Home
MLB 10 News Post

We have recently released a Game update for MLB ’10 The Show (5-18-10). This patch resolves a handful of issues. In addition to correcting some items, which may or may not be noticeable. We’ve also taken the opportunity to include some enhancements to the in-game experience. Listed below are the fixes in the update.

- Addressed lock in Tropicana Field when pressing Select to view Pitcher/Batter Status window.
- Fixed issue with trade offers not being saved properly and being lost when the saved file was loaded.
- Added batting stance animations for Ryan Braun, Carlos Gomez, Gabe Gross, Matt Joyce, Kevin Kouzmanoff
- Fixed issue on Make Trade screen with multiple user teams, preventing user from incrementing and decrementing the viewed organization making trades with other teams impossible at times.
- Fixed issue in Franchise when injuries are set to auto. MLB Injuries notifications were not being dispatched.
- Fixed issue with any user song over 244 warping around and play a different user song whether you save/restore or not.
- Fixed RTTS issue, where classic baserunning sometimes ran after arriving safely at a base, if held down the R1 button till slide started.
- Fixed issue with bounced pitch with 3-2 count, if fielded instantly off the bounce by the catcher, was calling an error on the catcher.
- Fixed Game Intro with incorrect records for teams in post-season.
- Fixed pitcher potentials in season and franchise modes.
- Don't allow a renewable or arbitration eligible player to accept a contract unless he's really interested in it.
- Fixed Newspaper information in Online League office. Correct scores, winner/loser, etc.
- Intentional walk Online gameplay issue addressed.
- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.
- Minnesota day and night, backstop changed to Limestone
- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.
- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).
- Fixed issues with attendance.
- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.
- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.
- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.
- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on.
- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.
- Sounds of the show fix, for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.
- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.
- Fixed issue causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.
- Fixed bug causing trades to not be accepted during spring training.
- Create a player using these stances/deliveries: Stances: Bay Jason, Barmes Clint, Barton Daric, Fukudome Kosuke, Kemp Matt, Longoria Evan Pitch Deliveries: Kuroda Hiroki, Lilly Ted
- Fixed Hard drive game data space and messages.
- Road to the Show Presentation Mode settings are now saved after rebooting the game.
- Fixed Road to the Show issue when on the Game Stats screen after skipping training then playing a game.
- Fixed issue in Franchise Mode and controlling of 30 teams and releasing a lot of players.
- Fixed issue when selecting "Movie Maker" with 10 replays for a movie when 11 are present.
- Fixed ball deflection sounds off players.
- Fixed issue with Pitcher batter status window.
- Fixed issues with injuries during online games.
- Fixed fielding issue with catcher overthrowing to first base on a dropped third strike.
- Fixed fielding issue with the ball in the dirt right at the feet of the user catcher.
- Fixed an issue when Playing a tiebreaker game.
- Fixed MOM bug where batter bunts every time you select hit-and-run
-Fixed HR not being called in Pologrounds when the ball is hit off the foul poll
-Fixed issue in Franchise mode where renewable or arbitration eligible player would accept any offer
-Fixed bug in online where mischief values would cause some users Sportsmanship rating to drop to 0
-Fixed Brandon Wood (Angels) having Nick Adenharts head and vice verse
-Fixed Clayton Mortensen's face
-Fixed the MLB.com ticker in-game.
-(Side note) These fixes will work with your existing franchises
- Online addition of Game History option in user list options. Can be found in Leaderboards, League Lobby, Buddy List and Schedule screens.

Online Leagues
-Games that diverge (drop, disconnect etc..) will now be thrown away. (This is a stop gap measure for MLB '10. In MLB '11 we will allow commissioners the ability to reset games that diverge.)
- Online League issues addressed: standings, injuries, free agents, schedule, lineup, pitcher rotation, team management.

As always, thank you for your support and patience. Enjoy the season!

- MLB The Show Dev Team

P.S. There are a few more fixes not listed above I'll add them asap. Also thank you (OS and everyone at Theshowcommunity.com) for your help in identifying some of issues.

-------------------------------------

*UPDATE: 3:50 PM EST
A new bug was introduced during the patch 3 process. The previous reported bug on this issue did not happen 100% of the time. There needed to be a perfect storm to recreate it, sadly we were never able re-create it in house or it would have been fixed.

Something happened in patch 3 that made the bug occur 100% of the time if the runner crossed home plate before the out was recorded.

We are looking at a 24 hour turnaround for 3rd out issue. Can't confirm the time frame though.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 301 DJ @ 05/20/10 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep10
I know that most of you won't do this but I downloaded Patch 3 and played a few games of a new franchise with the Reds because I wanted to see if this were true or not and the bug doesn't seem to exist if you start a new franchise. I played 3 games last night and never once did a runner score after getting the 3rd out from 3rd base. Small sample but in the 3 games I had a runner on 3 on about 5 different occasions and it never counted after making the 3rd out. Like I said I know most people won't start a new Franchise. The only reason I did was I had one started with the M's and wanted to start one with my team the Reds.
Interesting. I just got the game (and a PS3 for that matter) yesterday and downloaded the patches, so I'll have to check it out.

# 302 littleguy89 @ 05/20/10 11:15 AM
I only have two wishes....to have this fixed already, I'm sick of playing demos lol and two that we could het some update from Russell on where we are at with this. I'm growing impatient. And save the time for riping me about that, I know there's more than just me.

# 303 ckarlic @ 05/20/10 11:25 AM
Im actually glad i was at work when the patch dropped and didnt have a chance to download it. I was going to downloaded when I got home from work but saw the 3rd base bug and decided to hold off. Ive been playing with my internet disabled and i will continue to do so until the fix comes out. Not a big deal for me right now. Im chugging along with my franchise.

# 304 bwa772008 @ 05/20/10 11:27 AM
Actually I think people have a right to be upset. People paid good money for this game and want to play it(without a big bug like the run scoring bug). Russell hasn't bothered to update anyone recently after saying there would be a 24 hour turnaround. We are way past that now. So I think that at least an explanation as to what is going on with the fix on this is needed. People are not able to play the game the way they should because of Sony infecting it with a bug.....so people should not get ripped for being upset about this in my opinion.

# 305 Chef Matt @ 05/20/10 11:29 AM
My guess is the fix is going through approvals right now. Nothin the devs can do but wait if that is the case.

# 306 GOBLUE_08 @ 05/20/10 11:30 AM
Jesus, talk about beating a dead horse.....

Thanks for being on top of things as usual SCEA

# 307 ckarlic @ 05/20/10 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bird Cordat
Who in here is using knight's rosters and who is using the online updated one for their franchises ?

I'm going to start a new one if they ever get this bug fixed, and am trying to decide which one to go with. I've been reading something about a bug with potential causing a whole bunch of stars to be left as free agents the whole season in the 2013 or 2014 season. I guess I'm more just curious cause right now I'm more likely to sell this game on ebay or gamestop than make it to 2013 in my franchise.
I am already doing a franchise with the Yankees using the March 8th update from SCEA and am currently at June 16th 2010. I will do another franchise with the Rockies using Knight's v2 set when it comes out.

# 308 Pared @ 05/20/10 11:36 AM
This bickering is getting old.

Cut it out. If you have nothing productive to post, DON'T POST.

# 309 Jackdog @ 05/20/10 11:39 AM
Any updates will be posted. In the meantime I suggest some of you re-read the TOS and http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ct-update.html Thanks

# 310 BIG CAROLINA @ 05/20/10 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdog
Any updates will be posted. In the meantime I suggest some of you re-read the TOS and http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ct-update.html Thanks
Great and I hope that the mods fully enforce this. SCEA gave us an unexpected gift, yes we all know it has a bug(s) but we also all know who have been here long enough that SCEA WILL and not might fix this issue.

SCEA is second to none with customer service/support in not only the video game industry but from my experience the business entity as a whole.

I have experienced some terrible customer service on products where I paid thousands for items let alone $60. I am far from the kiss up fella,have no aspirations of going to SCEA to play a pre-build of the game..... But I do know when a thank you and some appreciation is due

# 311 deathdealer21 @ 05/20/10 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Great and I hope that the mods fully enforce this. SCEA gave us an unexpected gift, yes we all know it has a bug(s) but we also all know who have been here long enough that SCEA WILL and not might fix this issue.

SCEA is second to none with customer service/support in not only the video game industry but from my experience the business entity as a whole.

I have experienced some terrible customer service on products where I paid thousands for items let alone $60. I am far from the kiss up fella,have no aspirations of going to SCEA to play a pre-build of the game..... But I do know when a thank you and some appreciation is due
man i have been here for a couple of years but i never post because i dont like posting to repeat what everyone else says but this is getting old.....
no the patch was not a gift it was something that should have been right in the first place who in the world buys unfinished products on purpose?
games now a days do not cost 60 dollars they cost more because you got to have internet to dl patches and rosters every month my internet is 40 dollars a month
and now these gaming companies are try to charge for online to fight the sales of used games r u serious? think about that what if you have two consoles in your house?
what if you borrow a game from a buddy?
what if you gamefly? you gotto pay ten dollars to play online.
my point is yes if a game has been out for two months now like the show i should not have to wait to play because of patches, they didnt wait for my money
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090754p1.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1091294p1.html

# 312 littleguy89 @ 05/20/10 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdealer21
man i have been here for a couple of years but i never post because i dont like posting to repeat what everyone else says but this is getting old.....
no the patch was not a gift it was something that should have been right in the first place who in the world buys unfinished products on purpose?
games now a days do not cost 60 dollars they cost more because you got to have internet to dl patches and rosters every month my internet is 40 dollars a month
and now these gaming companies are try to charge for online to fight the sales of used games r u serious? think about that what if you have two consoles in your house?
what if you borrow a game from a buddy?
what if you gamefly? you gotto pay ten dollars to play online.
my point is yes if a game has been out for two months now like the show i should not have to wait to play because of patches, they didnt wait for my money
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090754p1.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1091294p1.html
Agreed! I'm also wondering if it's possible for them to just re apply patch 2 until they fix patch 3?

# 313 Jackdog @ 05/20/10 01:00 PM
Closed. When an update becomes available it will be posted.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.