Home
MLB 10 News Post

We have recently released a Game update for MLB ’10 The Show (5-18-10). This patch resolves a handful of issues. In addition to correcting some items, which may or may not be noticeable. We’ve also taken the opportunity to include some enhancements to the in-game experience. Listed below are the fixes in the update.

- Addressed lock in Tropicana Field when pressing Select to view Pitcher/Batter Status window.
- Fixed issue with trade offers not being saved properly and being lost when the saved file was loaded.
- Added batting stance animations for Ryan Braun, Carlos Gomez, Gabe Gross, Matt Joyce, Kevin Kouzmanoff
- Fixed issue on Make Trade screen with multiple user teams, preventing user from incrementing and decrementing the viewed organization making trades with other teams impossible at times.
- Fixed issue in Franchise when injuries are set to auto. MLB Injuries notifications were not being dispatched.
- Fixed issue with any user song over 244 warping around and play a different user song whether you save/restore or not.
- Fixed RTTS issue, where classic baserunning sometimes ran after arriving safely at a base, if held down the R1 button till slide started.
- Fixed issue with bounced pitch with 3-2 count, if fielded instantly off the bounce by the catcher, was calling an error on the catcher.
- Fixed Game Intro with incorrect records for teams in post-season.
- Fixed pitcher potentials in season and franchise modes.
- Don't allow a renewable or arbitration eligible player to accept a contract unless he's really interested in it.
- Fixed Newspaper information in Online League office. Correct scores, winner/loser, etc.
- Intentional walk Online gameplay issue addressed.
- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.
- Minnesota day and night, backstop changed to Limestone
- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.
- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).
- Fixed issues with attendance.
- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.
- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.
- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.
- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on.
- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.
- Sounds of the show fix, for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.
- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.
- Fixed issue causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.
- Fixed bug causing trades to not be accepted during spring training.
- Create a player using these stances/deliveries: Stances: Bay Jason, Barmes Clint, Barton Daric, Fukudome Kosuke, Kemp Matt, Longoria Evan Pitch Deliveries: Kuroda Hiroki, Lilly Ted
- Fixed Hard drive game data space and messages.
- Road to the Show Presentation Mode settings are now saved after rebooting the game.
- Fixed Road to the Show issue when on the Game Stats screen after skipping training then playing a game.
- Fixed issue in Franchise Mode and controlling of 30 teams and releasing a lot of players.
- Fixed issue when selecting "Movie Maker" with 10 replays for a movie when 11 are present.
- Fixed ball deflection sounds off players.
- Fixed issue with Pitcher batter status window.
- Fixed issues with injuries during online games.
- Fixed fielding issue with catcher overthrowing to first base on a dropped third strike.
- Fixed fielding issue with the ball in the dirt right at the feet of the user catcher.
- Fixed an issue when Playing a tiebreaker game.
- Fixed MOM bug where batter bunts every time you select hit-and-run
-Fixed HR not being called in Pologrounds when the ball is hit off the foul poll
-Fixed issue in Franchise mode where renewable or arbitration eligible player would accept any offer
-Fixed bug in online where mischief values would cause some users Sportsmanship rating to drop to 0
-Fixed Brandon Wood (Angels) having Nick Adenharts head and vice verse
-Fixed Clayton Mortensen's face
-Fixed the MLB.com ticker in-game.
-(Side note) These fixes will work with your existing franchises
- Online addition of Game History option in user list options. Can be found in Leaderboards, League Lobby, Buddy List and Schedule screens.

Online Leagues
-Games that diverge (drop, disconnect etc..) will now be thrown away. (This is a stop gap measure for MLB '10. In MLB '11 we will allow commissioners the ability to reset games that diverge.)
- Online League issues addressed: standings, injuries, free agents, schedule, lineup, pitcher rotation, team management.

As always, thank you for your support and patience. Enjoy the season!

- MLB The Show Dev Team

P.S. There are a few more fixes not listed above I'll add them asap. Also thank you (OS and everyone at Theshowcommunity.com) for your help in identifying some of issues.

-------------------------------------

*UPDATE: 3:50 PM EST
A new bug was introduced during the patch 3 process. The previous reported bug on this issue did not happen 100% of the time. There needed to be a perfect storm to recreate it, sadly we were never able re-create it in house or it would have been fixed.

Something happened in patch 3 that made the bug occur 100% of the time if the runner crossed home plate before the out was recorded.

We are looking at a 24 hour turnaround for 3rd out issue. Can't confirm the time frame though.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Chef Matt @ 05/18/10 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Thx, found the bug will update when I have some more information
that makes feel like this

# 82 cactusruss @ 05/18/10 01:23 PM
Too bad there's not a thread where people don't have to read through 8 pages before being warned to not download the patch. I just barely got to page 8 in time to cancel my 95% download.

I imagine if it's possible for SCEA to pull the patch off the servers and replace it with patch #2, they will.

# 83 Knight165 @ 05/18/10 01:25 PM
Excellent.
Internet disabled.....U.F.O.

M.K.
Knight165

# 84 hfxrine19 @ 05/18/10 01:26 PM
besides the runner scoring from 3rd with 2 outs, does anyone know what is affected by the A potential pitchers fix? Is there less A potential pitchers? Do they progress less, do hitters progress more? Are there more A potential hitters in the draft than pitchers? This can greatly affect dynasty!

# 85 magoo1967 @ 05/18/10 01:29 PM
Wow, that's a pretty horrendous side effect of patch 3. It's extremely cool that SCEA continues to support the game by addressing glitches over 2 months after the game is released, but obviously a baseball game that doesn't keep the correct score is just about useless. If this is true, they should pull the patch until they can fix it, before thousands of people screw up their game. I'm so glad I read this before downloading the patch (I always wait to read the feedback anyway). Does anybody know if this patch fixed the pitch colors on the pitch review screen?

Edit:

Quote:
Awesome!!!

# 86 adembroski @ 05/18/10 01:36 PM
Quote:
So, being that you guys ARE Sony, any chance we're not waiting through the ridiculously long approval process before getting the updated patch?

# 87 23 @ 05/18/10 01:38 PM
As I just explained to you in PM, if you want to use the forum as a platform for your personal agenda then you are in the wrong place.

This forum is for the patch and its discussions. Thank You

# 88 rspencer86 @ 05/18/10 01:38 PM
I'd recommend a mod or Russ update the first post letting people know what the issue is and that they have found it and are looking to fix it. It's best to get that info out there right from the start of the thread.

# 89 Matz21Moabit @ 05/18/10 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
So, being that you guys ARE Sony, any chance we're not waiting through the ridiculously long approval process before getting the updated patch?
totaly agree

nice to know that scea do something BUT i don´t wait much longer when patch 4 will be released in the next 1-2 days but i don´t wait 2 weeks without any comments

# 90 jvalverde88 @ 05/18/10 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I'd recommend a mod or Russ update the first post letting people know what the issue is and that they have found it and are looking to fix it. It's best to get that info out there right from the start of the thread.
I second this.

# 91 cactusruss @ 05/18/10 01:41 PM
You'd think they'd at least be able to pull patch 3, and replace it with patch 2 so everyone who was unfortunate enough to download 3 could go back to 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu
Just...incredible.
Yeah, you might as well drop it dude. Everything you said was right though.

# 92 majestic24 @ 05/18/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
agreed.

# 93 bcruise @ 05/18/10 01:45 PM
I just saw it too, while actively trying to recreate it controlling both teams, and bunting with a runner on 3rd and two outs. Matt's "run is in" line played during the play and sure enough, the run counted after the inning was over.

I also don't throw around the word gamekiller lightly, but this is definitely a code red, DEFCON 1 type bug. And I'm sure Russell and the dev team knows it. This completely destroys online play too if you think about it.

Bottom line is I don't think this can go unpatched - I would be amazed if it does.

# 94 23 @ 05/18/10 01:45 PM
Guys, patch only please

# 95 jvalverde88 @ 05/18/10 01:46 PM
I don't know if we are getting a 4th patch.

I believe developers get 1-2 patches (don't take my word for it as I'm not too sure about the process)
In reality I think we were lucky to even get a 3rd patch IMO.

# 96 chuckm1961 @ 05/18/10 01:46 PM
Rabble rabble rabble

# 97 tabarnes19_SDS @ 05/18/10 01:49 PM
If they pull patch 3 people would have to manually delete game data and reinstall. Also if a franchise or rtts file was saved with patch 3 it might not be compatible any longer with 2 data.

I feel bad right now for these guys.....you think things are fixed and bam a slap in the face. I am sure they will make things right.

# 98 paul jone @ 05/18/10 01:50 PM
I really liked the way the game was playing after scea came out with patch 2. Russell, I know you are reading these and I think I'm on the same page with alot of people, in that, if possible, I think you guys should just reissue patch 2 or patch 1 and 2 if need be so it will download over patch 3 ?

I think most people on here are in agreement on that.

# 99 dkrause1971 @ 05/18/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfxrine19
besides the runner scoring from 3rd with 2 outs, does anyone know what is affected by the A potential pitchers fix? Is there less A potential pitchers? Do they progress less, do hitters progress more? Are there more A potential hitters in the draft than pitchers? This can greatly affect dynasty!

I would like a little more information on this one too.

# 100 Chef Matt @ 05/18/10 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I don't know if we are getting a 4th patch.

I believe developers get 1-2 patches (don't take my word for it as I'm not too sure about the process)
In reality I think we were lucky to even get a 3rd patch IMO.
I don't think it will call for a forth patch. Just a brush up of the third patch and a re-release.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.