Home
Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 21 polamalu82 @ 05/07/10 07:57 PM
Man I can't wait to get this game! Games looking great. Come on June 1st!!

# 22 radatdude2 @ 05/07/10 07:59 PM
yeah i like the control scheme its innovative like 2k did with the shot stick. See this is what we need the more media that's out there the more people see how realistic it is and become more interested.

# 23 JayBee74 @ 05/07/10 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
yeah i like the control scheme its innovative like 2k did with the shot stick. See this is what we need the more media that's out there the more people see how realistic it is and become more interested.
How did English Guys come up with unique Agile/Aggressive control scheme for a American video football game? What do they know?

# 24 jdr4693 @ 05/07/10 08:04 PM
This game reminds me a lot of the game SKATE. When it came out, it was very different, new and refreshing from what Tony Hawk had done. Skate implemented everything being done with the joystick just like Backbreaker is doing. While, Madden is the game that uses buttons like Tony Hawk did.

# 25 LeonM @ 05/07/10 08:19 PM
The camera view has been tweaked perfectly. This looks much better than I expected. The controls are excellent. Hard not to get excited about playing this game after watching that video.

# 26 Altimus @ 05/07/10 08:57 PM
Looks really good. I'm officially hyped for this game now after be on and off.

Also they really wanted us to know how everything is physics based in that tutorial.

# 27 jmood88 @ 05/07/10 09:00 PM
The running animations don't look right.

# 28 thedude213 @ 05/07/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Really? I think they look pretty fluid. A little upright, but that doesn't bother me.

# 29 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/07/10 09:26 PM
Nice video on the running game controls and all. Looking forward to trying it out.

# 30 CreatineKasey @ 05/07/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
I think it's the angle of the torso. Runners are upright, where I think in real life guys have their shoulders lower and more leaned forward when doing moves like that.

Regardless, it looks really good. I like their control scheme. It looks really intuitive to jump the pile... it'll be a good addition to the game as that's a very popular way to score with the right athlete. They made a point to show some nice blocking which I definitely noticed.

The truck stick looks fun!

# 31 GIveMeR3alFooTball @ 05/07/10 09:44 PM
i agree that the running is a lil upright but when they juke or shoulder charge they get low and thats looks very smooth and natural. i hope they make vids about every other aspects of football, defense, special teams, and passing

# 32 TreyIM2 @ 05/07/10 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
This game reminds me a lot of the game SKATE. When it came out, it was very different, new and refreshing from what Tony Hawk had done. Skate implemented everything being done with the joystick just like Backbreaker is doing. While, Madden is the game that uses buttons like Tony Hawk did.
I thought the same thing a couple weeks ago, without the exact comparison. Funny thing is that this, now, after seeing this vid, the game reminds me a bit of NFL Gameday. I used to love holding the shoulder button then pressing X to REALLY hit an approaching tackler. I felt like Jim Brown, back in those days. Lol.

As for the running animation, yea, too upright but, heck, Madden hasn't had it right all this time until maybe now with Madden 11 so that may not matter. I have to get this game in my hands first to really see how it feels. Vids of a video game don't tell the whole story.

# 33 SouthernBrick @ 05/07/10 10:45 PM
Looked good except for the up right running. Never liked it, never will.

God I hope this game makes some noise but, I'm not counting on it..

# 34 mestevo @ 05/07/10 10:46 PM
What's with number 74 in the slow mo sequence towards the beginning? He makes a block and then he seems to lose consciousness and just falls down with his guy.

The rest of that sequence is really poor too actually the way all the guys we can see just pivot to the nearest defender (even if they're behind them) to start blocking them.

Looks pretty cool overall, just over 3 weeks until release, demo can't get here quick enough.

# 35 canes21 @ 05/07/10 10:56 PM
This is nice! I can't believe this is here though. 3 years of waiting, now I just have 20 some odd days now....

Overall, impressed by the control scheme. Its basically what I envisioned it to be. Hopefully the gameplay does too..

# 36 JayBee74 @ 05/07/10 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
What's with number 74 in the slow mo sequence towards the beginning? He makes a block and then he seems to lose consciousness and just falls down with his guy.

The rest of that sequence is really poor too actually the way all the guys we can see just pivot to the nearest defender (even if they're behind them) to start blocking them.

Looks pretty cool overall, just over 3 weeks until release, demo can't get here quick enough.
I just saw 74 make a good block, than fall down in the process of doing so. I'm not sure what you're seeing that's "really poor". Are you talking about the very beginning just after the handoff?

# 37 allBthere @ 05/07/10 11:18 PM
Quote:
at this point if you got the game and loved it, you would never admit it. You've been a troll for over 2 years for this game. I really hope it's fun so that I enjoy it, and also to ram it down your throat.

Even so, you'd still just make useless comments like that and keep mentioning things like the visors. Get a life man - if you're not into the game; fine. But 2 years of trolling is beyond BS. Kindly GTFO

# 38 JayBee74 @ 05/07/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
at this point if you got the game and loved it, you would never admit it. You've been a troll for over 2 years for this game. I really hope it's fun so that I enjoy it, and also to ram it down your throat.

Even so, you'd still just make useless comments like that and keep mentioning things like the visors. Get a life man - if you're not into the game; fine. But 2 years of trolling is beyond BS. Kindly GTFO
*jmood's alright, but some of you haters ought to at least pretend to like one or two aspects of the game, so your bashing sounds more genuine.

# 39 jmood88 @ 05/07/10 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere

lmao. Show me where I've brought up useless things like visors and I'll give you a prize. The whole point of this game is the revolutionary Physics Based Action and the realism it supposedly brings to the animations, which so far hasn't proven to be true. I'm not going to apologize for not fawning over this like you and most of the people in this thread.

# 40 mestevo @ 05/07/10 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I just saw 74 make a good block, than fall down in the process of doing so. I'm not sure what you're seeing that's "really poor". Are you talking about the very beginning just after the handoff?
After he makes the block, he's almost lifeless, just falls to the ground like he was just shot in the back of the head. I don't see why when he blocked he didn't keep moving his feet and walking, instead he stands and falls. The other stuff I was referring to was the other AI players looking like robots and simultaneously switching targets... even though the player that was blocked should have never really been their target to begin with.

The only way I can explain this (and it's kinda awesome) is the guy he blocked stepped on his left foot. His right foot looks that is clipped into the field looks like it stuck though and that's why he fell.

And actually, what the heck is up with that, watch the runners feet, towards the end of that slow mo sequence w/ number 74 blocking for him, his foot clips into the ground almost halfway to his ankle.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.