Home
NHL 11 News Post

Quote:
"For the last few years the EA SPORTS NHL team has unofficially kicked off their yearly campaign inviting some of the most vocal members of its community to EA Canada to provide feedback collected from their respective communities, and to get a sneak peak at the upcoming iteration from the NHL franchise. This year is no exception and we’re enthused to invite 14 hockey enthusiasts from coast-to-coast to the studio for our two-day NHL 11 Community Event on May 20th and 21st.

Representing OperationSports.com is one of the moderators from the site, Steve Shaulis, otherwise known as Qb on the forums. Residing out of Bridgeville, PA, Steve’s allegiance lies with the Penguins as they look to make a run at back-to-back Stanley Cups. The first NHL video game he’s ever played was NHL 93 on the Genesis and you can find him online playing NHL 10 on his X360 EASHL team, The Corporation or just chillin’ playing offline on his PS3. Check him out here making the nice slap-pass from his own end setting up a goal during OTP play."

You can read the full blog at EA's In The Crease Blog site. It includes a brief bio for each community representative -- notice I'm first on the list -- and encourages fans of the series to check out the NHL11 Twitter and Facebook pages where they'll "release all things EA SPORTS NHL first!"

I'll do my best to share what information/impressions I can with the OS community as soon as possible. I have no idea what my internet access will be like when I'm out there -- I won't be traveling with a laptop unfortunately -- but trust me, I won't disappear after the event. I'll do my best to answer any & all questions I am authorized to answer.

My Pittsburgh to Denver to Vancouver travel day of fun is only one week from today!

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Vikes1 @ 05/24/10 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I know people are picky about AI & such, but I think this year's game will offer something for everyone and will have tremendous depth.
I sure like the sound of this.

For the game to have the flexibility to be enjoyed by nearly all interested...and to have great depth. Really looking forward to hearing more! Really can't wait to hear about the new physics engine being introduced. And see it in action.

# 42 Qb @ 05/24/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucwolfe
Hey guys, QB and Luger33 were among amazing person at the event, they dedicated every second to improve the next NHL game. They had pride of who they were representing. The game will be a success with their ideas, suggestions, comments, etc. I hope to meet again both of them and the rest of the crew.
Welcome to OS, sir! You were a great contributor as well. I'll email you my info for your site soon. Luc's site is www.crashthenet.ca and it's worth a visit.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to doctor the name of this thread and keep it as a general CE Event sticky. The other feedback thread I'm going to take down since they were for me to gather information prior to the event. Need to clean up the forum and decrease the number of schtickies...

I also don't want anyone getting confused when they see "community event feedback" threads by thinking that it's me giving my feedback. But feel free to continue to post ideas in them if you wish, as I'll be sending follow-up stuff to some of the devs in the near future.

Look for my recap of the event soon, possibly today/tonight. Busy at work today after missing three days last week, so I can't promise anything...

# 43 lucwolfe @ 05/24/10 10:58 PM
I'm waiting for my write-up approval still. you know you can't trust those Frenchmen.

# 44 Cubfan @ 05/25/10 01:42 AM
Burn that NDA and tell us everything

# 45 NHLandPESFan @ 05/25/10 01:39 PM
Please tell in Morse Code whether franchise mode will finally be multiplayer

# 46 Money99 @ 05/28/10 09:29 AM
QB, Luc, could either of you answer this question?

After playing NHL11 is it hard to go back to NHL10?

# 47 Qb @ 05/28/10 11:19 AM
In some ways, yes, but I've played a few nights of OTP and still had fun with it. I will say this... I was going to start a GM mode to toy with over the summer and now I'm not sure that I can. Too many big & little additions to the mode -- to say nothing of gameplay versus the CPU -- to go on with it now.

# 48 Money99 @ 05/28/10 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
In some ways, yes, but I've played a few nights of OTP and still had fun with it. I will say this... I was going to start a GM mode to toy with over the summer and now I'm not sure that I can. Too many big & little additions to the mode -- to say nothing of gameplay versus the CPU -- to go on with it now.
Thanks!

# 49 NYwRiter94 @ 05/28/10 07:36 PM
Maybe you can answer this since it's not a concrete question: do you think this year's BAGM mode solves the 'atmosphere' problem everyone always talks about?

# 50 Vikes1 @ 05/29/10 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I was going to start a GM mode to toy with over the summer and now I'm not sure that I can. Too many big & little additions to the mode -- to say nothing of gameplay versus the CPU -- to go on with it now.
As a mainly GM mode player...this sounds very encouraging. Especially the hint of the gameplay being improved to the point of no return.

Man, this is getting downright painful waiting for the full release of info from you Qb.

# 51 savoie2006 @ 05/30/10 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
As a mainly GM mode player...this sounds very encouraging. Especially the hint of the gameplay being improved to the point of no return.

Man, this is getting downright painful waiting for the full release of info from you Qb.
This is why I love/hate this time of year. Once you start hearing about all the improvements and cool new things in the new game, your interest in the current game decreases considerably and you just want to play the new game. If I was Q, I would be miserable most likely. First to have to withhold the info he has until given the green light, plus having hands on with NHL 11 and now having to go back to 10 .

# 52 Vikes1 @ 05/30/10 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
This is why I love/hate this time of year. Once you start hearing about all the improvements and cool new things in the new game, your interest in the current game decreases considerably and you just want to play the new game. If I was Q, I would be miserable most likely. First to have to withhold the info he has until given the green light, plus having hands on with NHL 11 and now having to go back to 10 .
I know just what you mean Savoie.

I'd go through this every year with the football games. Hoping and thinking things would surely be better with the coming games. And ya...it did make it tough to keep my interest with the games I had.

And yep...Qb has it worse than the rest of us. I imagine he's splitting at the seams to fill us in. And hopefully NHL'10' seems really dated to Qb now.

One good thing about the wait for NHL'11' is...it'll make the summer go by a bit slower. Always a good thing up here in Frostbite Falls MN.

# 53 Qb @ 05/31/10 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
Maybe you can answer this since it's not a concrete question: do you think this year's BAGM mode solves the 'atmosphere' problem everyone always talks about?
Hmmm, how to answer? I guess I can't give a real answer as certain things that might add to the "atmosphere" were not fully implemented. Or so I was told...

And as for everyone feeling so bad for me, I think I'll be OK. I played a few nights of EASHL action and it was the same mix of 90/10% fun/crap. Haven't played too much offline since the trip, although I might do a playoff mode or two in the near future. It's hard to go back, but what choice do I have, right?

# 54 Petocrew @ 06/01/10 04:12 PM
Always felt that hockey was the sports video game. I held off purchasing the last couple of years of hockey games because I need online franchising (like NCAA 2009) so I can play in leagues with my buddies and brothers.

Online Franchise = Automatic Purchase

# 55 plaidchuck @ 06/08/10 01:50 PM
So any talk of a roster/slider share for next year?

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.