ 05/04/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
They already talked about new gear in one of the earlier blogs.
Yeah I know, I just was happy to actually see it.

# 36 sportznut02 @ 05/04/10 06:55 PM
Hell Yes....... It just keeps getting better and better but I`m still not buying the game if they do not have dreads

# 37 its flav @ 05/04/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
Hell Yes....... It just keeps getting better and better but I`m still not buying the game if they do not have dreads
No dreads.. I saw when Michigan game out of the tunnel that Tae odoms didn't have em.

By the way for the guy who said the half sleeves. Here is a pic

# 38 Rivals @ 05/04/10 06:59 PM
Wooooow... this exceeded my expectations graphically. Even the fan rendering looked good, which really incorporates that feeling of home field advantage.

# 39 sportzbro @ 05/04/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
........Iowa doesn't run onto the field led by an American flag.. lol.

Iowa runs onto the field in "the swarm"..
Exactly my thoughts.. I think they were thinking of the 2002 Orange Bowl, o well. Pretty sure Texas does the American flag thing.

Regardless... this is F'in awesome. NCAA is some great dynasty news away from being back imo.

# 40 GaryT531 @ 05/04/10 07:00 PM
looks awesome, can't wait to see more. graphics look great. so far EA has been listening

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.