Home
Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 81 -DaVe- @ 05/15/10 09:09 AM
question will they have just 1 camera angle or will they give us the option to switch to a far away sky look if we desired?

# 82 elgreazy1 @ 05/15/10 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I liked the part where the pass was thrown too early and the QB/WR mis-timed it. That shows there's a chance route-based passing is IN this game. That'd be a huge accomplishment IMO!
Yes, and this is one of my problems with the Madden franchise that 2K had always implemented. I was never a mad bomber, so precise, timed routes were always my bread and butter.

(edit: appears Kasey answered this a bit too)
So I guess I'm concerned about the passing mechanics only in that what you can do after the pass. The video states you can put some aftertouch on the ball but how does that impact you switching to the receiver in order to go after the ball? Can you under throw and over throw as well (to the receivers feet or up top over the defender)? I guess until we play the game we won't know how well the transition will be if there is one at all. Is it even an option to switch to the WR before the ball arrives? If not, it'll take away from the guys with stick skills who go in for the user catches.

Even still, I'm looking forward to this learning curve; even if it means my WRs get absolutely destroyed over the middle... can't wait to see those "animations".

# 83 mvb34 @ 05/15/10 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
Nice, informative video..

Looks like this game will have a learning curve on the passing..I love it!!

Not so cheese friendly!!

I'm sure cheeser wont run fly pattern all game long because when the fatigue kicks in wait no fatigue never mind..

# 84 RayAllen20 @ 05/15/10 09:53 AM
Wow I've never seen something like that play where that wide receiver got creamed with a lead pass and then a defender intercepted it behind him. This game is actually looking a lot better than a month ago. Wish the graphics weren't like that, although I know they want futuristic football.

# 85 NoDakHusker @ 05/15/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
Man 505 pulling all the stops! I'm impressed ! I'll give them a pass for the playermodels and equipment. The gameplay is what I care about
You mean Natural Motion is pulling all the stops.
505 is just publishing the game.

# 86 bonannogiovanni @ 05/15/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
I'm pretty confident they have a way to throw the ball away. Maybe it's in the lead passing If you flick it really hard before you throw you'll wind up throwing it out of bounds(but, I doubt it's implemented that way).

I know the A button is for more than just pre-snap though but, it probably doesn't do to many different things. I wouldn't be surprised If the A button was to throw the ball away.

Anyone remember what the pump fake button is or is that used in the analog stick?
That makes sense, it could be select leftmost receiver, flick up to throw, then hold left to send the ball out of bounds, very very convoluted.

# 87 linkboy @ 05/15/10 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
DAMN Mike Nolan.... Aaron Rodgers should've been a 9er. >
It really wouldn't have mattered, Nolan would have ruined his career instead of Alex's. The 49ers shouldn't have taken either QB that year, they didn't have anything in place to develop one.

As for this video, totally love. Nice to see a game where you actually have to play like a QB, not just toss it up for a TD.

# 88 elgreazy1 @ 05/15/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I'm sure cheeser wont run fly pattern all game long because when the fatigue kicks in wait no fatigue never mind..
Conversely, why don't people think fatigue would benefit both sides of the ball just as much as it hurts? A power back can't wear down a defense because they can't get tired just as much as a defense can't impose it's will on an offense by wearing them down. A WR can run streaks all day and so should the CBs tracing after him. You can blitz LBs all day long because they don't get their energy eaten up by pass protection, etc. It's two-fold.

# 89 NoDakHusker @ 05/15/10 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Conversely, why don't people think fatigue would benefit both sides of the ball just as much as it hurts? A power back can't wear down a defense because they can't get tired just as much as a defense can't impose it's will on an offense by wearing them down. A WR can run streaks all day and so should the CBs tracing after him. You can blitz LBs all day long because they don't get their energy eaten up by pass protection, etc. It's two-fold.
EXACTLY. People seem to forget that it's a two way street when it comes to no fatigue.

# 90 radatdude2 @ 05/15/10 11:36 AM
To be honest i never played a game and seen a DB get beat because he was tiered due to fatigue being a factor has anyone else? with all the youtube vids out there if one exist can someone post it.

# 91 deaduck @ 05/15/10 12:29 PM
This controller scheme looks decent,

Have to see how it actually plays though, or wait to hear how it plays.

# 92 xblake16x @ 05/15/10 01:39 PM
Is it just me or is that mid air collision pass interference or not?

call me crazy but i think it was

# 93 spit_bubble @ 05/15/10 01:44 PM

# 94 jcbsides @ 05/15/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
Is it just me or is that mid air collision pass interference or not?

call me crazy but i think it was
I thought the same thing. We don't see the end of the play/ after the play so its hard to say.

# 95 mvb34 @ 05/15/10 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Thats great for Arcade Football Game, I thought this was to be sim football game?

# 96 gr18 @ 05/15/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Thats great for Arcade Football Game, I thought this was to be sim football game?
Kinda funny how if someone would be trolling around making negative comments about Madden a moderator would be ready to throw a ban out there......

# 97 yardz23 @ 05/15/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Whats SIM about it? It realistically portrays human movement and physics. It adheres to all the rules seen in professional football.

Would having injuries and fatigue make it more sim? Of course. But how the lack of those cancels out the rest of the sim elements is beyond me.

Shall i count the ways madden isn't 100% sim to prove it's arcade? We could play that game all day, but thats not here.

The devs have been very clear about its blurring lines of arcade/sim all while keeping the entire game grounded in realistic terms.

# 98 gr18 @ 05/15/10 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23
Whats SIM about it? It realistically portrays human movement and physics. It adheres to all the rules seen in professional football.

Would having injuries and fatigue make it more sim? Of course. But how the lack of those cancels out the rest of the sim elements is beyond me.

Shall i count the ways madden isn't 100% sim to prove it's arcade? We could play that game all day, but thats not here.

The devs have been very clear about its blurring lines of arcade/sim all while keeping the entire game grounded in realistic terms.
I agree with you but I wouldn't be quick to use "Madden' around here in too many replies for your sake.The mods should take care of it if someone trolls on this board trying to provoke people too often with random negative comments.

# 99 NoDakHusker @ 05/15/10 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23

Great point. Just don't even mention that other game. This is the BB forum. Let's stick to talking about BB.

# 100 gr18 @ 05/15/10 05:40 PM
This video should really be of major interest to all 2k8 fans who have constantly talked about the greatness of the route based passing.I totally agree that, this is fantastic.Any fan of 'real' football has to be pleased at what this game has to offer.

I really wish people would stop picking apart things until we see to what extent they happen during games.I'm sure alot of it is very minor while some things are to be expected.There hasn't been a football game yet without some problems.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.