Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports have posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one showcases the pregame entrances.

Quote:
"Pageantry and Tradition; two words commonly used to describe what separates college football as one of the greatest experiences in sports today. Contrary to popular belief, not all of the action takes place on the field... and one of the hallmarks of collegiate football is how you get there. From Howard's Rock at Clemson, to the "Play like a Champion Today" sign at Notre Dame, to the roar of the crowd as our favorite team takes the field, we've recreated some of your favorite traditions before kickoff and brought them to you like never before.

As I wrote in my last blog, we really wanted to strengthen our authenticity and presentation in NCAA 11. And to do that, we knew pregame entrances were a major component of building a great foundation. We've created run outs for some of the most popular schools based on who you pledged your loyalty to in last year's title, including Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Tech, Florida State, and more."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Barkley7 @ 05/04/10 07:17 PM
Holy crap that looked amazing, really not much to say about it when you see it.
Great job EA with the presentation.

# 62 bigmike20000 @ 05/04/10 07:17 PM
so in reading the article is it safe to say that the top 30 or so teams in season showdown from last year are the ones getting entrances

# 63 Rivals @ 05/04/10 07:19 PM
Ehh... most schools sort of have generic entrances. They get hyped up in the tunnel and then run out onto the field. There may be small discrepancies, but that's the gist of what many schools do. What will make it unique for each school with a generic entrance are stadium sounds.

# 64 vatechfan44 @ 05/04/10 07:20 PM
Yes, it says that Virginia Tech is in.

# 65 BigRick47 @ 05/04/10 07:20 PM
Wisconsin, Michigan State, Illinois...(Big Ten)

# 66 DDP24 @ 05/04/10 07:23 PM
I thought the entrances would be cool, but not that cool!!! Man, did you see how Tennessee's Locker Room had their trademark checkered pattern on the walls? Friggin' unbelievable. I hope they have USC players jumping up and down outside the tunnel (If Coach Kiffin still let's them do it).

I'm so glad I already paid my game off. I just had a feeling about this year. Hope everybody gets their teams entrances. Didn't they say around 30 specific enteances ?

# 67 huskerwr38 @ 05/04/10 07:23 PM
WOW! I got goosebumps watching that! I'm so excited for the game this year.

# 68 Morning Thunder @ 05/04/10 07:25 PM
wonder if south carolinas made it??

# 69 SageInfinite @ 05/04/10 07:26 PM
That was pretty sick I can't front.

# 70 Rivals @ 05/04/10 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc79
I fell asleep
This is what I'm saying. No disrespect, but Rutgers entrance is just Miami's entrance without the football helmet. All that big screen stuff beforehand is superfluous to this feature.

# 71 sportzbro @ 05/04/10 07:31 PM
Ok from earlier vids I could have sworn that the 2009 Nike Vapors were in the game... Upon further review, it looks like the 2010 (brand new ones) that players were wearing in BCS bowl games have made the game.

I hate to say it, but I'm stoked about this game. Keep it coming. I am almost willing to bet that they are going to drop a bombshell in regards to dynasty in a few weeks... that will officially make me crack.

# 72 Palo20 @ 05/04/10 07:32 PM
Awesome addition to the game.

Can't wait to see all of the entrances...

# 73 sinc79 @ 05/04/10 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
........Iowa doesn't run onto the field led by an American flag.. lol.

Iowa runs onto the field in "the swarm"..
Great, now we get to listen to everyone complain about how their team specifically runs out on the field. It's just an animation, meant to make the game more exciting. Can you try to use some imagination when playing the video game.

# 74 its flav @ 05/04/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Ok from earlier vids I could have sworn that the 2009 Nike Vapors were in the game... Upon further review, it looks like the 2010 (brand new ones) that players were wearing in BCS bowl games have made the game.

I hate to say it, but I'm stoked about this game. Keep it coming. I am almost willing to bet that they are going to drop a bombshell in regards to dynasty in a few weeks... that will officially make me crack.
If you're saying that you're hyped about the game that means alot! haha

# 75 sportzbro @ 05/04/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc79
Great, now we get to listen to everyone complain about how their team specifically runs out on the field. It's just an animation, meant to make the game more exciting. Can you try to use some imagination when playing the video game.
Honestly, I'm not really that upset. I'm happy we even have an entrance.

# 76 rudyjuly2 @ 05/04/10 07:37 PM
Another fantastic blog. This clearly isn't NCAA 10.5. This is more like NCAA 13. I think Russ and Ben got in a DeLorean and hit 88 mph. Can't believe there are so many improvements this year.

# 77 sinc79 @ 05/04/10 07:39 PM
Born4Corn: it's cool bro.

What I really want to know, is for the team specific entrances, do they have actual sound? Like the VaTech 'enter sandman' or Nebraska 'tunnel music' etc. Or do they have announcers introducing the teams etc. Did anyone gather anything on this?

# 78 CurryStorm @ 05/04/10 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Thunder
wonder if south carolinas made it??
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a bad feeling it didn't, just like I have a feeling Virginia Tech's didn't make it. EA probably focused on the ones that didn't involve music. Virginia Tech's and South Carolina's entrances are the 2 best (yeah, I'm biased) but both of them require having a specific song in order for them to be effective. I seriously doubt EA ponied up the money for "Enter Sandman" and "2001" and instead focused on entrances where the teams just run out hand-in-hand, arm-in-arm, rubbing some guy's rocks, or whatever.

# 79 Bolt957 @ 05/04/10 07:41 PM
The dream is finally coming true! Finally we have a college football video game that we can actually appreciate this year! Finally we have ESPN and pregame entrances!

# 80 duckfever8 @ 05/04/10 07:44 PM
Custom stadium sounds will more than likely include an option for entraces, so Enter Sandman and songs like that can be added for authenticity.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.