Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports have posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one showcases the pregame entrances.

Quote:
"Pageantry and Tradition; two words commonly used to describe what separates college football as one of the greatest experiences in sports today. Contrary to popular belief, not all of the action takes place on the field... and one of the hallmarks of collegiate football is how you get there. From Howard's Rock at Clemson, to the "Play like a Champion Today" sign at Notre Dame, to the roar of the crowd as our favorite team takes the field, we've recreated some of your favorite traditions before kickoff and brought them to you like never before.

As I wrote in my last blog, we really wanted to strengthen our authenticity and presentation in NCAA 11. And to do that, we knew pregame entrances were a major component of building a great foundation. We've created run outs for some of the most popular schools based on who you pledged your loyalty to in last year's title, including Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Tech, Florida State, and more."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 statum71 @ 05/04/10 08:31 PM
Like it.

# 122 Vikefan24 @ 05/04/10 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Just saw this, look at that helmet sticker Iowa fans.

Exactly what I was going to mention.. I'm just thrilled that Iowa is in this hype vid.. Sure it isn't the SWARM, but this is a huge step forward, and it means that next year the entrances will be even better, as opposed to waiting til next year for only 20-30 teams..

And the ANF sticker is <3

# 123 boredhusband @ 05/04/10 08:32 PM
oh yeah that was iowa, my bad

# 124 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/04/10 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
Damn, that was awesome to say the least! Hell of a job there EA!

Now, I cannot wait to see my noles come out! Will chief osceola be riding atop renegade? If that is in then holysh*t I will be amazed!
I think I'd pass out if they have that in.

# 125 noles_fan21 @ 05/04/10 08:35 PM
GREAT JOB NCAA 11 TEAM FINALLY!!!!!!! THEY GOT MA NOLES IN LETS SEE HOW THEY DO US NOLE FANS GO NOLES!!!!

PS... THE GAME IS LOOKING GOOD!!! IM HYPED GAMESTOP PRE ORDER IN..

# 126 Hiro1 @ 05/04/10 08:37 PM
Just watched the above links for VTs entrance. IMO its not really all that unique. I like Clemson's entrance, yeah they touch a ROCK and run down a hill. Simple yes, but who else does that no one. FSU's Oseola rides out on a horse plants a flaming spear midfield. simple yes, but no one else does it. VT entrance= fans jumping up and down while team runs out to a song. Simple yes, but every team in the country does that plus more. Just my opinion from watching the vids. I love this game already!!

# 127 AuburnAlumni @ 05/04/10 08:39 PM

# 128 19 @ 05/04/10 08:40 PM
After a hellish day, this made me happy.

# 129 Solidice @ 05/04/10 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

# 130 drlw322 @ 05/04/10 08:45 PM
They are using last years roster for these vids. Juice Williams and Benn are still on the ILL roster in the entrance. I think they're probably still working on the rosters.

On another note. I would love to see Tommy Trojan ride out on the white horse and stick that sword in the middle of the field. And then see USC players hit the "I'M IN" sign

And then walk out of the tunnel with arms locked

# 131 sooner66 @ 05/04/10 08:46 PM
Play like a champion started at OU not Notre Dame. It should be in OU's walk out.

# 132 BenGerman @ 05/04/10 08:49 PM
Awesome. Just...

I hope the teams that don't have entrances get generic ones. Also, as a lot of people have said, it would be nice to have a custom track slot for entrances. Good job EA, now all you have left is Dynasty, and to be honest Ive never had real big problems there.

# 133 19 @ 05/04/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Good job EA, now all you have left is Dynasty, and to be honest Ive never had real big problems there.
As long as they improve the poll & BCS logic, and make sure progression works as it should. I'll be OK without them not adding Coaching Carousel this year.

# 134 reco @ 05/04/10 08:55 PM
this is good news, i wonder what else ea will surprise us with next?

# 135 Banks1212 @ 05/04/10 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
There is nothing unique and exciting about running out of a lockerroom and touching a sign or banner is what I'm saying. I personally love FSU's entrance because of the spear that is unique, just like Traveler galloping out to midfield and his rider placing the sword in the center of the field at the coliseum. My point is that those kind of entrances are far and away better because of there uniqueness then just simply touching a sign....especially when the sign has lost its entire meaning this decade....when Notre Dame can beat Navy (or for that matter USC) then that sign will mean something again, until then it's just a bunch of kids touching a piece of metal....
Name another team that runs out and touches the banner? If you can, name one that has done it for over 50 years. This is something called tradition. If it is something you grew up in and know the history about it, (like when Ohio State came out before Mich and tore it down) it would pump you up. It is a very important part of Michigan football and is one of the most recognizable things in all of sports.

# 136 MaizeHaze @ 05/04/10 08:57 PM
Team entrances has been on the top of my wishlist since I started playing back with '02! I'm so stoked right now! And seeing that the new expansion to Michigan Stadium looks to be in is a double win today!

# 137 csfan20 @ 05/04/10 09:00 PM
would still like to see real entrances e.g. FSU Osceola and Renegade, VT Enter Sandman, Nebraska Tunnel Walk, etc.....

# 138 cdawg44 @ 05/04/10 09:04 PM
Headed out to go reserve my copy now. I cant hate on the game any longer. LOL. Jesus, I might flunk out medical school because of this game.

# 139 Catamount53 @ 05/04/10 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csfan20
would still like to see real entrances e.g. FSU Osceola and Renegade, VT Enter Sandman, Nebraska Tunnel Walk, etc.....

Yea I was surprised that they didnt show any of the more unique ones like FSU, Nebraska, or of course CLEMSON.

on another note Clemson has new uniforms in the game.

# 140 Tengo Juego @ 05/04/10 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Still no love for adidas...
I really hope we get these(player with ball). But I'm highly doubting it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.